UCHealth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UCHealth Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UCHealth in February 2017.

Interview

Everyone at UCH was really passionate about healthcare and excited to interview the potential interns. I had a very positive experience. They asked fairly difficult behavioral questions and situational questions about healthcare. There was a phone interview and skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Choose one word you would like a peer to use to describe you and why.   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UCHealth (Aurora, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

One of the hiring managers called me over the phone and we talked for 10 minutes and she decided to bring me in for a more formal interview.
    The interview was a bit off and right off the bat, you could feel the tension in the room. The hiring manager and another manager were in the interview together. They asked the usual behavioral questions.
    When I asked them a question they didn't answer the same way I did. I asked "what's the culture like ?" Their response "it's great!" That's it.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to deal with an upset patient and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Billing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UCHealth (Houston, TX).

Interview

I walk in one day and ask if they were hiring they said yes I left my resume with front office receptionist. Three days Iater i had a interview. One of the doctors called me and the other interviewed me. It was a short and easy process it was comfortable but to straight and direct.

Interview Questions

• Do you know medical terminology and how to spell?   1 Answer

Referral Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UCHealth.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a manager to set up a time for an interview. Showed up early for the interview and met with an awkward hiring manager , who talked through his teeth the whole time. The whole short 15 minute interview was hostile and unexpected. It was apparently just a screening where the hiring manager grilled me about my BA in Public health and why I didn't choose to go on a more clinical path. I found the whole interview to be weird especially since the position didn't require a BA degree. After 15 minutes of awful small talk he informed me that this was just the beginning of the process and I would hear back via email. Three weeks later I received a generic rejection email. I don't think I will be applying for any other positions. After speaking with others it seems they have a hostile interview style that doesn't mesh well with my personality. Also ,on a side note , the manger went on and on about a family atmosphere, but I got the feeling that if you were different or didn't fit into the current environment , they wouldn't be hiring you. I am personally not a fan of mixing my personal life with my work life.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? How would your classmates describe you? How big are your classes?

AKA nothing about the job itself
      Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UCHealth (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Then, I was contacted by a recruiter who arranged an interview with the hiring manager. I was out of state, so I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. The next day, I was contacted by the recruiter with a job offer.

Patient Access Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UCHealth in February 2016.

Interview

Received a call to do an over the phone interview, which led to an in-person panel interview with 3 different departments. First, went over my resume and then continued on with all the basic interview questions. Make sure you bring plenty of copies of your resume to pass around.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult customer
      Why do you want to work here?
      Have you ever dealt with a difficult co-worker?
      Answer Question

Patient Access Registrar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UCHealth (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. I interviewed with 3 members of the team: manager of Patient Registration and two team leads of the the teams the manager overseas. The manager began with an overview of the position, added new information that was not included in the job announcement, went over the duty hours, the location, and work setting. The questions were pretty common: How do you handle conflict? What is the most stressful situation you had to deal with at work and how did you handle it?, etc. They were very upfront with the number of candidates they were interviewing for the position and let me know they would contact me via e-mail with job offer or rejection within the next couple of days. I received a "sorry we went with another candidate" e-mail a week and 1 day after the interview.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UCHealth (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

Very friendly welcoming interview. Hire based on whether you are a good fit for the position as opposed to years of experience.
    A charge nurse and the floor manager interviewed together. Then manager showed you the floor.
    Got the job within 48hrs.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation that you encountered and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UCHealth.

Interview

2 interviews. One with the hiring mgr and a second with a team of managers from the dept. one one one interview was about 40 minutes but the panel interview took about 2 hours. People would call in and ask their questions then drop off.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UCHealth (Denver, CO).

Interview

Phone followed by In person meeting followed by team meeting. Then waited for hr to call with an offer. All contingent on background and drug testing. There was a test on personality and skills

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None