US Green Building Council Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Green Building Council Interview Questions

Media and Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Green Building Council in August 2015.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview. They seemed to be in the middle of hiring a lot of people so it took about two months to get through. While I was always told I would hear back in 1 week, it always took them 2. The first two rounds went well and they seemed interested in hearing from me. The final round was really disappointing. The interviewer didn't seem invested in the conversation from the get-go. I actually have no idea why they asked to set aside that time since I knew as soon I spoke to her that she wasn't going to choose me.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Green Building Council (Washington, DC).

Interview

It took three months to be contacted for my first interview. For my first interview, I met with human resources, then peers in the department and a director. My second interview was with the vice president of the department. It took about 4 weeks to receive an offer. The interviews each had overlapping questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much opportunity for negotiation. Even though it's a non-profit, salaries are competitive with the for-profit sector. Raises are usually modest and infrequent.

Talent Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Green Building Council (Washington, DC) in July 2014.

Interview

Very friendly and creative environment. Due to travel schedules I met first with the senior person and later with the more junior people. The senior person asked me to walk through my resume with him. He had a list of questions to ask me but it ended up being more conversational. He let me now some things that had been a concern with the previous person filling the position, such as proactive follow up and attention to detail, and asked me to address how I attend to those issues. I was invited back for a second interview with his junior staff. I was not selected for the position but received an offer from another organization shortly thereafter. US GBC seems like a great place to work - very fun and creative, and also serious about their work. And of course, a beautiful green building to work in.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Green Building Council.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview. The interviewer seemed to be writing down what I was saying, because there were long pauses after each question.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was able to fix technical computer problems-- something that was not listed on my resume   Answer Question

Communications Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Green Building Council.

Interview

After applying for the communications associate position, I received a phone call setting up a time for an interview. We scheduled an in-person interview. I made plans to go to DC. Two days later, I got a phone call saying they changed the interview to a phone interview with two people.

The phone interview was pretty standard. We went through my strengths, weaknesses and previous responsibilities. Towards the end of the interview, I asked what the next step was. They said they would be contacting applicants about the second round of interviews within the next two weeks.

After two weeks without any contact, I followed up via email. A week later, I followed up again. I didn't hear anything. Two months later, I received a generic email saying they appreciate my interest but they hired someone else.

The lack of follow up was disappointing.

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Green Building Council (Washington, DC) in August 2012.

Interview

Three tiered process with the HR person, team leads, and senior staff. Met with the HR person first, which I didn't expect and then with the people that would be my direct supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Green Building Council in December 2011.

Interview

Interview was scheduled over a month after I submitted my resume and application. Interviewed first with head of HR, and then with 4 members of the specific USGBC team I would be working with. Interview was pretty relaxed, but they did ask a lot of technical questions (as to be expected for this specific position). There were also general questions you would expect at any interview (strengths, weaknesses, etc). Generally a positive experience. It was hard to read the tone of the room, but I think it went pretty well. Waited again another month until I heard back from the company.

Interview Questions

• Take me through an example project from start to finish, explaining how you handled challenges along the way.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Green Building Council (Washington, DC) in November 2009.

Interview

Initial phone call from HR to set up interview and explain job. Interview in person with HR and department head. In about 1 week received an offer.