Toshiba Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toshiba Interview Questions

Interviews at Toshiba

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Toshiba in November 2013.

Interview

I talk with the HR in university career fair last year, and they give me a call after that told me to have an onsite interview. The interview was about motor control and the corresponding software skills of motor control and power electronics. It's very hard for a student cause it need at least 5 years experience. And, I think Toshiba is a very bad company, because they told me they will cover the trip cost of the onsite interview, I paid everything but they never contact with you again, and no email replies.

Interview Questions

• they need 5 years experience   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toshiba (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Phone interview from a Recruiter. Then an HR interview asking about my background and in-person interview with the Hiring Manager. Called back the next day, and interviewed with the HR person who grilled me for an hour. The hour long experience was very thorough. Finally, that day I had an interview with the Hiring Manager who asked me three questions. The next day, I got invited back for an interview with the Director who was really great to talk to. I was hired the same day.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you have had with a user, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toshiba (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through the website and spoke with HR. They called back a week later and interviewed me the next day. They took about a week to let me know that I was accepted. The interview was with two HR people and three of the engineering managers.

Interview Questions

• Take about a time you faced a challenge.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Toshiba (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I was escorted into a conference room and several executive employees and hiring managers came in to ask me questions one after another. The Human Resource representative was very kind and welcoming when I arrived. The whole process took about 3-4 hours.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Toshiba (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

It took them ages to contact me back but in the end i got the job

Interview Questions

• Name a situtation when it was hard to work with your teammate   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toshiba in June 2012.

Interview

The initial interview process was very simple. Just send in a resume and email stating that I was interested in the position and then had an interview. I spoke with four different people including and Human resources person, customer service, an application engineer and a training engineer. Very simple questions. They seemed to just be interested in getting to know me more than anything else.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toshiba in November 2012.

Interview

I was put in touch with the Director of Sales via an industry recruiter. We met on a Friday afternoon in San Ramon and had a great interview. We generally agreed on employment after the first meeting. Since a management position was also being considered I had a follow up phone interview the next week with a member of the management team in Irvine which did not go great for a number of reasons including the unexpected passing of my father-in-law the day before the interview.
    Ultimately I acepted a position as an AE after my follow up interview with the local management team in San Ramon. They have their candidates complete and deliver a short presentation regarding why they should be hired.

Interview Questions

• For the AE Position: The "why I should be hired" was somewhat unexpected but not difficult or uncomfortable. It was similar to what I would do in my role as an AE.
      For the Manager position: What do I feel is the most effective style of management? (open ended question)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Toshiba (Albany, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Several phone interviews, very drawn out. Working at Toshiba has been fine, the sales process is long and it has been frustrating dealing with customers at times but the schedule is great and it is very good experience. Especially in sales.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toshiba (San Diego, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I met with the Director/Manager of the TEC division in RB and was given a clear, concise outline of what my job duties would be and what would be expected from me. He was very professional but friendly and helped me make me feel welcome and at ease during the interview. I immediately knew that I wanted to work with him and his team.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to self motivate throughout the day?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toshiba (Raleigh, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Conference call phone interview with 2+ interviewers. The interviewers ask questions related to the usage of the software which I had worked on, such as how many users, how it is deployed on what server set up. These are irrelevant questions to my job since in Agile settings we as developers receive the requirements not always related to the entire usage of the software, nor do we care how it is deployed where.