TrustArc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TrustArc Interview Questions

Interviews at TrustArc

2.9

Senior Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at TrustArc in November 2018.

Interview

A “recruiter” reached out to me via LinkedIn to say that my skills matched the position and ask to set up a phone interview. The recruiter asked me to send my resume which reads almost exactly as my LinkedIn profile. We set up a time to meet and the recruiter did a no show. I then received an email “thanking me for my interest but they were going in a different direction.” Easily the most unprofessional company I’ve ever dealt. I’ve never written a review before but was compelled to do it this time. After reading other similar reviews, I highly recommend thinking twice before considering this company. They clearly don’t have their act together when it comes to recruiting.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter flaked on the phone interview so no questions were asked.   Answer Question

TrustArc Response

Nov 7, 2018 – VP, Global Human Resources

We're really sorry for your negative experience. We don't like to make excuses when people volunteer to give us feedback to improve our process. In this case, we've changed recruiting platforms, and we automated replies that were most certainly confusing. We've tightened the process quite a bit so this will not occur in the future. We're sorry that there wasn't a match between you and TrustArc. We wish you all the best in your search.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TrustArc (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Prescreen, then call with hiring manager, followed by interviews with peers and cross-functional team members. The interviewers are the people who you would be working with, so they're really trying to assess how they would enjoy working with you. The interviews are less about having the right answers (though that helps!) but are about seeing how you'd approach an issue and seeing how you'd incorporate the views and feedback of others. Its a very laid back and collegial place, so they're looking for people with drive but also with chill.

Interview Questions

• Questions about handling conflict, convincing others in arguments, how to go about assembling data to back up your position.   1 Answer

Mid Level Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TrustArc (San Francisco, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied to TrustArc in Septermber 2018, got an initial call from recruiter discussing my skills and experience in Web development. The recruiter said that they are moving to the next steps with me and I will get a call to schedule the next round, but a couple of days later, I got an automated reject mail saying they are moving with other candidates.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn saying, "I wanted to reach out to you as your background and experience aligns to the type of expertise we're looking for."
    We schedule a time for a phone interview for the following week. 20 minutes later, I got an email stating, "the role went on hold today."
    3 days later, I got an email stating "Unfortunately, we have decided not to proceed with your candidacy... as other candidates more closely match our requirements".
    Why waste my time like this? I didn't reach out to you. You reached out to me. Sort our your requirements BEFORE you reach out to candidates; it's the respectful thing to do.

Anonymous Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TrustArc in March 2018.

Interview

2 phone screens and an onsite interview with 4 people. The trajectory of my role shifted, and I went back in for a second round of onsite interviews. I was impressed throughout the entire process how great TrustArc's communication was. They were always keeping me informed of the status of my application, when I would be hearing from someone, and helping me feel comfortable during the entire process. It was very refreshing to have a company that responds to you quickly and actually followed up. I interviewed at some places and had a phone screen, and just never heard from them again. Not TrustArc, they were great through the whole process. I knew it was the type of place I wanted to be.

Interview Questions

• You've received an email from a rather demanding executive at TrustArc, asking
      you take care of a list of tasks: 1) order lunch for his team for the following day, 2)
      schedule a meeting with the entire exec team (7 people total), 3) book a conference
      room for a client meeting, and 4) follow up with a vendor about a broken chair in
      the conference room. What is your response to the executive? How do you
      prioritize?   Answer Question

Contract QA Automation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TrustArc.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted by their recruiter , and they set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager called in sick and had to reschedule. No biggie! We rescheduled the interview for a week later. On that day, the hiring manager was late to call me. When I checked my email, I found that the recruiter sent me a message stating that the manager had reassessed my application and no longer wanted to interview me. The interview was scheduled for 11:30 AM, and the email came in at 11:38.

The hiring manager couldn't skim my resume in that extra week and cancel the interview process before wasting my time? Lots of disorganization here. If you're interviewing for a position in test, let it be known that the manager is super flaky.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TrustArc (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Fairly standard process. 2 phone screens w/ the recruiter (2nd one was prep for the coding exam), followed by a coding exam & a bank of multiple choice questions on Spring MVC ; the platform used was Codality, and timeboxed to 1hr

Interview Questions

• The main coding challenge was a fairly straightforward String algorithm - take input of a large multiline String input w/ various data types embedded in it, do some mapping & data extraction, and output a String of some pertinent data mapping in the required format - much like a controller method might do for some input passed to it; since (for this test at least) Codality does not record keystrokes etc, it is beneficial to do the development on an IDE of your choice where you can debug & test more rigorously, and then copy & paste the solution into Codality. I had a bug somewhere & was not able to get Codality to do printlns (maybe that can be disabled when the test is set up?), and was working off a friend's laptop (with no IDE).   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TrustArc (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a couple of phone interviews, a design test, then an onsite.

Everything seemed to go well over the phone screens and interviews. But it went downhill when I went in person. My guess is that they expected someone more senior (I still get mistaken as a student these days, despite years of lead experience).

Time wasn't managed well. My interview went over by an hour. People really like to talk about themselves and I felt powerless to keep the interviewer on track. I interviewed with a vice president, who was dismissive and condescending to me when I asked for him to describe the structure of the company.

I left feeling very disappointed that I endured these juvenile behaviors, and felt that while my phone interviews went well, no one took me seriously in person for some reason. I'm not one to make accusations, but my experience is my own and I thought I'd share it in case anyone else has to deal with it.

My advice for the hiring team: make sure your interviewers aren't glued to their phones or too focused on their bag of chips. It's distracting and rude.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TrustArc (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It went down hill after the initial call with the recruiter and the VP of Product management. The HR rep went on vacation and the second HR rep was truly unprofessional.
    The new rep was having difficultly setting up the in person interview, i had constantly followup up to get updates
    After the in person interview the company didn't have the courtesy to let me know i was not selected.
    In 2 weeks i sent 2 emails - no response. I had to call to get an update on the status of my application.
    The interview panel was great but the process was really unprofessional

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TrustArc (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

This was a very clean, standard process. It started with two phone interviews (recruiter and hiring manager), then two on-site interviews with all Executive Team members. All were very good, well prepared, and didn't repeat too many questions. The process took about 3 weeks, but I was travelling so it took a bit longer that I think it would have otherwise.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?   1 Answer