Troy University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Site Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Troy University (Troy, AL).

Interview

Interviewed with Area Director and faculty. Applied for the position, had interview within 4 weeks, job offer within 2 weeks following interview. They never mentioned or negotiated the salary; I found out what I was being paid after I started. There was no written offer and the area coordinator stated she did not know; however, I was satisfied so I did not complain when I found out my salary.

Interview Questions

• All basic questions. How do you plan to run the office? How do you plan to recruit? etc.   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Troy University (Troy, AL).

Interview

Should apply online for the position. They will finalize 4 students with good resume and good cover letter. Interview will be done for 4 finalists and choose the best among them.

Interview Questions

• Asks questions more about the position you apply for like
      1> Why are you a good fit for this position?
      2> and some technical questions   Answer Question

Area Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Troy University (Savannah, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

I met for one hour with the District Director and Area Coordinator from another location for a sit down Q & A. I was one of two additional persons being interviewed at the Savannah Site on the same day. The interview was very relaxed and semi-informal. The interviews held or had held similar positions to the one for which I was applying, therefore, they were very knowledgeable about the position, the area and the general expectations. Salary was not negotiable although a salary range had been advertised.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very standard.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was non negotiable, although a salary range had been given. There was no moving allowance, and no incentives attached to job performance. The only thing that was negotiable was my starting date.

Area Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Troy University (Augusta, GA).

Interview

Interviewed by current director and two other coworkers. I was asked the common questions such as "Where do you see yourself in 5 years and what do you bring to the table for Troy University." Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over your competitors?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Troy University (Dothan, AL) in June 2009.

Interview

To transfer from one division to another, the interview process was simple, involving a panel by phone. All movement across divisional boundaries requires a background check as well these days. When I had first interviewed, as an outsider, I first submitted my CV and college transcripts, then gave a presentation to the faculty (conference-styled). I gave another presentation to administrative leadership in Troy, and then I waited for the acceptance letter. There is a lot of informality to the process with TROY, and most people in the decision-making chain like to talk casually about various topics. Building trust this way is therefore very important. If you come across too serious (ivory-tower), that can turn them off.

Interview Questions

• What is your teaching philosophy?   1 Answer
    • What is your remedy for grade inflation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

TROY's starting pay is still market-lagging, but the university is trying hard to increase it more quickly than the natural rate, to catch up with peers. TROY has an advantage compared to most state-affiliated institutions in that recessions don't hit very hard, because TROY's worldwide operation provides a steadier revenue flow than Auburn or U of Alabama, for example. The new dean of the business school will approve a reduced load in exchange for a commitment to do research, so in that respect TROY's business school is on a par with those of Auburn and U of Alabama.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Troy University (Troy, AL) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied and finally heard back 6+ months after my application was submitted. Phone interviewed with search committee composed of current faculty. That was great. I could tell they were going to be a great team of colleagues. Was invited to campus interview. Met with department chair (clueless), associate dean (nice), vice chancellor (condescending), chancellor (nice), and interim dean (rushed). Offer was made pretty quickly after the campus interview (turns out that if you are brought in you pretty much have the job unless one of the above doesn't like you for some reason). The quick offer at that point was probably because the fall semester was starting very soon so they needed to fill the position immediately.

Interview Questions

• What kind of resources would you need to conduct research?   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Troy University.

Interview

The overall interview experience was generally positive. The camaraderie amongst the faculty was very apparent and the campus was beautiful. However, I was asked several person questions like whether or not I have kids and if I am religious or not. I was told that I would have been offered the position, but due to "budget constraints" the position was rescinded. What a let down.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Troy University (Troy, AL).

Interview

The application process was a little tedious. I had submitted 20+ applications over a 5 year period and was never selected for an interview. Finally at the job I was hired for I saw the position around September. I applied for the job, several months later (November) I was called to schedule an interview for a few weeks later. I interviewed and a week later offered the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Troy University.

Interview

I came in for an interview with two senior staff members in person and one person (who currently held a similar role) attended via skype. It was a long interview and there were a LOT of questions but they were all pretty standard. The people interviewing me were very pleasant and the interview went well. I received a call with a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• describe a time where you faced a challenge in the workplace...etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

the salary/benefits were presented as non-negotiable

Records Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Troy University (Troy, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was rather cliche. You will be interviewed by 2-3 people at once being questioned by each. Questions range from, "Why did you apply for this job?" to "Where will you see yourself in 5 years?".