UC Riverside Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.4

Financial Aid Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hemet, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Hemet, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a panel interview of 6, not what I would expect for a first interview. How can you format an opinion based off of 6 different people? Aside from that, I received no notice that I did not get the job. I constantly checked my status and after 3 months it finally went from Applicant to Filled. I wish they notified me like they said they would because I was crossing my fingers every day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview

Meet with the PI and go through three rotations lab. Normally each student will stay in each lab for a month. She would learn basics all the projects and the science behind them. Then if she likes the lab, she would ask to stay and wait for the fellowships

Campus Tour Guide Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview

2 interview process. Both interviews were group interviews where after the first interview, you would get an email inviting you to come back for a second interview or that you did not fit the job description.

Receiving Room Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I emailed the position's supervisor my resume because someone told me that CEE was urgently looking for someone. I went in the following day, Tuesday, to meet her and brought in a hard copy of my resume with me. I met her and got the job on the spot. I went in for my first day the next day, Wednesday. I can't fully remember what question she asked, but it was somewhere along the lines of...

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview

Panel interview with other management and senior team members. Both technical and behavioral questions, focusing more on your responses on how you tackle the problem and possible solutions. Very friendly and non-stressful environment.

Interview Questions

• User cannot download a software tool they need to use, how do you proceed?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I have completed the online personality test, online case scenarios about analyzing financial records of university, interviewed with a 3 person panel through Skype and described what my skills were at my previous and current employers.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about yourself and your background?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

Interview

The process was as normal. I really just want to create an account to learn more about job opportunities. UCR is not even the real company I wanted to key in here, but the option for the company I was keying in was not available the drop down forced me to select from the options given in order to proceed

Interview Questions

• They did not ask me anything.   1 Answer

Senior Process Improvement Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Riverside in January 2017.

Interview

Send email to check if still available for phone interview and provide a link to schedule a phone interview. Once you schedule online, will send a confirmation email to notify.

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview

Very basic questions and easy interview. Have to present that you are capable to doing what the job description says. Interviewer was really nice and was able to understand that I am a student and that I put school work first before the job.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted in a small conference room, with me at the head of the table, and three female managers from different departments taking turns asking pre-scripted questions. A quick introduction of names, titles and duties was given by each manager before the questions began. At the end minimal time was given for me to ask questions. All questions were standard and open-ended. A follow-up skill review was sent via email to test my abilities in analyzing random data and providing suggestions to reduce costs; also, they required I use Excel to create a pivot table and Powerpoint presentation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to you use data to come to make a decision.   Answer Question