TrialPay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TrialPay Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2017

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TrialPay (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied to trialpay via LinkedIn for a data engineer role.(I thought it was a data engineer which it was not)There were one written online test using Hacker rank then there was a phone screen.After that they call me for 2 rounds of personal interview. The phone screen and written was okay. Initially they told me that there was only one round of technical interviews but due to their mismanagement the person who was suppose to meet me was not even there.(what !) It last for three and half hours. And then they call me again for second set of rounds last for 2 hours. I almost met every person in the team. And then I got to know that there is no data background person in the team. So they were only asking random software engineering question nothing related to the role.
    If you need Software engineer the post the role like that. I can understand that the basic programming is required. There were total 7 rounds and 5 rounds were focused on object oriented design and programming.

Interview Questions

• Write diff tool to compare 2 files.   Answer Question
    • Search words in a huge file of characters.   Answer Question
    • There are multiple files in the directory.Print those files which has same content.Go recusrive and search every path inside the folder. Mutithreading ,Resource management etc.   Answer Question

Full Stack Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TrialPay.

Interview

I applied through website Career section. I got call in 2 weeks. They asked about my resume and past work. aftr that there was technical interview.

Hadoop Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TrialPay (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was quite well formulated. I had an online Hackerrank round where the questions were pretty standard. Then I was invited for a phone call round with one of the engineers. That call lasted for 30 mins and given my prior experience with a similar financial institution, it was revolving around the same lines. Then there was no response for 3 weeks and they got back ages later

Then I had another 2 45 minute phone interview one on SQL and one on Hadoop concepts. Both were easy, but was rejected. One of the poor process with very less communication from the recruiter.

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TrialPay (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It starts off with a Hackerrank test with very easy programming and multiple choice questions. Total 5 questions in my case.

After that I had a 30 mins call with a product manager. It was based on previous job experience and projects and why TrialPay, etc. I made it through this one.

The onsite interview followed. They said it will be around 3 and a half hours long. But after 2 hours of interviewing they said they're looking for someone more experienced and escorted me out. If you're going for this full stack interview make sure you're good at designing the system and the entire stack. There's no way around it. If you can't come up with a satisfactory model and explain it with your background in webapp development, it most probably won't work out. The designing round which I screwed up was followed by a programming round where they asked their favorite duplicate files in a directory question. I think I did well in that one but the damage was already done in the first hour.

I have mixed feelings about their way of interrupting the interview suddenly. But I appreciate the swiftness in the sense that you don't have to keep going if you're not doing well. Both parties save time in the end. But their selection process is flawed if this is happening more often. They probably need to do more rigorous phone interview or something before calling onsite.

Overall a neutral experience. Their recruiter is good and people are really nice. Just need to work on their initial selection process.

Interview Questions

• How would you design an incoming reference based aggregation system for TrialPay back end server so that info about the incoming traffic can be stored and used to improve the system?

Duplicate files in a directory. Files are very large, so can't read the whole file into the memory.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TrialPay (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First round is technical questions which asked me to answers some coding questions online, and then it was a phone interview to learn more about my coding experience and statistics questions

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in Hadoop?   2 Answers

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TrialPay in July 2016.

Interview

First I was contacted by a third party recruiter who put me in touch with the hiring manager. Took hackerrank test, passed test, and then had phone interview with a product manager. After phone interview they told me they would take a closer look at my code from hackerrank and experience, and then got rejected. Both the recruiter and product manager I spoke to were really nice.

Interview Questions

• typical hackerrank, then talk about experience and projects on the phone   Answer Question

Junior Full Stack Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TrialPay (Foster City, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It took more than two months for me to come for on-site. Recruiting process is very haphazard. I was asked to solve questions on hackerrank : 3 algortihm and 1 multiple choice. I successfully completed and next round was technical phone interview. Then onsite 1:1. My 1st interviewer asked me a Data structure question. I was pretty confident about my solution(I discussed and also checked online when I got back home) but he abruptly stopped and asked me to leave saying we are looking for candidates with more experience. If you don't want to hire please tell before hand. Candidates put lot of effort and time and hopes.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that returns a list of all the duplicate files.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TrialPay (Mountain View, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Total of 3 interviews: 1 telephonic interview, a code test, and an on-site interview which takes around 4 hours. The first interview was phone screen, just about getting to know you and if you are a potential candidate. Second interview was a code test, and the on-site interview included answering a variety of questions about algorithms and problem solving as well as whiteboard code tests.

Interview Questions

• If you had a file system, how would you program the logic/ algorithm to find a certain file when you have multiple directories and the contents of all the files are unknown.   Answer Question

UI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TrialPay (Mountain View, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Talked to the recruiter and the first phone interview was set up in a weeks time. It was not an interview at all. When I received the phone call, I was given a test on google doc and and was asked to implement the solution on JSfiddle in one hour. There was no interaction, I was told that I'd be on the call in case I have any questions as I'm working on it. The following was the question.

Interview Questions

• TrialPay provides a unique and engaging type of offer called a "card-linked offer." These offers are targeted to online customers but aim to draw those customers into actual brick-and-mortar stores. If a customer is interested in the offer, he can add the offer to a specific credit card by submitting his card information. The customer will then receive the offered discount or promotion when he shops with that same card in-store.

We would like you to create a webpage in HTML, CSS, and Javascript that will be the landing page for enrollment in such an offer. You will have 55 minutes to complete this task. Here are the relevant details:
      The offer is for $5 off a purchase of $10 or more at Philz Coffee
      The customer needs to submit the following: Credit Card Number, Expiration Date, Telephone Number, Email Address
      Form validation should be done on the Credit Card field and Email Address field
      Customer can submit their info by clicking a Submit button
      On success the page UI should display a success message
      On failure the page should display which form fields failed validation
      Customers will be viewing this offer from a variety of devices

Fully code and design the project using JSfiddle. Here’s the collaboration link: [JSfiddle link]

During the exercise, feel free to treat your interviewer like a Product Manager -- you are welcome to ask questions about the spec or your design while you work. Keeping the spec in mind, please demonstrate as much creativity as you can in the time allotted and strive for the page to be functional.

At the end of 55 minutes, your interviewer will check in with you, and you’ll send over your completed code to be reviewed offline.

That is all, good luck!   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TrialPay.

Interview

Originally contacted via phone for a phone introduction, then had to complete a comprehensive exercise that was fairly easy, although quite time consuming. Then I was invited in for an interview with 5 Business Development managers. The interview was 3 hours and wasn't necessarily difficult, just very time consuming. Everyone was nice enough (except for one female that interviewed me) although everyone seemed to think they were much more important than they actually are (indicative of the industry really). Overall it was an ok process, I'd suggest the time be cut down dramatically - 3 hours for an entry level job is excessive.