Tutoring Club Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tutoring Club Interview Questions

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tutoring Club

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tutoring Club (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

Very informal! Interviewer was very pleasant and informative about what they were looking for. She discussed my qualifications, their training and how the tutoring position operates. She explained that the hours available are limited but could increase over time. There's also opportunity for advancement.

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tutoring Club (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was called for an interview, I arrived ten minutes earlier, I was asked some questions about my tutoring experience, qualifications, the range of ages I have taught before, what subjects I feel confortable teaching, and it lasted like 15min. It was easy-going, friendly, quite brief and that was about it.

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tutoring Club (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

It was a quick and simple interview. The center director asked me a few questions about myself and my experience with the subjects that I said I could tutor. She showed me some assessments and asked if I was able to solve the questions, without actually working them out. Basically after going through all that, the director asked me when I could start working. After you are hired, you just have to get a tb test and fingerprint background check.

Negotiation

Pay was probably negotiable, but as I did not know what the usual pay per hour was, I did not mention anything.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tutoring Club in August 2011.

Interview

It was more of a conversation about the company, enrollment, what experience I had and how interested/committed I was, availability, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Interviewer informed me of the rate and it was higher than I expected. I accepted happily.

Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tutoring Club (Los Gatos, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Called and asked to supply references and then scheduled an interview. Casual 1:1 interview meant to gather intelligence, talk over company goals and teaching strategy, and to define a commitment term.
    Questions included my previous tutoring experience, my other non-paid experiences helping people, and my ability to tutor not only math and sciences classes but also reading and writing through their program.

Interview Questions

• What are your teaching experiences?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short and non negotiable

Tutor Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tutoring Club in October 2011.

Interview

I responded to an ad on Craigslist, and was interviewed the next week. It was a 1:1 interview, very casual and informal. Just asked a couple questions regarding my resume, and then basic availability questions, etc. The interviewer was the owner of the specific club, and he was very easygoing. Pretty much the interview was to determine if you had the personality to work with the kids who you would tutor. Looking for someone "smiley", outgoing, and happy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary depends on your credentials.