Tradition Financial Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tradition Financial Services

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tradition Financial Services (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter saying i was accepted for the position. No interview process. Submitted a resume and CV and heard back after a month or so. Overall a very easy and relaxing process.

Broker Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tradition Financial Services (Stamford, CT) in February 2011.

Interview

I came into the Stamford Office to interview for the Broker Training Program. I was led by the receptionist into a board room and waited for about 30 minutes. Then was interviewed by 3 employeesm head of trading, head of research, and president. Very laid back, about 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest problem you have encountered and how did you go about solving it?   Answer Question

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tradition Financial Services (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

very friendly, nice staff, very challenging, too busy environment, questions mostly about motivation, did a numerical test, not sure i will get the job though. first an online application, then phone interview, then called me for the test + 3 interviews

Broker Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tradition Financial Services (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied by email, and got an email forming me that I was invited to an interview in two weeks time. I was interviewed by two senior or managers type guys. They asked some normal questions, like what do you know about this company and this position. I felt one of the interviewer liked me but the other one didn't. I was asked if I got other offer why I would chose them, and I didn't performed well at this question. The whole process is easy. I hadn't heard from them since then.

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tradition Financial Services (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1. Applied by sending CV via email, after which you need to fill in an application form.
    2. Telephone Interview a few days after sending the application form.
    3. Invited to the offices to be interviewed by member of HR and various brokers from different desks.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between trading and broking?   Answer Question
    • Why have you chosen broking?   Answer Question
    • Various questions about particular skills and your personality e.g. 5 words that describe you, your role model, experience of teamwork/leadership.   Answer Question
    • What makes you stand out?   Answer Question
    • If you were a derivatives broker, how would you find new clients?   Answer Question

Ops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tradition Financial Services (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Several emails were exchanged between my recruiter, Tradition HR and me before they called me for an interview. I had very strong Linux skills and came from a consultative background, but lacked experience with certain networking gear and financial services - which had been highlighted in those emails. Finally, I was asked to write my motivation for the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a trader came shouting at you since his millions are blocked due to perhaps a systems failure?   Answer Question
    • How would you explain multicast to a noon? (Slightly rephrased)   Answer Question
    • Network fault, routing and diagnostics walkthrough on a whiteboard.   2 Answers

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tradition Financial Services in April 2010.

Interview

After application, I received a mail to fix a time and day for a phone interview.
    The manager was quite nice and friendly, and the interview was conducted both in French and in English.
    First half of the interview was behavioral questions (review of my CV, previous work experience, strenghts and weaknesses) and the second half were technical questions about lots of different asset classes (obligations, forward rates, options strategies and some structured products explanations).

Interview Questions

• Is volatility a good or a bad thing for a range accrual product?   Answer Question