Town East Ford Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Town East Ford

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Town East Ford (Mesquite, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

given a couple of test, no big deal, one is like a wonderlic.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Town East Ford (Mesquite, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Very informative, knowledgeable, very calm and laid back. I wasn't nervous at all, and I noticed all the employees with smiles on their faces, happy to be at work. The process was very short and I received a response very quickly and timely.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about talking to people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Town East Ford (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I was called by the recruitment manager for an interview 2 weeks after I applied. Once I arrived at the interview, I filled out a full application handed to me by the receptionist. Then the RM review my resume with me and said he did't have any Service Advisor Positions available anymore but that he wanted to offer me a porter position starting at $10/hr. Whole thing was a waste of my morning(a porter is the kid who goes out and greets the customers). He then explained that a porter was a step before becoming a service advisor, and that that position would get me the experience I need to be a Service advisor. As a guy who has 4+ years of automotive experience(currently employed as a mechanic and service advisor) and an associates degree in Automotive Technology, I can assure you greeting customers for a period of time will not give you the experience you need to become a service advisor. It might give you customer service skills, but you won't know what the heck you're talking about. In any case, if you are going to apply for a advisor position here, make sure they actually have a spot available, and also have 10+ years of experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to start at the bottom?   3 Answers

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Town East Ford (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Extensive personality questions/tests. Anyone can sell cars, but it takes a certain type of person to really excel! Only a certain type of guy can be considered a “car guy” honestly. I talked to about 7 it 8 different sale people and managers before being put through to the owner and he ok’d me. THEN AFTER speaking with the owner I talked with the General Sales Manger because he had to okay me as well. It was extensive, but I think it was worth it. They also prepared me a lot for the job, and I didn’t believe them about how hard it would be until about my 3rd month into the business.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you’d be good for this job?   1 Answer

Salesperson Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Town East Ford in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position that was posted on a job search sight so I applied. I received a call from Mr. Kevin Miner the following day to schedule an interview for 9 am the following day. I arrived at the dealership and was greeted by the receptionist. She informed me that Kevin was in a meeting.I was 30 minutes early so it perfectly understandable. She asked me to fill out the usual application for employment. Kevin then greeted me promptly and brought me back to his office. The conversation was casual and it wasn't the interrogation interviews you normally go through. Simple questions tell me about yourself, past jobs, ect. Then he explained the way the dealership worked. Also the pay and hours where discussed. I agreed that I was still interested in the position. I met with a couple of management to get a feel for me as a person and I was asked to come back to meet with the General Manager. I met with quite a few employees Internet director ASM SM. All were very laid back and easy to speak to. I met the General Manager and did my interview. He gave me the green light so I did my drug screening and background check. Kevin called me a couple days later and told me to come in the next day. Overall great process and a very easy interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiations is when they tell you the pay scale and hours. You can either take it or not. This isn't a career for everyone. You can not come here to just make a check. You must have certain characteristics to succeed. Do not waste your time if your just looking to ride a clock and cash a check.

Town East Ford Response

Feb 29, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share. Car sales is not for everyone but it is a job where you can make unlimited earnmings. The only thing holding you back is you.

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Town East Ford (Mesquite, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Must meet with hiring manager and must complete background and drug screening

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great pay plan! everything is upfront and in black and white!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Town East Ford (Mesquite, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

It felt like a cattle call, met with several people in one day. Met with one person, went back out to the waiting area, then would get called back for the next round.

Interview Questions

It wasn't the right fit.

Town East Ford Response

Apr 4, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience. We do multiple interviews so that we can make sure we hire the right people. The hours can be tough for some so that's why we would ask that. We wish you the best.... More

Anonymous Employee in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Town East Ford (Mesquite, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Go in and talk with hiring manager. If he likes you then you get to talk to department manager. If he likes you then you get the job. You might get to meet the GM.