TrustArc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TrustArc Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2017

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TrustArc (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It went down hill after the initial call with the recruiter and the VP of Product management. The HR rep went on vacation and the second HR rep was truly unprofessional.
    The new rep was having difficultly setting up the in person interview, i had constantly followup up to get updates
    After the in person interview the company didn't have the courtesy to let me know i was not selected.
    In 2 weeks i sent 2 emails - no response. I had to call to get an update on the status of my application.
    The interview panel was great but the process was really unprofessional

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TrustArc (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

This was a very clean, standard process. It started with two phone interviews (recruiter and hiring manager), then two on-site interviews with all Executive Team members. All were very good, well prepared, and didn't repeat too many questions. The process took about 3 weeks, but I was travelling so it took a bit longer that I think it would have otherwise.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?   1 Answer

Privacy Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TrustArc (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied through a job board. I was contacted by the recruiter within a week or two to set up a phone interview. The phone interview with the recruiter lasted about 20 minutes. At the end of the call, the recruiter invited me to come in for an in-person interview. I went in, met with four people: the hiring manager, a couple of people on the team, and HR. I was given an offer shortly after the in-person interview.

Java Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TrustArc (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I had two phone interviews followed by an onsite interview. For most parts, the recruiter was professional. However, I had an experience similar to the other candidates who left reviews here. They initially said they will follow up with the next steps and a week later they informed that their hiring is on freeze.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TrustArc (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

phone screen went well. onsite interview was pretty decent. The irony is, they test the candidate for problem solving and decision making skills. But, the sad part is, they suck at making a decision when it comes to hiring someone. Too confused. first they said they wanted to continue after the onsite site, then they apparently put the position on hold and then after constantly getting in touch with HR. all of a sudden they had a clear answer. wow. maybe it was a blessing in disguise to not get an offer. But, on the positive, very professional (apart from the decision making obviously) and if you like to work in SFO downtown, maybe this is a good option.

Interview Questions

• quiet a lot of technical questions related to the position iteslf and DS and aglorithms obviously.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TrustArc.

Interview

Bad...bad....bad! Avoid this place like the plague.
    I applied for a position online for which I was qualified and met the requirements to a tee -- in fact, it was uncanny. So, I was not surprised when a recruiter from TRUSTe sent me an email and expressed a desire to speak with me about the opportunity. The recruiter and I spoke by phone and it was a very positive conversation, so much so that at the end of the call he told me that they would like to bring me on-site to meet the team. Great -- so far, so good. He was communicative and informed me that a recruiting coordinator would be in touch with the scheduling logistics. Again, so far so good.

The coordinator worked me with me to set up 4 interviews on-site on a date that I said worked well for me. She was very communicative, timely and competent. She asked me to complete a formal employment application and bring it with me when I arrive. Again, so far so good. It was all positive, until....

Two days before I am scheduled to go on-site for the four interviews, I receive a voicemail from the recruiter indicating that they need to cancel my interviews because they have decided to go with an internal candidate. Hmmmmmm.....sorry Charlie, but that doesn't pass the smell test - something is fishy! Adding to the "fishy-ness" of the story is that the recruiter says they plan to reopen it in January (5.5 weeks away from now) and we can reconnect then. Ok, let's get this straight TRUSTe: so you think enough of me to want to bring me in on-site to meet with 4 people including a VP after one phone screen with a recruiter, yet you didn't know that at the same time there was an internal candidate who you were moving on as well? Ain't buying it! So if there was this magical, internal candidate who was so qualified for the role, wouldn't that had been known when they scheduled my interviews? And to say we can revisit in 5.5 weeks is odd. Why not just interview me now? By the time I go through the process, clear a background check, drug test and get through the holidays it will be January anyway.

I shared my story with a few recruiters I know and they all said the same thing -- that the story doesn't make sense.

Remember, honesty is always the best policy :)

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TrustArc (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was recruited by their HR dept. for a contract position through LinkedIn. They contacted me because they thought that I would be a great fit for a position they had helping prepare for a new product suite relsease. I had a two telephone interviews and then was brought in for three in-person interviews. I was a bit surprised because the phone interview with the top guy didn't seem that great. No rapport.
    In any case, one in-person was canceled because they weren't even in the country. Next, I met wit the top guy again and that was just as awkward. The next one was great! Huzzah. I asked some great questions, we discussed the work intelligently and it was a smart exchange. We discussed the work intelligently and it was a smart exchange. Okay, so let me work with THAT guy.
    The HR person set up another interview with an engineer. He was odd. He needed to meet only over skype through a pseudonym. (I kid you NOT!) So, okay, eccentric engineers can be par for the course. But, he was trying to purposely trip me up or confuse me. It was an odd thing.
    Long story short. Each person that I interviewed with seemed to be interviewing me for a different position. I could tell that they hadn't worked out a good job req and had the details agreed upon by the responsibilities and areas of expertise for this position. It seemed odd. I decided that if they offered me a position. I would take it anyway, as I thought I could produce some really good work for them while spending some of my time trying to define my position.
    This whole process was being handled by a very young HR person. A Jr. HR person most likely. I am used to being contacted on LinkedIn. But by the time they bring me in, it's pretty much a done deal. The company has written a specific job description. We have met, perhaps telephone interviewed, etc. The in-person interviews are usually a slam dunk.
    I was out doing errands and I got a funny sinking feeling. I checked my phone, it was the HR woman saying that they are going in a different direction. I think they were sorry for wasting my time, and actually did see a fit, but something was amiss and that was that. The whole process was kind of weird.

Regulatory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TrustArc (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process started with a brief phone screen with a recruiter. One week later, the recruiter called for an in-person interview that lasted for 3 hours. The in-person interview included interviewing various executives, directors, and managers from Product and Marketing teams. Overall, a pleasant experience.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TrustArc (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Began with a phone screening by HR. Next was an onsite interview with 3 managers. Next was an onsite presentation. The experience was pretty easy and everyone was extremely helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• To pitch the product to them as if I was TRUSTe and they were a prospective customer   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TrustArc (San Francisco, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I have had 4 different interviews in 10 days. 2 were on the phone and 2 were on the site. First, I have been contacted by HR for a preliminary technical interview (Simple java questions, compare heritage versus composition, collections, etc). The second phone interview was with a senior engineer. The questions were more than simple (threading questions, mapreduce framework, interacting with db via java) etc. What is the meaning of "volatile" keyword ? They have a small engineering team, I guess only 3 people. I have been interviewed by 2 on site. This was a blackboard interview about all over java, some questions were DMW-like questions, either you know them or not (or you would get an Illegal exception, if you try to compile the other answer). They also asked me to make a code project on site, in 90 mins. Code an elevator. The last interview was with VP of engineering. Not a technical one, general stuff. They did not make me an offer at the end. The procedure was quite fast and professional. They are expending their team, and I assume they have no precise projects in their minds yet.

Interview Questions

• Explain "Volatile" keyword. A lot of threading questions.   1 Answer
    • Self join with the same sql table, group by, having keyword?   Answer Question
    • Code an elevator simulator in java.   1 Answer
    • How do you rate your java knowledge?   1 Answer