Trindent Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Trindent Consulting

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trindent Consulting (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Screening call with the CEO
    Case interview with employee

Day long interview including a series of case based interviews including timed work sample, fit interview, psychometric testing, resume recall,

Quite stringent approach, process designed to add pressure - whole day was over 6 hours - to see how you maintain composure as you work through the day.

Never heard back from the company either way - believe it was poor form.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trindent Consulting (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with an engagement manager who I would describe as: arrogant, condescending, and a show off. Just speaking with him was a huge turn off for me and I did not see myself wanting to be on his team. I was told by HR that I would be given a case but I wasn't and instead just asked very basic questions (why Trindent/consulting, background, etc.).

The engagement manager consistently talked in a condescending tone. Near the end, he bragged about his vacations and the hotels he has stayed in. I don't pretend to be impressed by this stuff so I naturally didn't have good chemistry with the interviewer. He didn't end up recommending me to the next round but it was no surprise.

One of the strange things the engagement manager said was that his team had been looking for a new consultant for a while but they never seem to find the right candidate. I wonder why? Could it be that the engagement manager turns people off and away from this firm? Sometimes the problem is not everyone else but it actually may just be you.

Pros:
    - Competitive base salary
    - Travel opportunities

Cons:
    - It's a no-name firm
    - Boutique structure

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trindent Consulting.

Interview

It was a phone interview. It took about 30 mins. Asked standard questions about my resume, general background, and general questions about Excel, computer experience and ability. It was a little difficult to hear the interviewer.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Trindent Consulting.

Interview

I went through 2 steps: 1 HR led screening interview, and 1 consultant led case interview.

The interview with HR felt very disorganized. The HR rep initially sent me the incorrect date for an interview - I only found out after waiting 20 minutes for a call and reaching out myself. At the end of our call, I was told that receiving an offer does not mean you can begin working right away. Trindent onboards staff as they initiate projects that need more staff, so while you might be "employed" you would not be paid until they are ready to have you.

The case interview was a more positive experience. The case itself was very simple and focused on oil and gas. This is not my area of expertise but the questions were all very straightforward calculations (throughput, etc). It was clear that the consultant I spoke to was knowledgable and had a lot of experience in oil and gas.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions: Why do you want to be a consultant, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Trindent Consulting (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

HR rep reached out to me via email. Chatted with HR for first interview (approx 1 hour). Standard HR-type questions that everyone else below has mentioned (why consulting, why Trindent, etc).

First round of case interviews - standard interviewer-led case. Nothing too surprising. There were a total of 5 questions, one quant. The consultant delivering the case was friendly, and easy to talk to.

Second round of case interviews - again, just like the first case. Another consultant delivered the case, but was more brisk. Didn't get a good vibe.

I didn't pass the 2nd case interview (I didn't think I had the best performance that morning). The overall experience with the consultants was decent. The HR reps, on the other hand, probably weren't as professional as they could have been. Prior to the first phone call, I sent an updated resume to the HR rep I was in contact with. No response from her - and turns out, her colleague who interviewed me didn't receive it either. After my 2nd case interview, I didn't hear back from HR for almost a week - at which point I followed up. Almost immediately, I received a generic rejection letter. (My thoughts on this - a generic rejection letter isn't good etiquette. A candidate spent hours interviewing with your company, over a span of 1 month. Moreover, these aren't entry level jobs. From my experience, a sentence or 2 providing advice on where I need to improve would've made the entire process a more positive experience. Most other companies do this).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trindent Consulting (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

A screening Review via phone. Contacted from Administrative Associate, made an appointment. And HR Manager called me to execute the phone interview. General questions, not difficult but I couldn't handle it..

Interview Questions

• Why Trindent? Approach of previous project? Visa status.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trindent Consulting (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Case analysis over the phone,
    Very expedited process since they were starting a project and had almost no staff.
    Phone interview, Skype case and in person meeting done in less than 14 days.
    I was on the plane to the job site within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Insurances company optimization case   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, it was a take it or leave it proposal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Trindent Consulting (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

All of interview was done through Skype (I was in United States, and they are all in Toronto).
    I got contacted by them through LinkedIn, and was pleased to take interview process.

It went smoothly except that after final interview, I heard nothing from them for almost two months.
    After I accepted another offer from another company, that senior HR person suddenly contacted me again and asked me when I could start. Since I didn't receive offer officially, I asked her about salary etc. Her answer was "Salary would be similar to what you expected. We would need you to start ASAP". And I did not mention anything about salary during the process.

At this point, this company didn't look like very trustworthy employer to me, so I politely turned down the offer from this company.

Interview Questions

• There were 4 interviews - first with HR: just general questions (I don't even remember what they were) and Excel skill test. Second one was maybe a few days later, for case questions by a current employee.
      Third one was another few days later, with senior HR person: general questions such as "what tools do you use to control your schedules/tasks? Outlook? Google Calendar?" (My answer was "I use primarily my notebook" and she clearly didn't like it)
      Final interview was on the same day with third interview. General questions.
      Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trindent Consulting in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process is listed on the website.

Screener: This is a fairly typical screener. Why consulting? Why Trindent? Are you okay with travel?

First Phone interview: This was approx. 45 minutes. It was relatively interviewer led. You are given numbers and are asked to solve for a certain value. I suggest writing the formula down and then completing the calculations.

Second interview: I unfortunately had a negative experience with this interview. It was another 45 minute phone interview. My interviewer had a very thick accent. It was evident that she became annoyed as I constantly clarified simple words. Looking back, I wish I had explained to the interviewer that I had a lot of trouble understanding her accent ( as risky as that sounds). The mathematical computation was more complex in this interview. I believe that I calculated the right answer but unfortunately did not pass this interview.

Interview Questions

• The computational questions involve a lot of numbers/data, and you are asked to derive a formula and produce an answer.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trindent Consulting (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen interview by HR with usual biographical information review. Two case interviews. One with an engagement manager one with a senior consultant. They provide biographies of your interviewers before the cases. Both case interviews were fairly rudimentary process improvement scenarios. The engagement manager was professional and fluent - a real pleasure to be interviewed by. The senior consultant who interviewed me was switched last minute and seemed inexperienced (confirmed by LinkedIn - 7 months experience and no previous consulting background) and had a lackluster command of the English language which was problematic since cases were conducted over the phone. I have to say Trindent's recruitment process was very well executed but they should probably prescreen their own people for suitability to conduct phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• Both cases essentially hinged on calculating some sort of metric. There was an Oil and Gas scenario were one had to calculate producing more product by eliminating waste in refining. The other case involved an Airport Retailer that sold various sundries where one had to calculate a potential increase in revenue by having clerks recommend additional products. Nothing untoward or unexpected. I got the quantitative right on both case. The qualitative right on both as well - though the second interviewer probably didn't get it.   Answer Question