ToutApp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ToutApp

2.8

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ToutApp (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was not organized and the interviewees were not prepared with the questions. They invited me in person very fast. Seemed like they did not have a good pre-selection process. I was actually invited twice to come on site and they did not recognize me as the same candidate. The process and the team is very sad.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ToutApp in April 2016.

Interview

I recently had a telephonic screening with them for Senior QA. The screening was scheduled for 30 minutes, of those 30 minutes, 10 minutes were spent on mutual introduction and knowing more about the work and job profile. The interviewer mentioned that currently more than 50% of the work is manual qa and they are planning to move to as much automation as possible. Well and cool so far.
    Then comes the surprise in remaining 15-20 minutes I was asked to write a piece of code in google doc, which is basically finding the longest palindrome in a string. That's not a straightforward algorithm if someone has not practised that in the past. Usually you expect in google or amazon such questions for DEV positions, but I thought I was not interviewing for google or amazon.
    I started working on the problem, with interviewer in background explaining me on how he would approach the problem. I did write a piece of code, but was not complete. As soon as 15 minutes passed by, the interviewer started pressing that i have to complete in 5 minutes as he has to hung up. Well I have practised few string algorithms in the past, but this was not one of those. Basically the problem with these startups, they are not in real world and behave as if they are going to create new set of human race or find water in Sun. How can a judge someone in 15 minutes with something which has no connection to real world problems. I have automation experience of 10+ years and worked in various distributed systems, don't recollect if finding the longest length palindrome was ever required. Come to real world, startup.

Senior Software Engineer (Ruby On Rails) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ToutApp (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It starts with a standard HR interview (30 mins on the phone). Then a coding challenge through codility.com which included 3 questions in 90 minutes. First two questions were algorithms, processing arrays, the last question was a SQL select question. Finally an on site interview which included three rounds of interviews. The first was with two engineers where we designed the database and overall architecture of a URL shortening application. The second was a Rails application with failing tests that needed to be fixed. The third was more of a cultural fit with a manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them about a set of code I had written that I was proud of. After that they asked me to describe the architecture of some code I designed and then how I would design it differently if I were to do it again and why.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ToutApp (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

A recruiter had reached out to me via LinkedIn. We were able to set up a time to have the initial phone call and I was blown away at how unprofessional she was. It felt like I was on a prank show. She was rifling through papers, asking me random questions. She was confused by my resume, asking me to explain which positions were held when. There are dates next to all my positions, and it's in reverse-chronological order... as with the majority of resumes in the world. She repeated questions several times and just sounded in a hurry and very confused. There might haver a been a slight language barrier, but that's not an excuse to be unprofessional. She eventually got huffy and puffy confused, and decided to end the call abruptly. I had never spoken to such an aggressive, unprofessional recruiter in my life. I looked for an HR email alias for ToutApp to file a complaint so this person can't behave the same way to someone else, but couldn't find a contact. ToutApp, if you're reading this, you should evaluate this recruiter as they are the face of your company. Looking back, I am deeply grateful I wasn't hired to work at your company.

Interview Questions

• Wait, so you were holding all of these positions at once? I do not understand.   1 Answer
    • Wait, so you started out as a success manager there? Hold on, I don't understand... Which position was first?   Answer Question

ToutApp Response

Nov 25, 2015 – Happiness Officer

I thank you for this candid feedback. We take all reviews seriously and I welcome the opportunity to talk over the phone about this experience so we can learn from this. Would you mind sending some times that you are free to speak to brooke@toutapp.com. Thank you again. Talk soon.

