UPS Supply Chain Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.3

Hub Sorter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions (Riverside, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interveiw was simple. Everything. About the job was explained. The only questions were what hours did i want ,Was i in school, and would i be able to physically do the job.

Interview Questions

• Thry asked if i was in school?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions.

Interview

The process: After you get a call, you go and take a typing test, and once you pass, you then come back for an interview with the three Supervisors and Manager. They will notify you if they chose you. The pay is good. Weekly, good benefits that include incentives. Tuition assistance as well. They also love to give back to the community. Which is a good thing to participate in if you can. Overall good job. Like with any job with, there is drama, but you are there to get a check. The only thing is accounting is the lowest paid department maxing out to about 17-18 an hour. You would WANT
    to move to a different department. Don't stay there.

Marketing Management Interview

Interview

Having worked as a contractor w/ UPS for a couple of year-long engagements, I know the corp HQ mktg people and the Alpharetta SCS teams well. In spite of my "inside track" with proven skills and solid recommendations from supervisors and peers, I was treated very heavy-handed indeed in more than one interview undertaken for a regular, mid-management level position. I conclude that HR is hidebound in old school process. However pleasant and human my interviews with hiring managers went, I was eventually handed off to Torquemada, not even in the reporting structure for the target role, who grilled me as if I were a suspect in an investigation. After applying for several mid-mgr roles over time, even those that a UPS recruiter initially brought to my attention (!), I never, once, heard any feedback. No emails, no phone calls, no texts. This after hours of interviews and even a half-day of tests, which cost me a lot of $ due to No Work, No Pay. Simply unprofessional, heavy-handed, rude and inexcusable ways to treat any job candidate. Shame on you UPS HR.

Interview Questions

• I was rudely interrupted several times as I answered rapid-fire situational questions, and seldom got a complete sentence out of my mouth.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champlain, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions (Champlain, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Took about two weeks to get an interview, but was hired within one week of completing the interview. Very friendly staff and prompt call backs and email follow-up. The interview was long, with LOTS of questions, but the supervisor I interviewed with was very down to earth and I felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were put in an uncomfortable situation and explain how you dealt with that.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a co-op position through the UPS website and was contacted for an interview. The interview was relatively quick and the questions were all in regard to my skills and education (i.e. experience with various languages and development tools). I received an offer within about a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• It may be because it was only a co-op position, but no questions stood out to me in the interview - nothing that was difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions (Buffalo, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

It was with the Operation Manager. She was extremely nice and explained everything in details. The whole hiring process took about 4-6 weeks. You have to dress business casual for the interview. It was like 15-20 minutes process.

Anonymous Employee in Blaine, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions (Blaine, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

There was an initial screening phone interview after I submitted my resume. An interview was scheduled for the following week. The interview itself was at the site and was fairly straight forward. I was offered the position via phone later in the week, precluded by if I passed a background check and a computer skills test.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you had to communicate effectively with someone you did not agree with.   Answer Question

Customs Brokerage Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions.

Interview

Applied online and was called for an interview about a month and did not receive a job offer. Applied again online, was called in for another interview. Very easy going people. Have yet to. hear back from them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions.

Interview

Administrator. The interview consisted of a call to visit the office and then a 30 minute talk regarding my experience and questions regarding the position.

Afterwards, there were a few phone calls with HR which tended to be rather spaced out. They DO call past employers so do not "fluff" the resume too much.

Finally, you get another call with the offer, and you pick your start date.

Negotiation

Backorder Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swedesboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS Supply Chain Solutions (Swedesboro, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process was super easy. The two hiring managers were asking questions to determine your interest level and and to determine if you would be a temporary employee or a fixture. They looked for reasons to hire rather than reasons not to hire. There were no tough questions. This was the easiest job interview I've ever had, and I presume it was because they were looking for people to launch the building.

Interview Questions

• How many balloons can you fit in this room and how would you do it?   1 Answer