Triton Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Triton Systems

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Triton Systems (Chelmsford, MA).

Interview

The interview was nearly a standard 8-hour day, which included all of the traditional formats such as a skills assessment, and presentation. You will be interviewed by peers and superiors. It will quickly become apparent, that the team is very intelligent and are only interested in hiring the best. Prepare well in advance.

Interview Questions

• "Which publications or patents do you have that best show what you can contribute to Triton?"   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Triton Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Began with talking to current engineers who I would be working with. They were very open and helpful, asking probing questions to see how much I knew and expected more to see my reasoning process on top of basic necessary knowledge rather than in depth, application specific questions.
    I gave a presentation at lunch about myself, my background, and my career goals and was asked questions by a panel over the provided catered lunch.
    I then spoke to a couple higher level managers who asked more general questions about my background and some brain-teaser type questions to see how I work through simple-yet-complex problems.
    The questions below are for my interview as an Electrical focused staff engineer position by the engineers I would work with.

Interview Questions

• Please illustrate a passive/active LP/HP filter. Describe why it is a LP/HP filter. Given what you drew, what happens if you replace one component with another?   Answer Question
    • What is the most challenging issue you faced on [project you told them about]? How did you solve it? How did you use your team to help solve it?   Answer Question
    • What type of programming experience do you have? What types of applications did you build with that language?   Answer Question
    • What type of person are you in a team? Who do you work well with in a team?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Triton Systems (Boston, MA) in November 2018.

Interview

I got a cold call from their recruiter on a Friday asking to interview with them on Tuesday . He spoke as if we had already talked, so I was slightly confused, but I saw this as a good opportunity so I agreed to meet up with them. He said I'd give two 30 minute presentations and then have five 30 minute interviews. Unfortunately my weekend had already been scheduled so I only had Monday to investigate the company and create the presentations. The presentations went smoothly, but I quickly got the impression during the one-on-one interviews that a prior conversation was missing. Overall the interview was smooth, but their rushed recruiter trying to fill spots lead to confusion.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand the entrepreneurial quality Triton Systems is offering   1 Answer

IP Assistant Interview

Interview

Very disorganized

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Triton Systems (Chelmsford, MA) in December 2018.

Interview

fast, fun, painless. applied online from indeed. phone conversation with recruiter from Triton. Set up phone interview with director. Follow up email questions after phone interview. In person presentation to Triton engineers and staff on SBIR proposal. 1-on-1 interviews with other engineers and managers. Process took less then a month in total from application to start date. Sounds like a painful process but it was easy and fun actually. I was able to get a good sense of the job responsibilities and my role during the interview process and was well prepared for the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe your hands-on fabrication experience   Answer Question
    • Which elements of machine design are you most familiar with?   Answer Question
    • Describe an analysis you specified and/or conducted (e.g. structural, thermal, etc…).   Answer Question