Toxikon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Toxikon

2.4

Sort:

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toxikon in June 2017.

Interview

First, the interviewee was a half hour late to the interview. Then, without my knowledge decided to bring in three or four more people separately to talk to me about an entry level lab assistant position. The HR department is the worst I've seen, didn't return emails or calls even before the interview.

Interview Questions

• When working in a group, have you ever experienced a problem with group members and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toxikon (Bedford, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

I first spoke with the lab coordinator, who asked me some basic questions about my experience and your general interview questions. Then I spoke with a manager who told me more about the processes involved in the job, lastly I spoke with HR who asked me about other pending offers I may be waiting on.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class?
      What are your long term goals?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

Such cheaters. They called me twice and interviewed me and both times told me that I got the job but never called me to finalize. They check current references and then never send you an offer letter.

They play games and waste your time. Do not spend time to interview with these people.

Interview Questions

• Nothing like that,seems to me they are try to pass time.   Answer Question

I was forced because they told me they will match the salary but didn't. HR told me they will call me back and they didn't.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toxikon (Bedford, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview with Manager and HR...very basic questions. Took an online assessment test a few days later and then received an email asking me to fly out to their Bedford, MA office. The in person interview seemed very disorganized, but met with a number of senior management staff...took about 3 hours. Two people actually said that they received my CV 5 minutes before they came in to talk to me, so they did not have a chance to review it. At the end it was like....."OK, I'm the last person and we will be in touch." During my interview, it was mentioned that my salary requirements were much higher than they pay...they knew what it was before I even flew out to MA. For me, it was a complete waste of time! I still have not received my full travel reimbursement. They do not reimburse you for meals when you travel...seems like a cheap company!

Interview Questions

• Do you already have a Rolodex of clients?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toxikon (Bedford, MA).

Interview

Emailed resume after responding to a Craigslist ad. Was emailed by HR the next day. Had to take an online personality test and was asked for an in person interview the next week. Met with all of the department heads and CEO. Was not asked many questions, was just asked if I have objections working with animals, as if they were trying to prevent a PETA operative from working there. Was given an offer within a week. No room for negotiations. Their eagerness should have been a warning sign, but I was desperate.

Interview Questions

• Can you come to work by 8 AM? (Seriously)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations allowed.

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toxikon (Bedford, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

Had interview with 7-8 people (one after the other), 3 VPS, and the rest various managers. 30-45 minutes each, mostly they asked questions specific to skills listed in the resume (depth of knowledge about certain specialties). HR had more generic questions (strengths, weaknesses, what you'll do in 5 yrs), but the hiring decision comes from higher up, so don't sweat much what you say to HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation in salary or benefits (take it or leave it). My advice: take it for now, look for a new job in a year.

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Toxikon (Bedford, MA).

Interview

The interview was in 2 steps: first an online test and after I talked to several people. The process was around 3 hours. It was somewhat difficult, with a lot of challenging questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with the deadlines?   2 Answers

QA Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toxikon (Bedford, MA).

Interview

Met with 3 people, and talked about resume and past experiences

Director of Sales and Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toxikon.

Interview

First a phone call followed by an email requesting an on site interview in Bedford. I was then told to take an online "personality test" for one hour. After taking this the HR person cancelled the interview literally the day before the on site interview with no explanation but one line. When asked reason this was provided: "At this time we do not plan on rescheduling your interview." No other explanation.

Sounds a bit fishy and unprofessional to me. Perhaps an unstable place to work.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toxikon (Lexington, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied on line and was offered an interview the day after I applied. They pushed the interview out two weeks because they were on a holiday. In the mean time I filled out a 6 page form, contacted three references, and did 2 hours of online testing that they told me to do before coming to the interview. They sent a one line email the morning of cancelling on me because they had hired a candidate....they hired a candidate while they were on "vacation" . It was a total waste of time.