UC Riverside Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2018

2.4

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

One panel interview where they as basic questions on problem solving. There were three interviewers and they all had a set of questions. Once they were finished I got a tour around the lab. They were extremely nice and we're not intimidating at all.

IT Engineer Interview

Interview

The process takes a 2+ months from application to the final interview. Your first get skype interview and then come on campus if selected. Skype interview contains general questions. On campus interview is more about projects

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

you will be interviewed by 2-3 office staff members at the same time; after the first round of interview, if they are interested at you, they will ask you to submit a small assignment related to the position.

Interview Questions

• have you followed our social media? If yes, list 2 things that you like about them and 2 things you dislike about them? If no, list 3 topics you want to post about UCR on our social media.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Simple questions asking if you're friendly and if you mind social contact. More or less to see if you can deal with people since some people can't and so they stuff those people in the back.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

in person interview with all members of the office. You came inside the office and spoke with the head of the department and her staff. They asked why they should hire you and how do you stand out from the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• why should I hire you for this poistion   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

They give you a list of possible questions. Let you look at them and think/write your answers. Then a panel of three people interviews you. The panel usually is made of the supervisor, an employee who has a similar position, and an HR employee.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most difficult days at a past job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UC Riverside in May 2010.

Interview

I applied for the position via online. I was a temp in the position. I interviewed with others. I was offered the position with a few days of the interview.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I was happy to receive the entry level pay but I would suggest anyone to make them a counter offer.

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA).

Interview

I submitted my application, cover letter, and resume on their internal job site. I received a phone call asking if I would be available for an in-person interview. I interviewed with a panel of approximately 4-5 people (I forget how many exactly). One would be my immediate supervisor, the other would be a department head, someone in the same position, and a student.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard for the type of position, but from what I can remember, they asked me to describe a time when I had to make a decision without having all the information. Most of the questions were scenario-based.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA).

Interview

Long hiring process. Several interviews with panel. Tons of spouse hires on campus. I recommend studying about the campus and asking about our business practices. Follow-up can take a long time.

Interview Questions

• Questions were specific to the department I would support.   1 Answer

Teacher's Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Being a TA at UC Riverside, specifically the engineering department, was a good experience that was fairly easy to get into. If you have a good enough GPA as an undergrad (3.5+) at an ABET accredited university and demonstrate financial need, then receiving a teacher's assistant position is not hardest in the slightest. Just a bit of paperwork and training is required to pursue this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Going through the TA training. What classes do you feel qualified in teaching?   Answer Question