Toshiba Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toshiba Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2017

Electrical Design Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toshiba (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied this position online. First the HR called to give a screening interview, one week later he called again and assigned one on-site interview. The interviewer are very nice and easygoing people, and interview process is quite pleasant, mainly related to your personalities and previous experience. A few days later the HR called again and I got this offer. I really like the people and facilities there in Toshiba.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work on motor design?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Toshiba (Albany, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Several phone interviews, very drawn out. Working at Toshiba has been fine, the sales process is long and it has been frustrating dealing with customers at times but the schedule is great and it is very good experience. Especially in sales.

Vocie Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Toshiba (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Contacted by Two recruiters and the wait was a month. A friend was working there with the same position in 2011. Interview with a new hired manager and he was so cool and nice. Never even ask me about any technical question . I have 20 plus years experience. It seems that he was nice and a joker. I feel at home.
    The second interviewer was a Director/Manager. He has been there for maybe 12 plus years. All he asked me was how do I monitor phone systems. I have been in this field for many years and knows not to give out my skills if company do not even have monitoring tools. Actually if they read this , Cisco comes with real-time monitoring tools. Figure it out your self sir.
    I wear my nice suite with my shining shoes to impress but the interview wore a golf T-shirt. How exciting.
    Not much technical question and I left with a great smile. I myself was so myself and friendly. I guess they do not like that.
    Got information the follow day, I was not fit for the position. WOW!!!!
    I think I know why. I asked the interview , how many people in the team and he said "you are looking at him"
    One man operation an work your butt out. That maybe the reason my friend left and I thought I will be working with him. He also was gone.The previous engineer also got fired and I saw his profile in Linked that he was really a nice qualified engineer. He work his way up from UPS and got a degree and experience. Probably internal politics got him fired. He probably got sick working there.
    Actually I do not want to travel to the dangerous Columbia (Bogota) and would turn down the job. I also do not plan to work over-time. I am debt free and do not need that much cash.

I guess they do not like my answer to my high goals in 5 years. I am not fit for the job so they said.

Interview Questions

• What do you want see in 5 to 7 years working in this company?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toshiba.

Interview

There was no any problem. They were so nice people.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Toshiba in January 2014.

Interview

Had several phone interviews with the hiring manager in Houston; hit it off and scheduled me an in person interview at their Bryan, TX offices. The woman form the Bryan offices left a message asking to schedule an interview. I reached back out to both of them multiple times (phone and email) and never heard from either again. Very Unprofessional.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Toshiba in November 2013.

Interview

I talk with the HR in university career fair last year, and they give me a call after that told me to have an onsite interview. The interview was about motor control and the corresponding software skills of motor control and power electronics. It's very hard for a student cause it need at least 5 years experience. And, I think Toshiba is a very bad company, because they told me they will cover the trip cost of the onsite interview, I paid everything but they never contact with you again, and no email replies.

Interview Questions

• they need 5 years experience   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toshiba (San Diego, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I met with the Director/Manager of the TEC division in RB and was given a clear, concise outline of what my job duties would be and what would be expected from me. He was very professional but friendly and helped me make me feel welcome and at ease during the interview. I immediately knew that I wanted to work with him and his team.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to self motivate throughout the day?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Toshiba (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

It took them ages to contact me back but in the end i got the job

Interview Questions

• Name a situtation when it was hard to work with your teammate   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Toshiba (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by 4 managers; 50% technical. Interview was straightforward. 2 of the managers ask few technical questions and 2 of them asked questions related to personality. it wasn't really difficult. They were nice during the interview and the entire process went really good

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toshiba in November 2012.

Interview

I was put in touch with the Director of Sales via an industry recruiter. We met on a Friday afternoon in San Ramon and had a great interview. We generally agreed on employment after the first meeting. Since a management position was also being considered I had a follow up phone interview the next week with a member of the management team in Irvine which did not go great for a number of reasons including the unexpected passing of my father-in-law the day before the interview.
    Ultimately I acepted a position as an AE after my follow up interview with the local management team in San Ramon. They have their candidates complete and deliver a short presentation regarding why they should be hired.

Interview Questions

• For the AE Position: The "why I should be hired" was somewhat unexpected but not difficult or uncomfortable. It was similar to what I would do in my role as an AE.
      For the Manager position: What do I feel is the most effective style of management? (open ended question)
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation