Trifacta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Trifacta

2.9

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Trifacta.

Interview

The HR calls me and asks behavioral questions for about 15 minutes. I think the intern prefers the applicants to focus on data science, but I do not have machine learning experience. The general process was smooth and happy, but the only problem is my answer to the question about what do you want to focus on. Maybe he thinks that my projects are too broad and he did not find a focus. I will pay attention in the future.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to focus on in your intern?
      What is your favorite project?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trifacta in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Two phone screens/ online coding with the interviewer (2 questions in each round) and an onsite interview with 4 rounds. The process did not take long. turn around time was pretty quick.

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trifacta (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First it was a phone call with Recruiter. Followed by a phone call with Engineer and VP of the engineering department. Then I was called for onsite interview with 4 1-on-1 interviews each 1 hr.

Interview Questions

• With the recruiter it was about usual HR question. Then technical and behavioral in the second round. And during onsite it was mostly problem determination skills mainly on database and hadoop.   Answer Question

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Trifacta (Remote, OR).

Interview

~1 hour initial phone screening. 3 hours online interviews with tech team (3 people, 1 hour each). Simple coding problems and knowledge questions in phone screen. Online interviews: 2 coding interviews, 1 verbal background-related interview.

Interview Questions

• Simple coding problems and knowledge questions in phone screen. Online interviews: 2 coding interviews, 1 verbal background-related interview.   Answer Question

User Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trifacta (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

friendly interviewers, technical and behavioral questions, responsive recruiter, very quick turnaround for feedback and next steps, quickly got an offer after the final interview, feedback throughout the interviews were telling

Executive Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trifacta (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Trifacta is VERY big on making sure people are the right match for the company. They did an extensive “slate” of interviews, where I met with all of the peers to the role I was applying for, as well as two of the people who would be reporting to me, and the CEO. Lots of personal attention, the meetings took most of the day. Each interviewer seemed to have a set of things they were looking for in the conversations.

Everyone in the process was very smart. They are NOT big ego people, and I would say they are generally a “high EQ” kind of environment. They were all very thoughtful about the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the space?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time in you have done X - tell me what the process was and how you stepped through it   Answer Question

Frontend Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trifacta (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

First phone call was with HR asking a little about my background and talked about the company. Second phone call was with one of the Engineering Director asking more in-depth about my background and my past work, and live online coding question. Invited to an on-site interview with 4 other software engineers (primarily backend folks), VP of Engineering, and Head of HR. Took about a hour each per person. They were pretty accommodating throughout the entire process and everyone was passionate about Trifacta. Definitely a smart bunch.

Interview Questions

• Besides the typical background questions, mostly whiteboarding. They asked an algorithmic question, tracking variables/objects, optimizing data flow between systems/databases, DOM elements creation/updating, and data structures.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trifacta.

Interview

1) Chat with a recruiter about company, culture, etc.
    2) 1 hour phone screen with an engineer- 20 minutes of some basic background questions (“tell me about the stack you used for X project on your interview”) followed by one coding question, finally questions and chat about engineering life. Was pretty straightforward and fun.
    3) Phone convo with eng manager (learned that it was supposed to be another technical screen, but instead was just a cool conversation about Trifacta’s product, long term market strategies, and technology stack.

4)*Not really a screen, but lunch onsite with some engineers!

Overall, really straightforward and fun interview process.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trifacta (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of technique interviews by phone and screen. in two hours The first is hiring manager and the second is a developer. All technique questions without behavior question. Get offer in about one week.

Interview Questions

• Basic algorithm and data structure, like List and Stack. Basic OOP design.   Answer Question

Junior Full Stack Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trifacta in January 2017.

Interview

I got a response back within a few days of my resume, and had the initial phone call asking about my background and experience, and telling me about the company. Then they sent me a small take-home project with a short time limit that was pretty easy. Then I had a phone/technical interview scheduled in the next few days, where they asked very obvious OOP questions. Then they asked me to code an answer to a standard algorithm / data structure type question and I got a little nervous and goofed up a little - although still managed to work it out in the end. I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Create a singly linked list data structure and reverse it in place   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a Class and an Object   Answer Question