UAB Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.0

PATIENT ENCOUNTER SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UAB Medicine (Birmingham, AL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online January 11th. Then I was called in to take the typing test and data entry a week later. I received a second phone call two weeks later for an interview. The second interview was the next day. A week and a few days later I received an offer.

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at UAB Medicine (Birmingham, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied in August and got the job in January of the following year. Yes, it takes very long and yes, the process in lengthily. Also, UAB constantly upload and then delete job postings always. So keep applying and when you forgot about it, they'll call.

Interview Questions

• Typical Lab questions, you'll be taught despite your experience.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UAB Medicine (Birmingham, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

got a call from the administrator to put in an application in order to begin the interview process. Once they received the application called me to come in to interview with all the staff. I interviewed with all staff but felt like I was just an affirmative action type interview just to interview someone of color. I never felt welcome in and from the beginning of the interview I felt like the staff didn't want me there. I was told I would hear something by the end of following week, but of course I had to email to find out that I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• Are you playing on going to grad school? Do you have any experience with testing? Do you have any experience with the population we served?   Answer Question

Pct Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UAB Medicine.

Interview

Normal interview! Best one I have had in awhile. Do NOT give up applying for JOBS here. I applied 61 times since March & it is now August. But I'm so excited with the team that I will be working with.

Pct Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UAB Medicine (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Very good experience. Nursing staff was very receptive. The whole entire process was great. The interview went according to plan and was well worth the wait. Some questions hard but had the capacity to answer them.

Clinical Simulation Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UAB Medicine (Birmingham, AL) in June 2016.

Interview

Very strange interview process. Only felt like a meeting and wasn't really asked any important questions. Showed me what their issues were and asked if i was willing to work there.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your previous experiences and how they would relate to this job   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, only went up one dollar during negotiation.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UAB Medicine (Birmingham, AL) in May 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed for UAB Callahan Eye Hospital primarily by my soon to be manager and the rest of the team. I was first called by HR and completed a small phone screen and within that week an interview was set up. During the management interview everything seemed ok.. It wasn't until I met with the team that I felt intimidated. One guy from the team asked questions that seemed inappropriate and childish. I interviewed with the I.T. Department.

Emergency Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UAB Medicine (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

You get to interview with the department and get shown around. Then HR calls you in and asks a few more questions and you turn in your certifications to them and they make copies for your file. It's not a very quick process.

Interview Questions

• Standard fair of questions. Where do you see yourself in X years? What can you offer the hospital? Tell me a time of difficulty and how you overcame.   1 Answer

Fitness Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UAB Medicine (Birmingham, AL) in July 2015.

Interview

A preliminary phone interview with the HR department. There was a mix up on the interview time. i received an email late Monday evening asking if was available Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning for a phone interview. I sent my reply late Tuesday morning and did not receive a confirmation about the time to expect a phone call. Luckily I was home to receive the call but felt I was not well prepared for the preliminary interview

Interview Questions

• Questions about my last position, what salary I wanted;   Answer Question

PATIENT ENCOUNTER SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UAB Medicine (Birmingham, AL) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was very simple and did not last very long if not 30 minutes. Simple behavioral questions were asked. I was offered the position soon after the interview for the float pool.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You will not have an opportunity to negotiate. Reasoning because of the low job level.