UFCW International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at UFCW International

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UFCW International (Washington, DC).

Interview

Came in through an agency, very uneventful and very unchallenging interview, HR did not really seem to care if the position was filled or how long it was filled for. There was no room to ask questions, person did not emote when interacting with them and they were distracted when talking to them

Organizer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UFCW International (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

The interview process was feeble and seemed over simplified for what they were looking for in an organizer. Their interviewer seemed distracted and rushed yet asked a lot of questions that did not seem relevant to the job. It seemed that I needed to bring life to the interview as the interviewer was just kind of there. No emotion. No interest. It was a bit uncomfortable but when I livened up the interview, or attempted to anyway, it was better but still not good. I did leave wondering how this person got heir job and how they ended up getting promoted to a position that gave them the power, if you will, to make hiring recommendations. I am assuming that his person did not do the hiring as the offer came from someone other than the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• If you knew you had just a year to live, what would be your perfect job?   1 Answer

I didn't feel like the opportunity to advance was part of the deal and I got the impression that the interviewer almost expected that when they hire someone they don't expect them to stay very long. It was an odd interview.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UFCW International.

Interview

I spent time and went through the first the recruiting process, and then the interview process. It was a good experience overall.

One of the questions I like to ask in an interview is what are the challenges with the role. Based on the answer I received and the direction the company took I think they will continue to have the problems they described.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had dealt with employees who have used FMLA before. I have and I answered yes. They wanted more specifics about how we dealt with it and how it made me feel. They then shared they have a lot of employees utilizing it. This told me two things, A) they have constant staffing challenges, and B) Abuse of FMLA means your workplace is not a desired one. Made me very cautious.   Answer Question