U.S. Vision Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

1.7

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pottsville, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Vision (Pottsville, PA).

Interview

Applied online .One in one with DM Took A long manager test. Was hired in two days without drug test. Excepted a job 69 miles from home. Then transferred in 9 months closer to home.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about yourself . How long have you been in the Optical business   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Interview

The interview process was very short and was lead by one person. I was given a ten key calculator test. I was applying for an accounting position and was asked if I was will to work in the lab.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Vision.

Interview

The entire interview was a negotiation over the phone.

Multiple times I was asked the question what is the least amount of money that you would take to work here?

I was also quizzed on what the benefits were at my current job.

I tried to actually find out what I would be doing at US Vision and inquire about the position but the interviewer kept steering the questions to what are my minimum benefit requirements and my minimum starting salary requirements.

In a nutshell I am guessing the entire interview's purpose was to measure up their benefits ( or pathetic lack there of) to other leading companies in the industry.

Don't waste your time applying for a position here, they are only concerned with hiring the cheapest talent and could care less about you, your well being or your career.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U.S. Vision (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard interview, nothing out of the ordinary. Very friendly District Manager. She was running late to the interview, however, she was professional and answered all of my questions in an honest and straight forward manner.

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glassboro, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U.S. Vision (Glassboro, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with the manager one on one for the department. She was pretty talkative and kept stressing how she was a straight shooter and kept asking me about my excel skills. Their systems are pretty old and they use excel to do their reporting. My guess and from the sounds of it its a very time consuming position. They needed someone to look at their budget files and update them to reflect how they want to show the each business unit and reflect accurate numbers instead of spreading the assumptions across all units. .

Interview Questions

• Asked me about doing budgets, building files, stressed excel skills several times. Most of the questions where focused on my back round.   Answer Question

Manager/Optician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at U.S. Vision (Freehold, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

online test of over 3 hours 2-3 days prior to interview. around 150 questions which tests managerial skills and knowledge. It is must to pass that test to be interviewed personally

During interview i had shown my sales track record so informed that i will get conditional job offer subject to criminal back ground check. received offer letter by email within 2 days.accepted and gave 2 weeks notice to my current employer as i was confident about my criminal back ground check

Interview Questions

• my resume spoke for myself and shown my business records for previous company hats why I was asked supplementary question regarding it. I already passed my written test earlier prior to interview.
      i was asked what i do in my current job?
      1 Answer

Temporary Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blackwood, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at U.S. Vision (Blackwood, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was fine. However not told I needed Advanced Excel skills. Job Description just said "Proficient in Excel" which I am. As a result, after 40+ days of a 90 day "Probation Period", I was let go because I didn't have Advanced Excel skills.

Interview Questions

• How would I feel in a Lower Level position after being in Senior Level positions all my career?   1 Answer

Optical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at U.S. Vision (Miami, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

It was very good I had two interview with two different manager then I had one with the regional manager the first one i had to help the manager with a sale then with talk about the option to grow with the company .Overall it was a great experience.

Optech Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U.S. Vision in May 2015.

Interview

I actually interview while I was grooming the manager dog. It was very easy to speak with her about the job, she felt I had a personality that would fit in with her employees and asked me to come fill out an application.

Interview Questions

• A few algebra questions, how you handle upset customers, the basic questions for retail.   1 Answer

Full-Time Opt Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at U.S. Vision in April 2015.

Interview

I walked in and applied in-store. The process took about 1 week. I waited for the call back and she interview me over the phone. The questions were very easy to answer, nothing you really had to think about.