Troy University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Troy University Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.6

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Troy University.

Interview

Initial brief phone interview (more of a screening) with position's immediate supervisor. Then a group/panel interview with immediate supervisor, her counterpart at another site, and the district manager. I was informally offered the position a week later. I say informally because main campus administration has final approval on all satellite location hiring. It took about 2.5 to 3 weeks for main campus to send their approval of me back to the satellite location.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you think your previous work experience relates to this position.   1 Answer

Site Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Troy University (Troy, AL).

Interview

Interviewed with Area Director and faculty. Applied for the position, had interview within 4 weeks, job offer within 2 weeks following interview. They never mentioned or negotiated the salary; I found out what I was being paid after I started. There was no written offer and the area coordinator stated she did not know; however, I was satisfied so I did not complain when I found out my salary.

Interview Questions

• All basic questions. How do you plan to run the office? How do you plan to recruit? etc.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Troy University.

Interview

I came in for an interview with two senior staff members in person and one person (who currently held a similar role) attended via skype. It was a long interview and there were a LOT of questions but they were all pretty standard. The people interviewing me were very pleasant and the interview went well. I received a call with a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• describe a time where you faced a challenge in the workplace...etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

the salary/benefits were presented as non-negotiable

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Troy University (Troy, AL).

Interview

The application process was a little tedious. I had submitted 20+ applications over a 5 year period and was never selected for an interview. Finally at the job I was hired for I saw the position around September. I applied for the job, several months later (November) I was called to schedule an interview for a few weeks later. I interviewed and a week later offered the job.

Records Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Troy University (Troy, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was rather cliche. You will be interviewed by 2-3 people at once being questioned by each. Questions range from, "Why did you apply for this job?" to "Where will you see yourself in 5 years?".

CS Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Troy University (Troy, AL) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. I was called in the office and got selected. This is an on-campus job so doesn't have much requirements. It's an easy job; you have to stay in the lab and occasionally help the students. This opportunity provides plenty of time to study my own materials and get paid at the same time. It helps to get closer to the department as well. This is a wonderful job for students.

Recruter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Troy University (Clarksville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

I meet with two lovely ladies that interviewed me on the position, told me about the job, asked me questions of my experience. Always gave me great feeling, and allowed me to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your background and experience level?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Troy University.

Interview

I applied May. I was contacted in late June to come for an interview. I had almost forgot about the job. It was a laid-back interview. Then my second interview was a presentation (Powerpoint and sales pitch) I made to the manager. I started in October. When I was hired, I thought it would be in the marketing field; but it became cut throat sales (with NO commission).

Interview Questions

• Without the use of social media, do you think we can attract a younger market?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Troy University (Pensacola, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a bizarre experience. I applied online and heard back about 3 weeks later. I was invited in for an interview with the head of recruiting and two other employees within the department. The only problem is -it wasn't a "true" interview. I was not asked anything. The "interviewers" talked about the their personal experiences in the role I was applying for. Most of the conversation was based off any questions that I had for them.

I was interviewed in January and told the position would not start until March; I would be told whether I was offered the job sometime in mid-February.

Interview Questions

• Not asked even ONE question about myself or my experience. Be prepared with your own questions and find creative ways to relate your experience to the position.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within 72 hours. Process took 4+ weeks due to applicant website transition. Official offer took an additional 3 weeks due to background checks and approval by upper administration.

Interview Questions

• General questions about previous work experiences and willingness to travel.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.