Tyson Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 29, 2018

2.4

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux City, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tyson Foods (Sioux City, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

Informal interview with Sr. Director and Sr. Manager of Continuous Improvement. I was already an employee of the company and worked in the plant i was applying for, though, so my results are probably not typical.

Interview Questions

• This position involves communicating effectively with all levels of Team Members. How do you make sure you communicate effectively with everyone from the hourly TM's doing the work to the SLT (Senior Leadership Team)?   Answer Question

OTR Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tyson Foods (Springdale, AR) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was fast. They were very helpful and polite and provided me with all the information I needed. Training was set a few days after the interview and the entire process went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• How much OTR experience do you have?   1 Answer

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tyson Foods (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

applied online- was directed to a recruitment agency. Then had phone screen with Tyson HR. They then set up an in person panel on site in Chicago.

Everyone was super friendly. Representatives across different seniority (ABM up to Director) and different brands were sent in one by one for a discussion usually between 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Quasi behavioral interview. Lots of walk me through your resume type questions. A lot of questions focused on leadership of teams and cross functionals.   1 Answer

Stacker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkesboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tyson Foods (Wilkesboro, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly easy. You submitted you application online and they called you back to set you up for an interview. Once you go for an interview they show you the plant and ask you what job you want. After going thru that process they set you up a date to take the company physical. When and if you pass the company physical they set a start date for you to go thru Orientation.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Russellville, AR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tyson Foods (Russellville, AR) in June 2010.

Interview

called me in, very nice. took a week to find our. i had to do a calc test. got right. two ladies interviewed me. both were nice and upfront about having others interviewing for position. they discribed the job and expectations. i really wanted the job but they said they found a more qualified person. i still want to work for the company and i am still tring in other positions. seemed liked a good company to work for.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tyson Foods (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted at the International Poultry expo and invited to do an interview with a HR manager at the expo. The interview was conducted immediately after I was invited. A human resource employee and an operations manager conducted the interview. They asked mostly career and academic related questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy. The offer was given over the phone soon after the interview and the full employee contract was sent by email.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tyson Foods.

Interview

There were 2 phone interviews then they brought me to Dakota Dunes for an in person interview. Most of the questions were your typical interview questions and the HR department and warehousing departments were very friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tyson Foods in October 2015.

Interview

First met Tyson at my college's career fair and after a week or two, I was contacted by an HR Rep to set up an on-site interview. There was no compensation for my travels but the interview lasted around 4 hours.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Center, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tyson Foods (Center, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview and then a face to face the next day. Sat in the office for 45 minutes waiting on staff to get everything together, finally they sent someone to give me a tour while they finished up. after the tour i was interviewed by HR and plant manager. At the end they said they would let me know something in 2-3 weeks, after a month I received a rejection email.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tyson Foods (Springdale, AR) in April 2010.

Interview

Interview consisted of three phases-- first was a phone interview, second a dinner with one person with whom I would be working, and then finally a four hour group interview. Talked a lot about the company culture and made it clear that working long hours (more than 40 a week) was the norm, not the exception. One interviewer said something like, sometimes it will be slow and you'll only work 9 hour days.

Interview Questions

First, the salary they offered was comical-- half of what I was willing to accept. They acted as if I was asking for something unheard of when I told them what I wanted. Second, the hours seemed awful. Working hard is great, but living your life only at work is not great. As long as you get your work done you should be allowed to leave on time.