Toxikon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toxikon Interview Questions

2.5

Surgical Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toxikon in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through the website and several weeks later received an invitiation to interview on-site. They asked that I complete a "behavioral" screening test online beforehand, which took about an hour, and complete some paperwork.
    During the interview it became clear another available position would be a better fit for me so I was geared toward that job (general research associate) instead. I was asked to sit in an empty conference room and wait for various people to stop by and talk to me turn by turn. Five or six people from the company each sat down with me one-on-one for fifteen minutes and told me about their role and about the firm. The last person I saw was the HR manager who was the most informative and helpful, and very straightforward about company culture, work schedule expectation etc. Overall the process took almost 2 hours which was more than I had planned for. I received an offer 10 days later asking me to start asap. I was underqualified for the advertised position but they seemed to be mass-hiring.

Study Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toxikon (Bedford, MA).

Interview

The interview was in 2 steps: first an online test and after I talked to several people. The process was around 3 hours. It was somewhat difficult, with a lot of challenging questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with the deadlines?   2 Answers

Director of Sales and Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toxikon.

Interview

First a phone call followed by an email requesting an on site interview in Bedford. I was then told to take an online "personality test" for one hour. After taking this the HR person cancelled the interview literally the day before the on site interview with no explanation but one line. When asked reason this was provided: "At this time we do not plan on rescheduling your interview." No other explanation.

Sounds a bit fishy and unprofessional to me. Perhaps an unstable place to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toxikon (Bedford, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interviewers were nice but the process was unorganized. Did not even get to finish the interview because the VP got called into the conference. Overall, the people seems nice.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toxikon (Bedford, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview with Manager and HR...very basic questions. Took an online assessment test a few days later and then received an email asking me to fly out to their Bedford, MA office. The in person interview seemed very disorganized, but met with a number of senior management staff...took about 3 hours. Two people actually said that they received my CV 5 minutes before they came in to talk to me, so they did not have a chance to review it. At the end it was like....."OK, I'm the last person and we will be in touch." During my interview, it was mentioned that my salary requirements were much higher than they pay...they knew what it was before I even flew out to MA. For me, it was a complete waste of time! I still have not received my full travel reimbursement. They do not reimburse you for meals when you travel...seems like a cheap company!

Interview Questions

• Do you already have a Rolodex of clients?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toxikon (Bedford, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

It's a long process interviewed by many people. It took about 2 hours for the process to finish. I had to wait for few minutes initially before I had to face the interviewers in the conference room. Asked questions regarding the job, company, introduced themselves, talked about their role in the company and how the company can help me grow my career.

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toxikon (Bedford, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with 3 different managers as well as the HR. Each manager provided an in-depth explanation of what the position has to offer as well as what exactly are you expected to do i.e GLP, SOP, working with animals. Overall experience was decent!

Interview Questions

• How would your best friend describe you?
      What are your favorite classes and how would they relate?
      Are you comfortable working with animals?
      Answer Question

Laboratory Position In the 1980s Interview

Interview

Although my interview was just a few years into my career during the 1980’s, I believe it is still pertinent today.

In short, in my opinion, I had a very uncomfortable and unprofessional 1:1 interview experience that was easily the worst interview experience of my career, beating out one or two other experiences in my career that would qualify as a worst experience for most other people.

Most of the Glassdoor company reviews I am reading today and the overall star rating are relatively negative. The themes of the negative comments and observations I am reading today are very consistent with my impressions of Toxikon immediately after that interview in the 1980’s.

For what it is worth, a month after that interview, I started a 13 year stint with a new employer, including my first real overnight business trip for an internal technical conference during my first week of employment and 3 promotions over that 13 year time period. Although my new employer wasn’t perfect (what company is), given my impressions of Toxikon back then and what I read today, I feel extremely fortunate my interview with Toxikon all those years ago didn’t work out.

Interview Questions

• Prefer not to elaborate; My opinion in the "Describe the Interview Process" Section can speak for itself.   Answer Question

Analytical Chemistry Laboratory Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toxikon (Bedford, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with many people including the supervisor who I would report to, co-workers, vice president and president of the company. More technical questions than behavioral questions. It was a long interview process, approximately 3 hours, and the hiring manager was never revealed to me so I think it was a joint decision between the supervisor and president. I was also given a tour of the facility which was very helpful to me in determining if I wanted to work there or not.

Interview Questions

• How would I supervise people that have more knowledge/experience than me?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

Such cheaters. They called me twice and interviewed me and both times told me that I got the job but never called me to finalize. They check current references and then never send you an offer letter.

They play games and waste your time. Do not spend time to interview with these people.

Interview Questions

• Nothing like that,seems to me they are try to pass time.   Answer Question

I was forced because they told me they will match the salary but didn't. HR told me they will call me back and they didn't.