Tuenti Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tuenti Interview Questions

3.5

Android Developer Interview

Interview

First a phone interview just to check your background, then after some days a technical interview were I messed up big time and rightfully got rejected. The guy was nice and tried to guide me, but I was nervous.

Android Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tuenti.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one with the HR person and other was more technical.
    After that, there is a technical test for which you have to write some code that you'll send to them afterwards. The test is slightly complicated.

Interview Questions

• Java specific questions. Differences between final, public, private and friendly, differences between a list and a set and a list and an array, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tuenti.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me by linkedin. First he called me and we spoke in spanish about my professional experience. He sent me an exam that I chose bu language. I chose python and they put me in contact with a developer to ask any doubts. I did not call him, I finished the exam (1 hour limit since the recruiter sent it to me). The next interview was about algorithms and some other questions of computer science in spanish. The next one was about javascript, html and databases, in spanish. And the next interview was in english and I had to resolve a problem. I did not understand it and the interviewet tried with other one. He was so patient. Sadly I did not resolve it because I was confused with a single world pronuntiation.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tuenti (Madrid (Spain)) in May 2013.

Interview

Good process overall. I sent in my cv and was contacted by HR within a couple of days. Had an initial HR interview then scheduled a telephone interview with another product manager. I got feedback on this the next day and told I would have another in a couple of days. Again I passed this and was setup with a third telephone interview with another product manager. This one I found more difficult. I then didn't hear anything back for a week or so when I was told they wouldn't be proceeding with my application.

Interview Questions

• Explain the process of multivariate web application testing.   Answer Question

Senior Frontend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tuenti (Madrid (Spain)).

Interview

Telephone interview with senior engineer lasted about 1 hour. It was full of detailed questions on web, security, performance, as well as programming puzzles.

On-site visit consisted of 4 technical interviews with very strong engineers and one with HR representative. Questions were: model card game "Magic" in UML, implement in pseudo-code combat resolution and role swap, discuss ReST, caching headers in HTTP, expiry policy, multiple inheritance vs single inheritance, prototypal inheritance vs class-based inheritance, mixins and traits (Javascript and PHP), interfaces and composition, execution context in JS, details of DOM, closures and scoping in Javascript, augmenting objects, object construction, namespacing in Javascript, client side CAPTCHA implementation, implementation of undo/redo operations in PHP, memory allocation strategies, memento pattern, garbage collection strategies, circular dependencies, designing filesystem API, modelling spreadsheet application in UML, filesystem extensions (ACL, Linux), Scrum, Printer-Controller-Agent pattern.

HR person was basically selling me tons of lies.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to bid hiring bonus, but not base pay. I strongly suggest aggressive bidding strategy, as the company is loaded with Telefonica's money.

IOS Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tuenti (Madrid (Spain)).

Interview

Objective-C Code test (3 hours), 3 phone interviews

Interview Questions

• The 1st phone interview was extremely technical on the basics of Objective-c programming   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tuenti (Madrid (Spain)) in September 2011.

Interview

First, you will be asked to do a code test. You will have to solve the problem in 3hours and send the code to Tuenti. Some engineers will review your code and if it is ok, they will call you for one or two phone interviews. It depends on the weaknesses they see during your process. After that, you will be asked to go the offices where you will have 4 in-person interviews. Mostly you will be ask to code some simple example and something from your expertise (Android, iOS,...)

Interview Questions

• We have to classes: A and B. Class A has a property that refers to an instance of B and Class B has a property that refers to an instance of A. Is it correct? Does it have any problem? If so, how would you solve it?   1 Answer

Associate Testing Framework Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tuenti (Madrid (Spain)) in June 2011.

Interview

Preliminar HR interview, two phone interviews asking general questions about computer science, software engineering, testing and tools. One code test, 6 on site interviews being two HR ones and 4 technical covering diferent areas as testing strategies and techniques, scalability, algorithms design, software patterns, web security, Object Oriented programming, pointers, big O, data strutures and tools

Interview Questions

• How would you print a given tree in level order (ie, root, all level2 items, all level 3 items....)   Answer Question
    • java interfaces vs Abstract classes, pros and cons   1 Answer

Negotiation

More or less they asked about my current conditions, I told them that they should offer better ones and they did

Mobile Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tuenti (Madrid (Spain)) in December 2010.

Interview

Long selection process that included a code exam, several technical interviews by phone, and finally an on site interview with 3 or 4 engineers and HR. In my honest opinion, the overall process is funny, but some questions could be difficult, specially if you are not used to work under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special ... They are open to discuss and resolve any doubt that you could have during the interview.   Answer Question

General Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Tuenti (Madrid (Spain)) in September 2009.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter trhu linkedin. was not looking for job, but accepted. Phone interview by recruiter about experience and past employees. then skill test (was a PHP graph problem famously used by google and other, but was asked to do in javascript. solution was a simple Depth seach).

After that got a buch of skype interviews. Most of them rushed as the interviewer looked like he wanted to be done asap. One of the founder asked me one stock problem solving question.

After the phone interviews, they called me back and said they wanted me there asap, ideally to next week. i took one weak leave for the next week to go there, and they simply vanished.

some weeks later I got an email saying i was not a fit.

Interview Questions

• the counterfeit coin problem   1 Answer