Tyson Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tyson Foods Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tyson Foods in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, within 5 days I received a call from hr with a telephone screening (took about 15 minutes), the next day I was invited in for a group/panel (behavioral) interview (about 45 mins)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to use your creative thinking skills to solve a problem or complete a task on the job.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Tyson Foods.

Interview

Never got a interview ask my upper management and the response what i got was it has to go through corporate and they decided. Why? If they feel that you are a good candidate they will seen it to HR and then HR will choose from there if you are there good fit for the position.

Food Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tyson Foods (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on Jan. 12 2017 got a call on Feb. 15 to come in that Thursday at 8am. Thought she was going to interview me over phone but didn't. Came in but almost got lost but was early for once. Asked simple questions and showed me around the plant to see if I was still interested. Starting pay is 10.50 but their in the middle of a union agreement for 12/hr. Get paid weekly. Awesome sauce! I applied for 2nd shift which starts at 2pm and my orientation starts next week for 2 days also paid. And last but not least have questions to ask interviewer and have I.D. And SS card ready or any other documents saying your name. Got hired after interview and filled out paperwork. 🤓

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tyson Foods (Little Rock, AR) in January 2017.

Interview

It was very normal. not sure if he is interested in taking me or no. but the interview was for 15min . He explained abt the current role and asked me about my previous experience. and it was pretty good. It was very normal. not sure if he is interested in taking me or no. but the interview was for 15min . He explained abt the current role and asked me about my previous experience. and it was pretty good.

Interview Questions

• basic previous experience and current job   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tyson Foods in January 2017.

Interview

I met with and interviewed with four directors, who were paired to interview me as a 2:1. One pair asked questions that were fair, standard and relatable to the role I was interviewing for. The other pair was condescending, aggressive and off-topic. I was asked personal questions that were in no way related to my ability to do the job and I found borderline offensive. When I'd answer a question, one of the interviewers would repeat it back to me but change the details I had said in my response to belittle and patronize my experiences. I had really enjoyed my time networking with other employees with but the interview process (specifically the aggression this one director had) completely turned me off to the company and was disappointing. It may have purposefully been a stress interview, but even so, I think there would've been better ways for them to vet and interview potential candidates.

Associate Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochelle, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tyson Foods (Rochelle, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Two part panel interview lasting about 20 minutes for each part. First panel was four managers and the second panel was three peers. General thoughtful questions by each panel. TSA warehouse so security important.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous employer say are your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Automation and Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tyson Foods (Cumming, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I expected it to be an interview, but half way through he was talking to me as if he already hired me, as the questions turned from tell me about your self, to more so Him telling me about what to expect from he job. Even introduced me to other employees in the department and was asking them "Is there anything you can think of you feel he should know for the job?" They asked me a few questions about PLC controls, but then just kinda BS'ed around with small talk unrelated. Interview last maybe 30 mins of actual job related, and 30 mins of unrelated conversation with guys int he department. After that Said they wanted to schedule a follow interview. After nearly a week of not hearing anything back, I emailed the Maintenance manager with a pleasant thank you for interviewing me and look forward to hearing from you in hopes to give following up interview a little nudge. Well it worked, except he didn't schedule a follow up, rather just offered me the job and gave me the terms over the phone. About 2 days latter received the official offer letter and login information to fill out the companies online pre-employment documents (tax info, personal info, social. etc.) By far the easiest interview I ever had. I was military and was still attached to the navy for another 3 weeks when they hired me, but they generously worked around my schedule. So the entire process probably would of only been a week or so had not been for completing the rest of my military obligation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self. That was basically it. The rest was Him telling me about the company and the job.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tyson Foods (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Group/ Panel, very nice, friendly, and accommodating, ask similar questions in the different panels, it got easier as each panel went by, very difficult to remember everyone's name though. Got back to me in a timely fashion.

Yard Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherman, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tyson Foods (Sherman, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied about a week ago. Receieved a phone call to come into the plant. Asked a few questions regarding specific driving experience if any. Also asked some of the same questions that were online when you first applied. Very easy interview. Hired on the spot and then had a full physical done in their health department. It consisted of a drug test, hearing test, blood pressure, pulse, weight, height, and a few other tests to make sure you don't have pain when bending or twisting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very straight forward did not need to negotiate at all pay was above what I expected.

Human Resources Clerk I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pine Bluff, AR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tyson Foods (Pine Bluff, AR) in November 2016.

Interview

Had two great interviews, however, before even starting the process and posting the job, they should have had a firm pay range. I was initially told it was between $13 - $16 per hour. But then four weeks later they said the pay would be $10.00 per hour. Lot of time wasted for both parties involved.

Interview Questions

• They were going off a script so the questions were pretty basic and easy to answer.   1 Answer