True Value Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.4

Supply Chain Network Optimization Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at True Value (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied through a common connection. Received an email from the recruiter when a time was decided for a 40-50 min interview. The interview questions were good and the recruiter was very well versed with the job profile. However, after the interview, there was no response from the company. Followed up twice in 3 weeks with emails to the recruiter but never heard a thing. Very unprofessional.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at True Value (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email request for phone interview. At the scheduled time, no phone call, or email to reschedule. Two weeks later I received an email requesting a reschedule for the phone interview. Time comes for interview and again, no call. Person finally called 30 minutes later but I was on another call, so I wasn't able to pick up. I called back, left a message asking to reschedule, heard nothing. Next day I received a rejection email. Please don't request interviews if you don't intend to follow through. Very unprofessional.

Inventory Planner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at True Value.

Interview

Initial contact was made by an internal recruiter, followed by an invitation to interview onsite. On the day of the interview I met with the recruiter I had originally spoken with on the phone for 30 minutes and then participated in a 1.5 hours interview with a panel of Inventory Planning Managers. The whole process was very smooth and everyone made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the word "assertiveness"?   1 Answer

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at True Value (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Easy 2 step process. No tough questions. Looks like they did not have many enterprise architects on role. About 5-6 member team and that's it. Questions are very easy for any enterprise architects to answer.

Interview Questions

• Q. Experience Level
      Q. Technical Achievements   1 Answer

Less salary

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livingston, MT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at True Value (Livingston, MT) in May 2016.

Interview

Had to go into store and call a handful of times. Eventually got to sit down with owner. Talked about my highschool/current college/life experience. Manager called me back that night asking when I could start.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at True Value (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

HR rep provided brief background on three directors. Three directors, one of whom was the hiring manager, asked questions about different projects on my resume, how I would handle various analytic challenges, what metrics and solutions I would recommend to drive improvements, and why I was interested in working for True Value. Relaxed atmosphere, friendly and open conversations.

Interview Questions

• If our landed cost was increasing, how would you determine where we should focus our attention?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at True Value (Flagstaff, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

The first interview is a group interview. The group of people interviewing as well as a panel of current employees. The current employees vary as it is a group effort to see what department a candidate might fit into best. It is also to see if the candidates fit the values and attitude of the work place and its culture and environment. In all fairness, I knew the group and was well acquainted with many of the people in the room so it was not a blind or unsuspecting interview for myself.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about HomCo?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at True Value (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process is not bad, incompetent individuals asking mundane questions which most of time is spent by the interviewer talking about themselves and how great they are at their current role or big things they have done prior to getting to True Value.

Interview Questions

• How would manage a challenging individual or team that don't get along?   1 Answer

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at True Value (Allentown, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Super unprofessional. First there is a phone interview and if they like you they pull you in from there. I was pulled in for the face to face. Where I met two people who aren't even the decision makers of who gets hired. They ask a bunch of questions off of a packet of interview questions paper then say we will pass it along to the Manager.. so why waste my time with those two??

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at True Value (Manchester, NH) in December 2015.

Interview

Very Fast they responded quick and i did my written test and job interview at the same day. I was interviewed by shift supervisor and lead person. I was asked series of question for about 45 min and was hired after interview.