Travel Leaders Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Travel Leaders Group

2.4

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travel Leaders Group (Fargo, ND) in September 2015.

Interview

over promised and wasted time because they were unprepared for the interview. Didn't know when the position was open....Unsure if they were hiring. One on one interview, then a second interview. No benefits.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travel Leaders Group (Washington, DC) in July 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone call. Within 2 days I was invited in for an in-person meeting with the hiring manager in a city 3 hours away. I arranged for the following week. I got to the meeting on time and he was late. Once I got in we started talking. He complained for 30 minutes about the company and his boss - the CEO. He said because this role would work closely with the CEO you needed to be prepared to take a lot of stuff he handed out - including anger and some harsh talk. The CEO was not a nice person and you needed to be prepared. After 1 hour our conversation was over. Before I left he said he wanted me to get to New York to meet the CEO.

Interview Questions

• Why would someone with so much travel experience want to work for a company like Travel Leaders, and could I work for a tough boss who stands over you all the time.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travel Leaders Group (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

Asked to come in for an interview with a panel of three people on a Friday. The interview went well, but it didn’t last for more than maybe 20 minutes? Probably less? They told me they would get back to me before the end of the day Monday because they really wanted to make a quick decision. Monday came and passed, but Tuesday they contacted me and told me they wanted me to come in for a “working interview.” This meant I would work for them for 3-4 hours, paid (!!!), so they could see what kind of a worker I was. I came in Thursday for the working interview and it was over after a little over 3 hours.

The first issue was that 2 out of the 3 people interviewing me were NOT there that day. These two people were essentially my “bosses,” so I was very disappointed that they were not going to see my work ethic or how great of a cultural fit I’d be. It’s fine - I’ll do my best work regardless.

The second issue is that they did NOT make me sign any paperwork, W-2 or whatever, for compensation-sake. This means it would’ve been paid to me under the table. It was only 3ish hours of work, so not that much $$, but still.

The third issue is that it’s been a week since the working interview and I’ve heard nothing. No compensation, no rejection, zip. I don’t care about this position anymore; I just want to be compensated for the work I did. It’s 100% not legal to be promised (in writing) a form of payment, only to be shafted. I’ve emailed them regarding the position and they have not responded back.

If they tell you they want a working interview, know your rights!!! Know that you’re allowed compensation in a timely manner, you’re allowed to meet with your potential bosses, and you’re allowed to be paid legally and fairly.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travel Leaders Group (Alexandria, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at the King Street office in Alexandria, Virginia.

It was not explained to me at any point what kind of work I would be doing in this position. There was no phone screen or phone interview before an in person interview. The job posting was very vague, and I couldn't find any design work from the company anywhere. I applied anyway, and when they emailed me asking me to come in for an interview, I decided to go in.

I was on time, but waited in the lobby for twenty minutes before my interviewer came to get me. I then waited another ten minutes for the head designer to appear. Within five minutes of opening my portfolio, I was told I was too inexperienced for the position.

They do not appear to look over a candidate's portfolio and resume before sending them in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• I think you're a little too green for this position.   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travel Leaders Group (Alexandria, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to set up an interview with the Creative Director and a Senior Designer.

Since I was out of state, we did a Skype interview.

Both interviewers were very professional, but also easy-going. They made me feel comfortable and were both engaging the entire time.
    We talked about my previous experience, what excited me for work and some projects of mine.

To be honest, I wasn't sure if I wanted to work there until the interview. I wasn't sure if the work would be inspiring enough as it's travel based, which I didn't care either way about. It was clear that both interviewers were really passionate about the work, and that they wanted to make cool stuff.

I asked them a few questions and we wrapped the interview.
    I got an offer 5 days later.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to talk about one of my projects that I was proud of.   1 Answer

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travel Leaders Group (Plymouth, MN) in May 2018.

Interview

A month after applying, I got an offer for a Skype interview or an in-person interview. I did the Skype interview with the hiring manager and two other members of the team. The interview was very informal. The interview lasted 30 minutes and I was asked to complete a social media project for the position. After spending several hours on this task and sending it to them, I never got a reply. I reached out several times via email and never heard back.

Travel Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Travel Leaders Group in September 2008.

Interview

Just chatting on what the job was and if I was comfortable with it and had to give him references for him to check if I was a good candidate for him...

Interview Questions

• How would you react if you had a problem with a coworker?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not really, just the starting date as I had to go somewhere on the day he requested

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Travel Leaders Group in September 2009.

Interview

The telephone and one-on-one interviews were more brief than I expected initially. It did not feel stressful or awkward, and the interviewer was organized and had specific scenarios/situations that I needed to respond to (behavioral questions). The office seemed busy, but things also seemed to be working smoothly without a lot of chaos. Dress professionally and show that you can remain calm under certain customer situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee that is consistently late and that consistently has family issues to use as an excuse to be late or leave early?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary and vacation time. I didn't get exactly what I originally asked for, but it came very close, and I was made to feel that the company was excited to have me become part of their team. Research the market and determine what the salary/hourly wage is for the job you apply for, and stick within that range and explain WHY you feel you are worth that value.