Toyota Technical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toyota Technical Center Interview Questions

3.5

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Toyota Technical Center.

Interview

The interview process included a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes and a second interview that included a short live assessment testing programming and Japanese proficiency. While this assessment is generally completed in person and on campus, the kind people at Toyota worked with me to instead conduct the assessment live over Skype. Communications were through a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to travel for occasional meetings with the team in LA.   Answer Question

Associate Powertrain Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota Technical Center (Gardena, CA).

Interview

The company goes through 2 interviews. There were three people involved in my interviews including the human resource person and two managers in charge of the two divisions. The whole first interview took 1 hour and the next one took 2 hours. They asked about 5 STAR-type questions and I recommend using your resume items in your responses.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you were in an argument with your teammates and you ended up being wrong. How did you reconcile yourself and how did you learn from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toyota Technical Center (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

I was approached by Toyota to interview with them after they received my resume from my college of engineering. I initially had a phone interview and about 2 days later they scheduled an interview. The initial phone interview consisted of a resume review with some added "STAR" questions that were fairly standard. The second interview was held at the TTC where i met with 3 managers, 1 general manager and an HR representative. All of the managers were mechanical engineers some of them in physical testing and one in simulations. I was asked to do another resume review with a couple of questions asked from them about project i have worked on. I completed a 10 to 15 minute presentation where a couple of questions were asked during with more to follow. The questions were insightful but not too difficult to answer everyone seemed generally interested in the presentation. Following the presentation i was asked some several technical questions that were not too hard. Although i did get confused about one of the questions the interviewers helped with it. Following the questions i was given a 15 to 20 minute tour of the facilities which were new and very nice. The work culture seemed very business oriented with open desks instead of cubicals, which is common in Japanese's workplaces. The people all were very friendly and seemed very knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• A simply supported beam with a center load was drawn and i had to draw the shear and bending moment diagrams.   1 Answer
    • Acceleration curve was drawn and i had to draw the velocity and displacement profiles   1 Answer
    • Had to mesh a part   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

There was an initial interview with the Assistant Manager and a follow up interview with General Manager and Manager.
    Questions were centered around past experience and also included a "what would you do to solve this problem....".
    The proposed problem was an actual task which was then assigned to me after being hired.
    Fair and balanced process and interviewers appreciated my pre-prepared questions to ask them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiating was not required as the initial offer was acceptable.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Toyota Technical Center (Melbourne (Australia)) in June 2012.

Interview

Lengthy process, consisted of face-to-face interviews, group interviews and presentation to a panel. Detailed questions asked regarding knowledge. Presentation was about previous achievements, experience or interests in the engineering field.