Turning Stone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Turning Stone Interview Questions

2.1

Hotel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Verona, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turning Stone (Verona, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

It was open interviews. you just applied and they called you to come in and interview with the recruiters. If they felt you didn't qualify they only sent you to certain departments. They wouldn't let you interview for something they didn't think you were qualified for. Which is crap because after I was hired numerous people were hired for the position I wanted that had no experience in that position.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them about myself   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Turning Stone.

Interview

There were about 20 other people interviewing that day in the Food & Beverage Industry which I saw in a 30 minute time period. I sat down with the hiring manager and he asked me to tell him about myself. He asked if I could make a martini and I said no because I was previously working at a college bar making basic drinks (Gin and tonic, etc.). He said he liked me and hired me on the spot. All you need is to clean up well, look and act very professionally, and have a friendly personality.
    After hiring you must fill out a lot of paperwork to get your gaming license. That takes about 3 days, and then you have to attend a 2 day orientation from 8am-6pm.

Interview Questions

• Can you make a martini?
      How many years have you been a bartender?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Answer Question

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Interview

Fairly easy. They wanted to get to know you as a person, not just for the position. It was a fairly quick process. You go to the corporate office in Oneida first and then to the actual facility to continue process with Hiring Manager

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Turning Stone.

Interview

one on one; talked about the position requirements; what's expected; who associates are; talked about my experience; asked some relevant questions. a little over an hour long.

Cage Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oneida, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turning Stone (Oneida, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

An initial interview with a recruiter, with a second group interview with management a week later. The first interview was absurdly easy as I was the only person who showed up in dress clothes. The second was exactly the same. They asked very basic questions that would have not weeded any applicants out if professionalism and attitude were not factors.

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turning Stone in September 2014.

Interview

Heard back from them within 2 weeks. Went in for an initial group interview with two other interviewees. The interviewer was really pleasant and the questions were relatively simple. However I needed at least a years worth of bartending experience so the interviewer helped me pick out a different position to pursue. Waited about 2 more weeks before getting another call for a one on one interview. The interviewer was pleasant and again relatively easy questions. Afterwards was told it would take between 2-3 weeks before I would hear anything back, still waiting.

Reservations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turning Stone.

Interview

Had 2 or 3 interviews. Then a drug test where they take a chunk of your hair. I was taking a medicine that should have shown up but I was never asked about it. I've heard a rumor that they don't test everyone's hair right away but they keep them and will test them later if prompted.

Help Desk Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turning Stone.

Interview

One in person interview with the manager and that was it. I received an offer a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me more than I asked.

REVENUE AUDITOR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turning Stone (Rome, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied before New Years. Got a called back on New Years Eve. Called back and had a phone interview on Jan 2nd. The phone interview took around 15-20 minutes. The lady said she will get back to me after her manager looks over it and get back to me by the next week if they want to bring me in for a in person interview. The lady was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult questions. Ask general items, strengths, weaknesses, what you want for pay, and a few other questions.   Answer Question

Blackjack Dealer Interview

Interview

You go through an initial interview to be able to take the blackjack class. During that interview they ask you why you want to be a blackjack dealer, what your customer service is like, and then they have a deck of cards and they ask you to add the values of the cards together. If you pass this interview, then you move on to taking the class. The class is about 6 weeks and costs $175, (unless your an employee for at least a year with no write ups and then it costs you nothing). After the class is finished you will have to audition for the job by dealing a mock game to your fellow classmates. If you pass the audition then you have an interview with the gaming director and he will ask you pretty much the same questions that you were asked in the initial interview for the class.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult thing about the whole process is when they pull a deck out and have you add the cards together. If you have no idea what blackjack is, then this will pose as a problem. I would suggest doing a little research and knowing the card values and practicing adding before this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. The job pays what it pays for the base rate and the tips vary pay period to pay period.