Townsquare Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Townsquare Media Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2017

2.2

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Townsquare Media in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume, air checks, writing samples, and a video introduction. 3 interviews total. Should've had a 4th interview and waited over a month for that last interview. I then got a call that told me they went with someone else. That someone was already working for another station in the building. I guess they were full of it when they said they prefer to hire from the outside.

Interview Questions

• Q: What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Digital Managing Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Townsquare Media.

Interview

I can understand it taking weeks for the interview, but there was a lack of communication from there at times. With my interview, I had to speak to someone from their main headquarters and I did the writing tests. But after the entire interview process, I was told that the position that I applied for had been eliminated. WTF?

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have with digital media?   Answer Question

Digital Managing Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Townsquare Media (Portsmouth, NH) in October 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, did two separate editing tests, and never heard back about the job.

I was asked to complete the following editing test within 24 hours, which I completed, despite having a full time job and my mother being admitted to the hospital the day prior:

1. Pick one local website of our sites in Portsmouth and give an editorial critique of the content on the site. Focus on the content specifically, particularly the articles and blog posts, and not on the overall structure or design of the site. What content is working and what specific elements of the content should be improved? Please be as specific and direct as possible.

2. Imagining yourself as the Digital Managing Editor of one of the Portsmouth sites, give a list of 10 article topics that the site should be covering today (the day you respond to this), with the web headline you would use for each, specifically keeping in mind "clickiness" and SEO.

3. Choose two of those topics and actually write and produce the articles as you think they should appear on the website, with proper web headline, credits, hyperlinks, embedded multimedia, etc. as appropriate.

Then I was asked to do this timed editing task "live", which the facilitator was late on sending me:

4. Edit and punch up two articles which I will provide – add voice, tone, proper web headlines and a find a way to include the audience in the discussion. Need to turn these around in 30-45 mins – I will send them to you whenever you are ready, just let me know when you want to do it.

After completing everything, I never heard back about the job.

GSM Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Townsquare Media.

Interview

More of them selling me versus interviewing me.
    Alot of empty promises. Contact changed after accepted. Unethical process.
    Three phone interviews, followed by two in person interviews.
    Simple procedure but not worth the change.
    Did not receive what was contacted once employment was accepted.

Promotions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Townsquare Media.

Interview

Very easy interview with a really friendly rep. Mostly behavioral questions and questions about your knowledge of the digital landscape, radio industry, music industry. Took about two weeks from first contact to interview to offer.

Digital Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Townsquare Media (Poughkeepsie, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional experience. The manager prepared questions, and only seemed interested in hearing himself speak. Kept saying "yeah, yeah" whenever I attempted to explain something or make a point. The worst part, however, were the interruptions. Twice during the interview, the manager allowed people to enter his office and had conversations with them while I sat there and waited for them to finish for matters that didn't appear urgent. Looking back, I wish I stoop up and walked out then. It was very insulting.

Interview Questions

Townsquare Media Response

May 16, 2016 – Human Resources

Your feedback has been brought to the attention of the Market President and we will have Interviewing Skills training in the near future to make sure this doesn't happen again. Thank you for your... More

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Townsquare Media in April 2016.

Interview

Terrible. I wouldn't even call it an interview process. It was just a sit-down time with the market president who made up a bunch of lies about what the job was like and what I would be doing.

Sales Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Townsquare Media in January 2016.

Interview

nice informative rep ! ! Mostly behavioral questions and questions about your knowledge of the digital landscape, radio industry, music industry. Took about three weeks until someone contacted me for an interview.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Townsquare Media (Poughkeepsie, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job at my school's career fair. They called me back for an interview that was done in a group setting. Two other people and myself were asked the same questions together.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Townsquare Media.

Interview

The interview on the local level was comfortable, casual, and friendly. I didn't feel pressure. I was offered the position by the local GM, however the process had to be ran up the flag pole to corporate executives and approved. This process took weeks and weeks until I finally received an official "offer letter".