TrialPay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TrialPay Interview Questions

Interviews at TrialPay

Sort:

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TrialPay in July 2016.

Interview

First I was contacted by a third party recruiter who put me in touch with the hiring manager. Took hackerrank test, passed test, and then had phone interview with a product manager. After phone interview they told me they would take a closer look at my code from hackerrank and experience, and then got rejected. Both the recruiter and product manager I spoke to were really nice.

Interview Questions

• typical hackerrank, then talk about experience and projects on the phone   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TrialPay in January 2013.

Interview

Overall a great experience, I blew it by my own mistakes and rushing through the coding section of the interview. I was initially contacted by a recruiter and invited to interview at a time comfortable to me and was kept in good contact throughout the entire process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TrialPay (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

1 phone interview with the recruiter for cultural fit. 1 technical phone screen with an engineer. 1 on-site visit (4 technical interviews, lunch break, and coffee break).

Interview Questions

• Given a dictionary of terms ('m' total terms with an average length of 'k'), and a large string (without any whitespace and of length 'n'), create an algorithm that finds when the terms in the dictionary are substrings within the large string such that (1) you can only visit/consider each character in the large string once, (2) 'n' is so large that you do not have the space to create any data structures based off the large string   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TrialPay (San Jose, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Met them in career fair and next day they called me for interview. The interview was for 30mins and they asked me to write an algorithm for missing elements in string. I wrote it, but they asked running time of this algorithm. I told n^2 then they ask me to optimize it to n. I did to some extent but dint do it fully. 1 month passed after that. still dint hear back from them. Guess they rejected me.

Interview Questions

• Find the missing element in a string   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TrialPay in May 2013.

Interview

Finished a couple of technical questions before phone interview. A phone interview was arranged then. After the phone interview, it's an onsite 1:1 interview. My 1st interviewer told me "good luck" and told me stop the interview here after an one-hour design question discussion. Although I felt positive on my performance on this design problem, the interviewer rejected to provide feedback about my answer.

Pros: HR recruiter is very responsive.
    Cons: No feedback.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TrialPay (Mountain View, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Total of 3 interviews: 1 telephonic interview, a code test, and an on-site interview which takes around 4 hours. The first interview was phone screen, just about getting to know you and if you are a potential candidate. Second interview was a code test, and the on-site interview included answering a variety of questions about algorithms and problem solving as well as whiteboard code tests.

Interview Questions

• If you had a file system, how would you program the logic/ algorithm to find a certain file when you have multiple directories and the contents of all the files are unknown.   Answer Question

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at TrialPay.

Interview

Phone Screen, Written Test, In person interview. It is important to understand the business model and have a good idea where TrialPay stands within the space of mobile advertising. Interest in tech as well as desire to learn and work in a constantly changing and stimulating environment a plus!

Interview Questions

• Identify and explain three apps that you think are the most innovating.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation process was very fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TrialPay (Mountain View, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The phone interview was pretty standard. They would discuss the position and go over your resume.

On site interview consisted of interviews with 5 different people in the same position in which you are applying for. They just try to figure out who you are, if they want to work with you. More of personality test than anything. This lasted about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. KNOW THE BUSINESS MODEL and you should be ok. They all ask pretty much the same questions. If they liked your interview they will email you an assignment to work on to see your thought process. If they like that then they bring you in for another 5 interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TrialPay (Mountain View, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

First interview was on campus. Second was on the phone. Third was in the office...1:1 and group panel interviews.

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TrialPay.

Interview

Originally contacted via phone for a phone introduction, then had to complete a comprehensive exercise that was fairly easy, although quite time consuming. Then I was invited in for an interview with 5 Business Development managers. The interview was 3 hours and wasn't necessarily difficult, just very time consuming. Everyone was nice enough (except for one female that interviewed me) although everyone seemed to think they were much more important than they actually are (indicative of the industry really). Overall it was an ok process, I'd suggest the time be cut down dramatically - 3 hours for an entry level job is excessive.