Tri-State Generation and Transmission Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tri-State Generation and Transmission Interview Questions

3.2

Senior Compliance Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tri-State Generation and Transmission in May 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews, Two in person interviews, very quick process. Applied online, heard from HR within 2 weeks, then had a series of phone interviews. This is a very specific position so they were looking for key personality traits.

Interview Questions

• Many behavioral questions to see if the culture was right   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tri-State Generation and Transmission (Westminster, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Met with an HR rep and the hiring manager separately. Hiring manager asked all the questions. Fairly laid back atmosphere and interview. The people I spoke with were happy with the company.

Resource Dispatch and Trading Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Tri-State Generation and Transmission (Westminster, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a request for a phone interview about 2 weeks later. Had a decently intensive phone interview that lead to an in person interview. The in person interview lasted approx. 3 hours being interviewed by 6 Tri State employees all at once. Definitely one of the more intensive interviews I have had. They told me I would hear back 2 weeks after my interview. 2 weeks came and went and a week after that, I received a call saying they chose someone else.

Checking online, they reposted the opening for this position after they turned me down. I called, and they said their prospect had chose to work somewhere else, and they still had my files on record if they were to choose me. They didn't call me up again, and a month later they have reposted the opening yet again.

After posting an opening 3+ times for this position, it is apparent Tri State isn't really serious about hiring someone for this role. I know I was qualified for the position and I feel my interview went pretty well, but apparently they wanted someone better.

Interview Questions

• What energy/utility acronyms are you familiar with?
      What was your biggest regret?
      How would you deal with shift work?   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tri-State Generation and Transmission (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Typical interview process started with a phone interview, then moved forward with an in person interview. The process is very standard ensuring that they have a good fit with the potential candidate and the organization.

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tri-State Generation and Transmission (Westminster, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted 2 weeks after applying online. The interview was scheduled a week out. I interviewed with 3 people- HR, Hiring Manager and Employee in Department. They had pre-typed questions and took turns asking. They were basic situational questions and it was very easy to carry on conversation with them.

Interview Questions

• What would your supervisor say you could improve on? What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Interview

Good process, became a permanent employee after 3 months as a temporary employee. The process was quick but I have heard that is not the case anymore. I have since then had other internal interviews and they can vary in difficulty depending on the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they do not negotitate

Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tri-State Generation and Transmission in April 2013.

Interview

Tri-State came to my college to recruit for the rotational program. I started by interviewing at the school with one recruiter. This interview took about 30 minutes and covered questions about my resume and school activities. I was then selected to go to their headquarters in Westminster, CO for second interviews. They must have had a lot of applicants because they were very selective of who got second interviews. I know a few people that had first interviews and I was the only one brought to headquarters for the second. I first interviewed with the manager of the program for about an hour. Then I interviewed with four other employees who were from different departments that I would be in during the rotation. About a week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What activities are you involved in outside of school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the salary was already more than I was expecting.

Environmental Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Tri-State Generation and Transmission (Westminster, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

Three or more months after I applied, I was asked to fill out another application because their online application system had problems, and they also wanted my resume. I sent these items. A few weeks later, I had a brief phone interview with the hiring manager. A couple of weeks later, I was told an in-person panel interview would be scheduled in a couple of weeks. The in-person interview was held a few weeks later. I met with three members of the team and with the HR manager. I was there for more than 90 minutes and was told I would likely receive feedback the next week. Up to this point, the HR manager was friendly and responsive if I had questions. It's been 3.5 weeks since the in-person interview and I haven't heard anything, although I did send a brief follow-up email asking about the status of the position. I assume it went into the black hole (ignored).

After an interview with no offer, I can still be left with a good overall impression of a company, even if the interview process takes as long as this one did at Tri-State. When I hear nothing after an in-person interview, though (which seems to be an increasing trend from my research of this issue online), I am left with a very negative impression of the company and will never apply again.

Scrubber Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Craig, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tri-State Generation and Transmission (Craig, CO) in March 2012.

Interview

There were 4 people there. We sat around a table and they asked me the normal situational questions.They then sent me to a room to answer some questions in essay form. I remember they asked what a parallax line was in this portion of the interview. I then waited at least 3 weeks to hear back from them. They require basic skills testing prior to being placed on a list, and then they choose people from the list to interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to lift a box of paper off the floor   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tri-State Generation and Transmission in October 2010.

Interview

The process is an interview with the HR recruiter and then an interview with the department manager(s). There is background check and drug and alcohol screen. Expect the process to take a couple hours. The questions follow the job description.

Interview Questions

• No surprise questions. Relate your work experience to the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating salary or flex schedule. .