True Value Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at True Value (Dallas, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. Straight to the point questions. Not much of an interview, it was more along the lines of a chit chat to see my personality. I was referred to by an employee and also they needed someone in quick to full the spot.

Inventory Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harvard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at True Value (Harvard, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received call to come in to interview on the following day. After interview I was told not to expect a call until after the following week. Received letter in mail not a call.

Interview Questions

• Are you involved with any charities or have you been involved with any charities in the past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at True Value (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was an Intern at True Value for about 12 weeks. Towards the end of the internship, I was able to interview for a full-time position after graduation. There was only one interview with a few of the directors of the department.

The Talent Management Team was very helpful throughtout the process. They gave me the necessary tools that were needed in order to be successful in the interview. The questions were mostly behavior based, and if you have any retail and/or leadership experience in college, then you shouldn't have any worries!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to analyze a specific problem and take us step by step on how you analyzed and solved the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-Negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at True Value (DeKalb, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

sat asked for resume and asked many behavior questions

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you disagreed with an employee and how did you go about it ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at True Value (Chicago, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Initially chosen for an interview through college recruiting. Went through a 1-on-1 interview with HR on campus, entirely behavioral questions, and was then contacted several weeks later for a day of interviewing at corporate. I interviewed with several directors in inventory planning, followed by several business process managers - everyone was very clear about their expectations and what they were looking for. They were also honest with opportunities for movement within the company and the structure of the job. Overall pleasant experience! I received a call a week later with an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• How are you analytical - what sort of skills do you use, how do you analyze a difficult situation or set of numbers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Inventory Planner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at True Value.

Interview

One of the recruiters was very rude. I didn't feel comfortable because of their attitudes during the interview.

Interview Questions

• It's pretty typical, tell me about yourself, how do you maintain/develop relationship with other professionals, etc   Answer Question

True Value Response

May 1, 2015 – Sr Recruiting Consultant

We work very hard to ensure everyone that interviews for a job at True Value is treated professionally and any additional feedback that would help us correct the negative experience you had would be... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at True Value (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

2 interviews, one on campus and one at the corporate headquarters. 3 panel interviews at corporate, had to basically say the same thing to each group of people. No skills test or anything objective. Also got a tour of the building and met a recent grad who was working at the position I was applying for

Interview Questions

• When did you display leadership?   1 Answer

They offered me 43,000 per year and refused to negotiate. That is honestly pretty insulting considering what the typical offer is for that position in other companies (usually between 55,000 and 60,000) and the extremely high standard of living in Chicago and Cook County in general.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at True Value (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

Campus Interview: They scheduled me for a campus interview and they had 13 interview slots on-campus. Interview lasted about 45 minutes (6-7 behavioral questions) with the director and another inventory planner in the room. At the end of the interview I was told they will let me know within 1-2 weeks if they want me to go further in the interviewing process. 3 Weeks went by and I had to contact them to ask if they had decided on me. They should let candidates know if they want them or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to tackle a problem and solve it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to do something beyond your responsibility to finish a task.   Answer Question

Inventory Planner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at True Value.

Interview

Initial contact was made by an internal recruiter, followed by an invitation to interview onsite. On the day of the interview I met with the recruiter I had originally spoken with on the phone for 30 minutes and then participated in a 1.5 hours interview with a panel of Inventory Planning Managers. The whole process was very smooth and everyone made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the word "assertiveness"?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at True Value (Waltham, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

No online application have to go to store to pick up
    Fill out application
    Bring it back and wait for a call
    Go in after call from manager and have a 1 v 1 interview with him/her