Triple Point Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 17, 2017

3.1

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Triple Point Technology (Houston, TX).

Interview

I called a former associate and was hired, once I made a cursory visit to the office. I was hired strictly based on my industry experience and my reputation.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Fully technical questions, looked like fast phase development environment and overtime work.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Triple Point Technology (Westport, CT) in July 2012.

Interview

Very lengthy, people from team to all the way to VP will interview, they will ask questions from SQL, build automation, testing methedologies, SDLC, earlier application servers experience, to test automation

Interview Questions

• What are all SQL statements you use?
      Write down a testing test case given a scenario.
      What was your past experience into?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Triple Point Technology in August 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by Controller and later CFO. The interviewers were very professional and friendly.

They asked quite typical interview questions like my education, experience etc.

After the first interview I was asked to come for the second one which was conducted by CFO.

I've received the offer letter a couple days later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Triple Point Technology in April 2011.

Interview

3 Tier Interview Process worked up the chain

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Triple Point Technology (Westport, CT) in February 2011.

Interview

Great Team. Great Experience. Go on the Interview.

Delivery Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Triple Point Technology (Houston, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

I worked with a headhunter that has dealt with Triple Point on several occasions, in a way this made things progress quite quickly. About 7 days after my credentials were submitted by the headhunter to the hiring manager, I was informed that they wanted to conduct a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of a detailed explanation of my prior experience. There was also a verbal test administered to verify my understanding of several concepts related to energy trading and finance. The hiring manager told me at the time that he wanted me to come in to the office for an in-person interview the following week. The headhunter worked with the hiring manager to determine when this 2nd round would take place. I went in for a face-to-face interview about two weeks after the initial submission of my credentials. My first face-to-face was with the hiring manager, it was essentially just a "nice to see you in person" kind of interview to make sure I was who I said I was and that I knew how to talk to people in person. I then talked to two other senior consultants that were not managers and they talked to me about the role and answered any questions that I had. My final interview was with the VP over the hiring managers group. He asked me why I wanted to work for TPT and answered any final questions. The entire process for the second round took about 4 hours. I received notice of an offer through my headhunter and a formal offer from the HR manager that evening.

Interview Questions

• How would you calculate the mark-to-market of a standard swap transaction?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was very little negotiation that took place. The headhunter initially asked me what my salary range was. I later found out that the hiring manager was willing to pay more than my salary range. However, my headhunter said that they would not go above the range that I initially specified. The final offer was right in the middle of the range that I specified.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Triple Point Technology (Pune (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Round 1: aptitude test (also contains 3 programming questions, not too difficult)
    Round 2: psychometric test (testing your speed and accuracy, didn't get the point of this having this test)
    Round 3: problem solving, I was asked to design a lift with minimum waiting time. They didn't expect an algorithm, just asked me the outcomes of various scenarios.
    Round 4: group activity (tower building using straws and tape, different but I personally think it's annoying and unnecessary)
    Round 5: puzzles + technical interviews
    Not a single technical question so far. I was asked how I can optimize/which features can be added to Google search and Google maps. Obviously, I couldn't think of anything right away, if there was a way to optimize/add more features, Google would probably have done it by now. Similarly, for the lift problem asked round in 3, the algorithm that is used in the real world is optimum. If that wasn't the case, we would not have used it. Concluding, I believe the interview depends on your panel members. They may/may not ask you technical questions. Some of my friends were asked questions on linked lists, arrays etc.

Interview Questions

• 25 horses puzzle   1 Answer
    • mixed black and white balls puzzle   1 Answer
    • connecting all 9 dots in a 3X3 matrix using 4 lines without lifting the pen   1 Answer
    • Explain your final year engineering project   1 Answer
    • How to optimize Google search and maps? Which additional features will you add?   Answer Question
    • Function takes an array as a parameter and returns a number which isn't the maximum. No pseudo code expected, just the logic was asked.   1 Answer

Software Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Triple Point Technology (Pune (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

HR Called me he briefed me about the company & selection process.

1) Offline technical test

2) offline assignment

3) F2F technical round by panel

4) telephonic technical discussion

1) Offline technical test

2) offline assignment

3) F2F technical round by panel

4) telephonic technical discussion

Interview Questions

• 1) provided questions document which was supposed to send back within 2 days
      2) provided Carworkshop multi-threaded problem to be solved using design patterns
      3) F2F interview with panel
       - brief about yourself,
       - brief about recent complex framework you designed & implemented
       - questions around design & technology used
       - how to handle atomic transactions using java, two phase commit
       - locking on database table
       - design cache class
       - how to decide correct thread pool size for executors
      4) telephonic discussion
       - brief about yourself
       - any recent project with design & technologies used
       - database concurrency management through java application
       - how to stop thread, use of volatile in multi-threaded application
       - scheduling threads, different thread pools provided in java
       - ACID of RDBMS
       - what is memory leak, best practices to prevent memory leak, simple program to create memory leak
      - java GC types, how parallel GC works
      - Java memory management
      - features of java 8
      - xml parser, which one to use when?
      -exception handling in concurrency framework/package   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Triple Point Technology (Pune (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

4-5 Rounds that includes screening from the recruiter and ends with meeting India head. Everyone involved in the process takes keen interest in understanding you and a coordinator is always available to resolve your queries.

Interview Questions

• Questions involve technical as well as behavioural. Team spends good amount of time evaluating your technical skills, cultural fit.   2 Answers