U.S. Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.7

Portfolio Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Trust (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview is pretty laid back. Mostly just want to know about your financial experience and any previous jobs you may have had. You start with a phone interview and from there they set up a office interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process is rigged. They know who they will hire before the position is posted to the public or even internally. Then proceed with a farce interview process for unknowing candidates to fulfill legal requirements.

Portfolio Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Trust (New York, NY).

Interview

1st interview with the head of assistants. easy interview just know why you want to work there. Came back two weeks in a row after that to meet with Portfolio Managers. Know about the markets and why they should hire you. Know levels in the markets - where the S&P is, the 10 yr treasury, gold price, oil price etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something interesting you read in the Wall St Journal today.   Answer Question

Trust Administrative Officer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Trust (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The hiring process is extremely competitive and they are very selective and only want the top talent in the financial industry. And most of all the associates have a law degree. I interviewed with about 20 people before finally getting the job. It really was worth it though.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions about my previous work experience and how I could apply those skills and experience to this role.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U.S. Trust.

Interview

The process was very quick. I had a phone interview with the recruiter for the position. I was scheduled for an in person interview the next week. Later that week, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. That day, I was given an offer for the position.

Trust Administrative Officer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Trust.

Interview

First, I received a phone call from HR. The gentleman was very nice and basically asked screening questions about my resume. Then, I received a second call from someone else in HR that pretty much set up the interview. After the phone call, I received an email with all of the details of the interview. The interview itself was ok. It was a panel of 3 employees. They are all very nice and very friendly. After some follow-up, I received an email that stated they would prefer someone that had more experience with trusts, as I did not. Interview was about 45 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• They asked about career goals and where do you see yourself in 5 years types of questions. They already had some questions written down before the interview began. They really asked a lot of questions about my resume and how certain things I did could relate to the position.   Answer Question

Trust Administrative Officer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Trust (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter a few days after submitting an application online. The recruiter asked some basic questions about my experience, and told me about the position. He let me know that he would try to set an interview up for me. I received a call the next day from another recruiter to set up an interview for later that week. Later, I met with two interviewers. They mostly asked about my experience, and how I might handle different situations. The questions were fairly easy and the interview was more about explaining what the job entailed and what the company culture was like. It was a very relaxed interview and I felt very comfortable.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Trust (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Meet with several associates to discuss organization, structure, client interactions, compensation and how long you have been with the larger organization. Also talk about goals, objectives and what you are looking to achieve in making a move from your current organization. Then next steps are agreed upon and recruiter talks about start date and compensation details. An offer let is the next step.

Client Relationship Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Trust (New York, NY).

Interview

I was already working at the investment bank and was asked to interview in person for a pb team. We all liked each other, they liked my background, experience and intelligence and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How I would deal with certain situations typical of their clients.   Answer Question

Legal Trust Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U.S. Trust (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

It starts with a 20-30 minute phone screen. Other locations may do it differently. Once the phone screen is completed you are invited for a interview in the office if they chose you as a potential candidate. You arrive at the facility. Somebody greets you at the door and you are placed in a conference room. Then you are interviewed in front of a panel. They ask several questions specific to the position. They also ask you about your background and why you are interested in the position. After the interview they will tell that they will be in touch. It took 1 month for me to get the call that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate for this position?
      Tell us about background and career goals.   Answer Question