Triple Ring Technolgies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Triple Ring Technolgies

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Triple Ring Technolgies.

Interview

The overall interview process was quick, as the company was responsive. Consisted of 2 separate phone screens (both with technical questions) with the software engineering team. I applied to the job online.

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Triple Ring Technolgies.

Interview

I applied and they contacted me a few months later. Interview was somewhat technical and somewhat experience based. Interviewer was extremely smart and interested and pleasant to talk to. The major difficulty however was that the process was slow.

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Triple Ring Technolgies in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online with a cover letter and beard back quickly. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and then a longer interview with many members of the science team.

Everyone was very nice and I really enjoyed my interview. It seemed like a great place to work. Definitely doing innovative work and awesome that the topic changes all the time.

Interview Questions

• Some experienced based
      Problem solving (physics)
      Troubleshooting questions
      Fun challenges from some   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate and probably should have. I was very happy to get the job and felt it came out in the wash with the company perks/policies (Infinite vacation).

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Triple Ring Technolgies in June 2014.

Interview

About 3hrs long and very difficult questions. Involved three engineers on staff. It was kind of laid back if you can answer the questions presented to you. If you don't know the material then it will be stressful.

Interview Questions

• Explain the significance of aliasing in digital signal processing   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Triple Ring Technolgies (Newark, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

1. Phone interview with VP of Engineering. He asked a variety of questions testing my knowledge of engineering fundamentals (heat transfer, mechanics of materials, forces/FBDs, thermodynamics, etc)

2. In-person interview with VP of Engineering and one of company founders. This was also somewhat like a test, where I was asked to solve a handful of problems on the whiteboard. I thought I did poorly but wound up getting the offer.

Interview Questions

• Draw a free-body diagram of a system and calculate forces/stresses/moments/etc   Answer Question
    • Quiz on general engineering fundamentals (heat transfer, mechanics of materials, forces/FBDs, thermodynamics, etc)   Answer Question
    • Why are manhole covers circular?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Triple Ring Technolgies (Newark, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

simple questions regarding my resume, products I've designed in the past and a system-level presentation at the white board.

the interviewer asked questions and kept saying "if you don't know this we won't move further" before I was given the chance to respond.
    I played this game and I still responded a few questions but couldn't take more of his attitude.and decided to leave the interview.
    I was left to discover the way out of the company by myself.

Interview Questions

• how can you make a histogram?
      (no other information given as to what histogram are we talking about)   1 Answer

disrespectful engineering team, managers not concerned with this

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Triple Ring Technolgies in January 2011.

Interview

Two people were present, which was a junior engineer and the director of engineering. They just asked simple questions on my resume. The director asked me to solve or explain how I would solve a simple engineering problem on the white board.

Overall the interview was incredibly stress free and easy; however, most if not all their questions could have been done through a simple phone interview to screen out candidates.

Interview Questions

• Can you identify the degrees of freedom on this prototype we have here?   Answer Question