Mid-Market AE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ToutApp (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me through LinkedIn and we hoped on an initial screen to talk about this position. I am not yet ready to make a move but overall the recruiter was extremely informative, positive and gave me a good understanding of what this role would entail. I felt that this recruiter knew more than most recruiters I have spoken to and was really able to dive deep into the day to day of this role.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ToutApp (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was denied a basic phone interview with the hiring manager because of some newly minted 22 year old graduate said I was 'too descriptive' and 'long winded' while explaining my sales process.
    Excuse me for answering your question and for your Millennial mentality where you don't have the attention span to actually understand the sales process of a senior executive who regularly crushes targets. My advice to the CEO and senior management- I would rethink having someone so junior making decisions on candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe for me your sales process   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ToutApp in November 2015.

Interview

I was referred to by an external recruiter who then referred me to the internal recruiter at ToutApp. The phone screen was by Brooke, who by the way was really nice and open. She asked your typical phone screen questions (what do you know, why us, what are you doing, etc). She also followed up when she said and was very responsive via email.

Next came the in person interview. I Bart'd down to the Embarcadero, crossed the street and I was there. I went through the front of the building and the security was relaxed. As I exited the elevator, I could hear music coming in from the front entrance. This is definitely not your typical office music but it represented a more relaxed feel. I walked in, sat down and was then asked by an employee if I needed help. I let him know I was here for an interview. He directed me to sign in and a few short minutes later, Brooke introduced herself and walked me to the interview room.

BOOM: here comes the interviewers! I didn't know it would be a group interview, which surprised me but I still felt comfortable. Two people interviewed me first for about 30 minutes, followed by another pair for another 30 minutes. It was a mix of questions and felt like they were feeling me out (verbally, not physically!). The vibe coming from everyone felt really good.

After the interviews, I went home happy and confident. The next day or two, I received a call/email (can't remember) about a second interview.

The second interview came and I interviewed with the Manager and the VP of the department. Both were pleasant and were very real/down to earth about the role and company. We went through very similar questions that the previous pairs had asked me. I answered truthfully and opened up to them. To add, we actually had more of a conversation than interview.

I felt it went well and left happy knowing that if I didn't receive an offer, it was a great experience and this is the feel of a company I should look for when looking for new opportunities.

Brooke followed up with me the next day to see how it went. The Manager also asked me to take a quiz for them via email the same day. I submitted it a few hours later and then a few days later, I was offered the position by the Manager.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current place?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are your goals?   1 Answer
    • What is your role like? What do you do at your current company?   1 Answer
    • Not a question but they interviewers definitely checked to see if you could mesh well with the culture.   Answer Question

Market Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ToutApp (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight-forward and an extremely positive experience. I was introduced through a recruiter -- first round was in-person with the Sales Director, final round was with four members of the team. Everyone I met with was friendly, driven, and genuinely passionate about Tout -- exactly what I was looking for.

SDR Interview

Application

I interviewed at ToutApp in October 2015.

Interview

A headhunter emails you and takes a couple of days. Brooke will call you on the scheduled date. Brooke seems nice but... you can tell when someone doesn't want to hire you. From the first minute, she sounded indifferent. Also, she was super short about toutapp.

Wish they had a different person interviewing. She needs more experience or empathy 101. I was warned by another applicant about her.... I had to learn the hard way. These reviews should be more transparent about their recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself.
      Why Toutapp?
      How did you hear about us?
      How does your experience lend yourself to this role?   Answer Question

ToutApp Response

Mar 10, 2016 – Happiness Officer

Thank you for the candid feedback. I really appreciate your transparency. As I am always looking for areas of improvement in the interview process and how I can personally improve, would you be open to chatting live about this? My direct email is brooke@toutapp.com. I would love to talk further about this and understand where I can improve in the process. Thanks again and I hope to hear from you!

SDR Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ToutApp in September 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee to interview at Tout. First step was a call with the internal recruiter followed by meeting my direct manager on-site. After completing an e-mail exercise I was invited back to meet multiple members of the team asking about my prior experience and what I was looking for in my next company. Last round was meeting with the CEO before getting my offer. Really straight-forward and transparent interview experience -- reflective of what it is actually like to work here.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Sales? Describe a time you took initiative to go above and beyond basic responsibilities.   Answer Question