What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Worked with many great people who were committed to the company!" (in 49 reviews)
- "The pay is decent, but not enough to deal with the bs." (in 33 reviews)
- "Good benefits, laid back environment, lots of cool characters come through the store, lumber yard" (in 32 reviews)
- "Great coworkers" (in 15 reviews)
- "Great work environment and people" (in 13 reviews)
- "low pay, bad management, husband and wife duo potentially owning the store has bad morale for employees" (in 42 reviews)
- "Long hours and can be overwhelming." (in 19 reviews)
- "I agree that some managers have a long way to go." (in 13 reviews)
- "It seems all Senior Leadership has either left on their own or left under mysterious circumstances in the last two years." (in 11 reviews)
- "The salary was a bit below average (but I knew that going into it so that is on me for accepting it)." (in 7 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of True Value and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 589 of over 611 reviews
Updated Sep 20, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
I want to feel a sense of responsibility and belonging. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to get to that feeling in consulting due to the ever evolvement of clients/engagements. 2 questions. 1) Is my assumption correct? 2) Are there careers in industry that provide that sense of ownership and responsibility? I want to wake up and look forward to providing true value to a product.
Our new CMO has hired several of “his people” including a Director of SEO. I found out this Director is making $160K. Ive been with the company 3 years, make $120K in and was just offered a $15K raise. I contribute significantly more than this new Director and easily have 4X the workload + 5 more direct reports, but don’t feel like I’m being compensated for my true value. What can I say that lets leadership know I want to be compensated fairly (without bringing up the other Director’s comp)?
How do you negotiate on TC when you don't have any leverage and the employer knows that? Especially in current climate, options may be just stay in current role or accept an offer that - even if it's a raise - might be below your true value.
What’s the best way to check if a list of texts is also in another list or array of texts. If it’s true, I want the cell to produce a true value next to the column of data , I think it involves =IF and ISNUMBER. I don’t want to use vlookups because data not on left hand side of page.
True Value Reviews FAQs
True Value has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 611 reviews left anonymously by employees. 51% of employees would recommend working at True Value to a friend and 36% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.
51% of True Value employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated True Value 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 2.7 for career opportunities.