Troy University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.6

Area Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Troy University (Augusta, GA).

Interview

Interviewed by current director and two other coworkers. I was asked the common questions such as "Where do you see yourself in 5 years and what do you bring to the table for Troy University." Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over your competitors?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Troy University (Troy, AL).

Interview

Should apply online for the position. They will finalize 4 students with good resume and good cover letter. Interview will be done for 4 finalists and choose the best among them.

Interview Questions

• Asks questions more about the position you apply for like
      1> Why are you a good fit for this position?
      2> and some technical questions   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Troy University.

Interview

The overall interview experience was generally positive. The camaraderie amongst the faculty was very apparent and the campus was beautiful. However, I was asked several person questions like whether or not I have kids and if I am religious or not. I was told that I would have been offered the position, but due to "budget constraints" the position was rescinded. What a let down.

Departmental Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Troy University (Troy, AL) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview with 4 person panel from the department for which the position was open. Three interviewers were instructors and one was a secretary for the dean of the department. They each asked their prepared questions and allowed me to freely answer and ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?   Answer Question
    • This job requires the use of several computer software programs. What type of computer experience do you possess and do you feel you will be able to handle the various type of programs used by our department?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Troy University.

Interview

Initial brief phone interview (more of a screening) with position's immediate supervisor. Then a group/panel interview with immediate supervisor, her counterpart at another site, and the district manager. I was informally offered the position a week later. I say informally because main campus administration has final approval on all satellite location hiring. It took about 2.5 to 3 weeks for main campus to send their approval of me back to the satellite location.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you think your previous work experience relates to this position.   1 Answer

Site Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Troy University (Troy, AL).

Interview

Interviewed with Area Director and faculty. Applied for the position, had interview within 4 weeks, job offer within 2 weeks following interview. They never mentioned or negotiated the salary; I found out what I was being paid after I started. There was no written offer and the area coordinator stated she did not know; however, I was satisfied so I did not complain when I found out my salary.

Interview Questions

• All basic questions. How do you plan to run the office? How do you plan to recruit? etc.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Troy University.

Interview

I came in for an interview with two senior staff members in person and one person (who currently held a similar role) attended via skype. It was a long interview and there were a LOT of questions but they were all pretty standard. The people interviewing me were very pleasant and the interview went well. I received a call with a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• describe a time where you faced a challenge in the workplace...etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

the salary/benefits were presented as non-negotiable

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Troy University (Troy, AL).

Interview

The application process was a little tedious. I had submitted 20+ applications over a 5 year period and was never selected for an interview. Finally at the job I was hired for I saw the position around September. I applied for the job, several months later (November) I was called to schedule an interview for a few weeks later. I interviewed and a week later offered the job.

Records Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Troy University (Troy, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was rather cliche. You will be interviewed by 2-3 people at once being questioned by each. Questions range from, "Why did you apply for this job?" to "Where will you see yourself in 5 years?".

CS Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Troy University (Troy, AL) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. I was called in the office and got selected. This is an on-campus job so doesn't have much requirements. It's an easy job; you have to stay in the lab and occasionally help the students. This opportunity provides plenty of time to study my own materials and get paid at the same time. It helps to get closer to the department as well. This is a wonderful job for students.