Trading Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trading Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.7

C++ Software Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Trading Technologies.

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview by an HR recruiter and a Phone call by an Engineer. The HR department was very responsive and helpful. Engineer was friendly and answered all the questions I had for him

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about data structures, Lists vs. Vectors, Hash-tables vs. Hash-maps - the main differences between them and when they should be used. Asked about TCP and UDP protocols.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trading Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with 3 different teams who interview me. I also was able to talk with the VP of Engineering. Everyone was really nice even though I felt like I was a little less prepared than I hoped. The HR department was very responsive! Needless to say, I got the job as a Software Engineer in QA!

Interview Questions

• Did you work in a team at your current job? What is that experience like?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Trading Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by an in office meeting. Basically had to demonstrate experience in the trading industry, discuss any relevant situations that you would expect to encounter at TT and show a willingness to learn the tech side.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you would deal with a trader that was unable to place an order.   Answer Question

PR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trading Technologies (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

There were several rounds. I had two initial phone interviews followed up by three interviews in house. The leadership team was very sharp and highly engaged with the brand. They sold the company well, asked thoughtful questions and listened closely to my responses.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trading Technologies (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Typical phone screen, asked the usual question for a software engineer.
    Very friendly (I was), during the interview.

Manager seemed preoccupied with his boss asking him for status on some new project. The boss was very upset about something.

I tried to help the manager with giving him hints of what to say, but he didn't listen. Typical.

It was very interesting.

Had another offer.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trading Technologies in April 2014.

Interview

First I filled out online application form. Then 20 minute screening interview over the phone ~3 weeks later. Then there was a final 15 minute technical interview over the phone two days later. Only one problem was asked in the technical interview; I coded a function and the interviewer asked me a few questions about it. I heard back the next day.

Interview Questions

• Code a function that involved traversing a doubly linked binary tree. Any language could be used. Interviewer asked questions about runtime behavior, changing function to save memory.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trading Technologies in March 2014.

Interview

It takes a week from I apply. It is a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Ask do you know a lot about operating system? Do you know what is design pattern?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Trading Technologies (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter after seeing a posting on the website.
    Recruiter brought me in for the initial interview to show me around the offices and initial feel of what to expect out of the job.
    After that interview I had an interview with a manager and two team members. All of the people I interviewed with where friendly and seemed to love there jobs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

DTS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Trading Technologies (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

many calls, emails, interviews with HR, department head, staff, and senior management, total time was about 6 weeks from initial application to final interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non-negotiable.

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trading Technologies (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

They tried to assess my testing skills by going through my past testing history and were pleased with what I had done at a former job. I was comfortable testing trading software since I had a trading history and tested proprietary systems before as well. I think that helped me get the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my programming experience and what languages I was comfortable with   1 Answer