UPS Supply Chain Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Supply Chain Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.3

Marketing Management Interview

Interview

Having worked as a contractor w/ UPS for a couple of year-long engagements, I know the corp HQ mktg people and the Alpharetta SCS teams well. In spite of my "inside track" with proven skills and solid recommendations from supervisors and peers, I was treated very heavy-handed indeed in more than one interview undertaken for a regular, mid-management level position. I conclude that HR is hidebound in old school process. However pleasant and human my interviews with hiring managers went, I was eventually handed off to Torquemada, not even in the reporting structure for the target role, who grilled me as if I were a suspect in an investigation. After applying for several mid-mgr roles over time, even those that a UPS recruiter initially brought to my attention (!), I never, once, heard any feedback. No emails, no phone calls, no texts. This after hours of interviews and even a half-day of tests, which cost me a lot of $ due to No Work, No Pay. Simply unprofessional, heavy-handed, rude and inexcusable ways to treat any job candidate. Shame on you UPS HR.

Interview Questions

• I was rudely interrupted several times as I answered rapid-fire situational questions, and seldom got a complete sentence out of my mouth.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a co-op position through the UPS website and was contacted for an interview. The interview was relatively quick and the questions were all in regard to my skills and education (i.e. experience with various languages and development tools). I received an offer within about a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• It may be because it was only a co-op position, but no questions stood out to me in the interview - nothing that was difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Customs Brokerage Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blaine, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions (Blaine, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

There was an initial screening phone interview after I submitted my resume. An interview was scheduled for the following week. The interview itself was at the site and was fairly straight forward. I was offered the position via phone later in the week, precluded by if I passed a background check and a computer skills test.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you had to communicate effectively with someone you did not agree with.   Answer Question

Customs Brokerage Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions.

Interview

Applied online and was called for an interview about a month and did not receive a job offer. Applied again online, was called in for another interview. Very easy going people. Have yet to. hear back from them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions.

Interview

Administrator. The interview consisted of a call to visit the office and then a 30 minute talk regarding my experience and questions regarding the position.

Afterwards, there were a few phone calls with HR which tended to be rather spaced out. They DO call past employers so do not "fluff" the resume too much.

Finally, you get another call with the offer, and you pick your start date.

Negotiation

Backorder Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swedesboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions (Swedesboro, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process was super easy. The two hiring managers were asking questions to determine your interest level and and to determine if you would be a temporary employee or a fixture. They looked for reasons to hire rather than reasons not to hire. There were no tough questions. This was the easiest job interview I've ever had, and I presume it was because they were looking for people to launch the building.

Interview Questions

• How many balloons can you fit in this room and how would you do it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions in February 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview. It was pretty straight forward and only latest about 20 minutes. I got the phone call back less than an hour later that I got the job.

Forklift Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions (Duluth, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was actually threw a temp service.The temp service set up an interview with the supervisor.Once at the interview we took a tour and we were interviewed individually.It was pretty easy because not too many questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• I believe it was pretty much a done deal because we were asked if we wanted to work for them.   1 Answer

District Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

I had two interviews - One, by telephone, followed by an assessment test. I was then invited in to a 3-person panel interview. This interview was with the regional executive, the hiring manager and the HR professional.

I was asked to give a brief background sketch. Next, each person followed a written set of questions, as well as one role-play situation. This was followed by an opportunity to discuss any questions I had. This led into a discussion about local management philosophy and specific job expectations. This also included questions about the resources available to help excel in the position and the role that regional management played in the support of the local organization.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were situation based. The most difficult were surrounding handling customer dissatisfaction and subsequent account growth.   Answer Question

Test Repair Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mira Loma, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions (Mira Loma, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

For the interview process you are originally contacted by an HR representative online to schedule a date for the interview. At the interview, you are interviewed by a technical and an HR representative. They ask you general personality questions such as your strengths, weaknesses, skills, what type of person do you think a great employee is and scenario questions. They then get a little technical and ask you about what operating systems you have used and what hardware interfaces you have used. Overall I felt my experience was good but I think I may have been overqualified for the job as the job asks for a high school diploma and I have a degree. This is an entry level technician job.