U.S. Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at U.S. Trust

2.7

Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Trust (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with founder in person over lunch. I knew founder since I was a board member. Talked with two board members, the ED and the CFO, via phone. Then talked with founder again. Negotiated contract, which included scope of work, deliverables and payment schedule. Required that I get business insurance.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience in developing social enterprises?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. Trust (Boston, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

This was a good process. Not too thorough, not to lax

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Trust (Portland, OR) in September 2013.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone for an internal job move, never met in person until I arrived, which is pretty neat that it was even an option. It was move halfway across country, but it felt very comfortable and a good fit for both of us.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Trust (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

Contacted by Internal Recruiter. 5 phone interviews. One day of face-to-face interviews with 3 people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Trust in February 2015.

Interview

Applied, had an interview a couple weeks later. Pretty simple behavior questions. Beginning to end process took about a month. Lots of the interns had different experiences so I would not say it was typical.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Trust (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied through University. Multiple phone interviews (more than 10)

Interview Questions

• Actually, the problem was the questions were repeated. Had a hard time coming up with more answers
      What was a morally difficult situation you were placed in and what did you do?   1 Answer

Job role wasn't ideal.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Trust (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Meet with several associates to discuss organization, structure, client interactions, compensation and how long you have been with the larger organization. Also talk about goals, objectives and what you are looking to achieve in making a move from your current organization. Then next steps are agreed upon and recruiter talks about start date and compensation details. An offer let is the next step.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Trust (Atlanta, GA) in December 2011.

Interview

I got a call from a recruiter who gave me an outline of the position and asked if I was interested. He had me apply online and then submit information for a background check. After that he scheduled an in person interview. Went into the office and met with the regional manager, 2 senior PM’s, and an investment associate. Regional manager just gave me an overview of the firm and the business model. Investment associate asked me a lot of questions about my work now. Both PM’s asked me about the CFA, my current work, and some questions about why I wanted to move.

I PM got pretty in depth about the different duration calculations and embedded call options. He also asked me about Monte Carlo vs Straight line analysis. I asked him if he had any concerns and his only response was that I may get bored with all the compliance requirements.

Over all the interviewers were very nice and made me feel comfortable. They all seemed competent and smarter than wirehouse brokers however they didn’t seem as polished from a social and presentation standpoint (exempting the regional manager).

2 weeks later I got an email saying they went with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process is rigged. They know who they will hire before the position is posted to the public or even internally. Then proceed with a farce interview process for unknowing candidates to fulfill legal requirements.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at U.S. Trust (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Applied through a staffing firm. I was granted an interview about a week or so after I applied. My interviewed via telecoference as a couple of my future teammates were located in other cities. I was asked pretty standard interview questions:

Tell me about your experience.
    Are you familiar with our firm?
    Describe how you handle difficult situations
    Etc.

Interview was a breeze and I was hired shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unfair. Well, at least to me. They knew I lacked leverage having been working as a consultant prior. Company took advantage of a weak job market.