Tyco Thermal Controls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tyco Thermal Controls

Sort:

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tyco Thermal Controls in September 2012.

Interview

Very nice people and very professional throughout the entire process. Came to their facility in PA to meet with managers and take some tests for engineering aptitude and personality. I enjoyed meeting everyone but ultimately did not accept the position due to other events taking place in my life at that time.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tyco Thermal Controls (Bangor, ME) in July 2008.

Interview

Found position on career website. Resume, phone interview, one week later in person interview. Met with three inidviduals (engineer, HR, project director). Overall, the interview itself was a positive experience, and in hindsight I believe it went very smoothly. However, it seems like the position was eliminated post-interview, and they were not particularly conscientious about following up or responding to my inquiries.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project where it became difficult to meet a client's needs without going over budget or off schedule. How did you make the decision on how to move forward?   Answer Question

Project Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tyco Thermal Controls in July 2011.

Interview

I was hired through Tyco Thermal Control's recruiter so there was a brief phone interview/phone screening and an in-person interview with the manager. The phone interview was no longer than 15 minutes and the in-person interview was about 30-40 minutes long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Met my salary requirements

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Tyco Thermal Controls.

Interview

Three interviews. First one was with the Country Manager. Second one was with Country Manager and Regional Manager of BIS. The final one was with Country Manager and Regional Manager of BIS and Regional Sales Manager of Industrial Solutions.

Interview Questions

• During that days, Tyco Thermal Control was about to be acquired by Pentair. I have been asked How would I be affected by this transition?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Almost no negotiation. Take it or leave it type offer.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tyco Thermal Controls in October 2011.

Interview

Initial communications included email with recruiter and a phone interview. I sent my resume to recruiter who reviewed prior to the phone call.

1:1 interview was held by sales manager who asked questions like it was a friendly conversation. It was very comfortable. Questions consisted of my resume and experience in sales. No tricky questions. Lasted about 1 hour.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tyco Thermal Controls (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

Hired on thru third party recruiting company, part time position. Very easy interview with minimal questions. Received notice two days later with a job offering. I prepared for specific questions and requirements for the position, however, was not needed as job interview was very basic. They asked what are your greatest professional strengths? Believed with my previous experience definitely helped as this position was almost identical to my previous job.

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

Interview

Was interviewed by third party recruiter. Job interview was easy as questions were very basic and not electronics related. Questions were more about my personality and if I would rather be a team player or be a lone ranger type. Questions about working in a team vs by myself and how I relate to people in general. If I prefer working and getting things done or being more of a team player focusing on people relationships.

EHS Manager Interview

Interview

For the manager type jobs they require multiple interviews with various people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unwilling to budge for the basic job salary.