UAB Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.2

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UAB Medicine (Birmingham, AL) in April 2017.

Interview

You apply all over the place. Different jobs. You don't get them. You don't know why. You get an interview occasionally. You go. I have to say that it seems to me that in this company interviewers are too warm. It leads one to think she has a chance. I think they need to work on their poker faces. It may be a Southern thing.

PATIENT ENCOUNTER SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UAB Medicine (Birmingham, AL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online January 11th. Then I was called in to take the typing test and data entry a week later. I received a second phone call two weeks later for an interview. The second interview was the next day. A week and a few days later I received an offer.

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at UAB Medicine (Birmingham, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied in August and got the job in January of the following year. Yes, it takes very long and yes, the process in lengthily. Also, UAB constantly upload and then delete job postings always. So keep applying and when you forgot about it, they'll call.

Interview Questions

• Typical Lab questions, you'll be taught despite your experience.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UAB Medicine (Birmingham, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

got a call from the administrator to put in an application in order to begin the interview process. Once they received the application called me to come in to interview with all the staff. I interviewed with all staff but felt like I was just an affirmative action type interview just to interview someone of color. I never felt welcome in and from the beginning of the interview I felt like the staff didn't want me there. I was told I would hear something by the end of following week, but of course I had to email to find out that I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• Are you playing on going to grad school? Do you have any experience with testing? Do you have any experience with the population we served?   Answer Question

Pct Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UAB Medicine.

Interview

Normal interview! Best one I have had in awhile. Do NOT give up applying for JOBS here. I applied 61 times since March & it is now August. But I'm so excited with the team that I will be working with.

Pct Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UAB Medicine (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Very good experience. Nursing staff was very receptive. The whole entire process was great. The interview went according to plan and was well worth the wait. Some questions hard but had the capacity to answer them.

Clinical Simulation Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UAB Medicine (Birmingham, AL) in June 2016.

Interview

Very strange interview process. Only felt like a meeting and wasn't really asked any important questions. Showed me what their issues were and asked if i was willing to work there.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your previous experiences and how they would relate to this job   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, only went up one dollar during negotiation.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UAB Medicine (Birmingham, AL) in May 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed for UAB Callahan Eye Hospital primarily by my soon to be manager and the rest of the team. I was first called by HR and completed a small phone screen and within that week an interview was set up. During the management interview everything seemed ok.. It wasn't until I met with the team that I felt intimidated. One guy from the team asked questions that seemed inappropriate and childish. I interviewed with the I.T. Department.

Medical Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UAB Medicine (Birmingham, AL) in May 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview then in person interview one-on-one with supervisor, then interview with 3 people--upper level management. Most of it was 'tell me about yourself' type stuff and then a few questions about experiences...most of their concrete info about your resume will come from recommendations

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with Medicare and Medicaid?   Answer Question

Emergency Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UAB Medicine (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

You get to interview with the department and get shown around. Then HR calls you in and asks a few more questions and you turn in your certifications to them and they make copies for your file. It's not a very quick process.

Interview Questions

• Standard fair of questions. Where do you see yourself in X years? What can you offer the hospital? Tell me a time of difficulty and how you overcame.   1 Answer