Totokaelo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Totokaelo Interview Questions

Interviews at Totokaelo

2.6

Inventory Control Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Totokaelo in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume for open position that they were actively hiring for, and about a month later, received an email from the assistant to the CEO requesting an interview. I was asked some great questions, and the gentleman I spoke with was friendly and easy to speak with. Was even given a tour of the facility. Interview went well, and was told that I was "exactly what they were looking for." Interviewer needed the weekend to speak with the CEO (who was sitting outside the office I was interviewed in and declined to meet me/ask me any questions/participate at all) before making a decision and I would hear back the following Monday. I reached out to my interviewer by Wednesday of the following week, and received no response. Reached out a last time Friday of the following week, still no response. I found it highly unprofessional to take part in a one-on-one interview and then be completely stonewalled with no explanation or, at the very least, an email declining to move any further in the process, especially after reaching out to the interviewer multiple times.

Interview Questions

• (after having their current receiving process explained to me) How would you change our current receiving process to make it more efficient/accurate?   Answer Question

Totokaelo Response

Nov 22, 2014 – Sr. Director of Merchandising

We are sorry to hear of your experience. We take this feedback seriously, and will reemphasize with our hiring team the importance of prompt responses.

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Totokaelo (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

The overall interview process was pleasant and great, it was nice to meet the team and the Hr Manager, Andrea was amazing. However, the process took over 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Totokaelo? What do you know about us?   Answer Question

Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Totokaelo (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Met with the Planning Manager for my first interview. He conducted a very laid-back interview and had a genuine interest for the candidate's job history. The office had an entrepreneurial, start-up type of feel.

Conducted a phone interview with the HR Generalist afterwards. I felt the same enthusiasm from her that I felt from the MP Manager. Both interviews each had some sort of question that dug into who the candidate was as a person, which can throw you off if you're used to surface-level interviews.

The company was hiring for multiple roles at one time, with the HR Generalist handling much of the process. One of those roles was an Office Manager, whose partial responsibility was the onboarding of new candidates. The length of time of the process was most likely due to the growth they were seeing at the time, and trying to interview many candidates for multiple roles opening up in the same period of time.

MBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Totokaelo (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I echo the experience of another interviewee. The company showed a complete lack of professionalism during the interview process. It was astounding. Had a phone interview on a Friday and was explicitly told that interviewer would respond early the following week about next steps. Three weeks and two follow up emails later, there was still no response or update, or any indication that they were still deliberating.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are the challenges of luxury e-commerce?   Answer Question

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Totokaelo (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was thorough; it consisted of a 45-minute phone conversation, an online IQ/Personality Test, and two in-person interviews with 5 different team members. I enjoyed the process, and had pleasant and interesting conversations with all of the team members, however, I was very disappointed with the lack of follow-up to advise that they had extended an offer to a different candidate. I think anyone who goes through 4 steps of the hiring process deserves a personalized rejection email or call, as a courtesy.

Interview Questions

• As a NY-based employee, how will you manage a retail team based in Seattle?   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Totokaelo (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Very brief sales questions with some upper management in their studio. Very easy. They also talked about their stores plans and its opening--and the location of the store and its press. They showed me their plans and seemed very interested so getting the gig wasn't a surprise

Interview Questions

• Describe good sales?
      What makes you a good sales person?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Totokaelo in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy for me. In the initial stages were prompt and cordial. Had both a first (telephone) interview and a one on one second interview. Both of the interviews went well. It was the lack and delay of response and when I did get a response after doing a second followup via email, it was very open-ended which I found suspect. The interviewer thanked me for reaching out and then told me that the hiring process was passed off to another person (which the interviewer did not give a direct contact in order for me to follow up - red flag) and the fact that I the interviewer was leaving the company despite their short time there.....another major red flag and said that the believed they went with someone else....too vague and not a good sign. I asked another person via email if they knew the direct contact to who I could follow up with and did not receive a response. That showed a severe lack of communication on the their part and they really left me in the dark about their "decision" as to the status. In the end, they did me a favor. One of my pet peeves is lack of communication and I would not want to work for a company that operated in that fashion. I feel sorry for the person who they did hire for the position.....I'm glad i'm not in their shoes right now. Lovely store....love the concept. They need to be better about communication.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous experience with my recent employer and how it would tie in to the Supply Chain Assistant role.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Totokaelo (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

Manipulative

Negotiation

Over Email

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Totokaelo (Seattle, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

resume and cover letter to website, interview with management, interview with owner.

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Totokaelo (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then met the CEO, or if you can call her that. She's a joke. Just because she is a "CEO", doesn't mean she should be. She had such lack of knowledge of what the company is looking for, she asked me to send her information on how to put a shoot together. I'm sure it's so she can hire someone else asking for less money to do a job I had been doing for a LONG time. So sad, so sick.