UC Riverside Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UC Riverside Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.4

Campus Tour Guide Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview

2 interview process. Both interviews were group interviews where after the first interview, you would get an email inviting you to come back for a second interview or that you did not fit the job description.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview

Panel interview with other management and senior team members. Both technical and behavioral questions, focusing more on your responses on how you tackle the problem and possible solutions. Very friendly and non-stressful environment.

Interview Questions

• User cannot download a software tool they need to use, how do you proceed?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I have completed the online personality test, online case scenarios about analyzing financial records of university, interviewed with a 3 person panel through Skype and described what my skills were at my previous and current employers.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about yourself and your background?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

Interview

The process was as normal. I really just want to create an account to learn more about job opportunities. UCR is not even the real company I wanted to key in here, but the option for the company I was keying in was not available the drop down forced me to select from the options given in order to proceed

Interview Questions

• They did not ask me anything.   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview

Very basic questions and easy interview. Have to present that you are capable to doing what the job description says. Interviewer was really nice and was able to understand that I am a student and that I put school work first before the job.

Dining Services Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview

Process was easy because the school wants the students to have a job. They asked questions mainly on teamwork and whether or not you can balance school and work. It should be easy a a student since it is a student job.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted in a small conference room, with me at the head of the table, and three female managers from different departments taking turns asking pre-scripted questions. A quick introduction of names, titles and duties was given by each manager before the questions began. At the end minimal time was given for me to ask questions. All questions were standard and open-ended. A follow-up skill review was sent via email to test my abilities in analyzing random data and providing suggestions to reduce costs; also, they required I use Excel to create a pivot table and Powerpoint presentation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to you use data to come to make a decision.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA).

Interview

Interview went well, but many factors were hidden from me. For example, I did not learn until a year later that the boss's wife was in fact working as the lab manager, even though she was hidden by the payroll . Clear conflict of interest and it impacted my career to a large extent

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Simple questions asking if you're friendly and if you mind social contact. More or less to see if you can deal with people since some people can't and so they stuff those people in the back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview

Phone Interview. I got a call from the hiring office after I had submitted my application in the office. The student officer at Housing, Dining & Residential Services at UC Riverside asked me one question and let me passed the interview.