USRA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USRA Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.5

Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USRA.

Interview

First, they were unprepared. It took them half an hour hour to set up a webex line with 3 participants. I had some relevant work background in the field they were hiring for. So, I explained my work background and they asked me possible ways to improve the airport throughput... I had worked on the sample airport before, so I explained through my previous findings. The interview took a different turn after I explained them why a method they proposed during the interview wouldn't make sense from the airline revenue management perspective. They asked some more specific skill based questions and one interviewer started to ask questions more relevant to his graduate work and less relevant to my graduate work. He solved a simple problem on a simple graph compared to the graph I had in my mind. He asked me solution complexity versus the input size. It differs based on what network you solve it for. He didn't like my answer and then started to prove that I had no idea of what I was doing when I was doing my graduate work. It was overly aggressive and childish. I hung up after enduring that ridicule for 7-8 mins.

Interview Questions

• What software tools have you used. Can you process terrabytes level of data? Have you used matlab?   Answer Question

Scientific Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USRA.

Interview

The process took less than 3 weeks. They were very quick responding to e-mails I had and the phone screen and interview were not difficult. They were clear with what the job entailed and what the benefits the company had to offer.

NIFS Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at USRA.

Interview

Phone interview, got a call later that day letting me know I got the internship. Overall, really simple interview, none of the questions were to difficult and none were very surprising either. They mainly wanted to get to know me and learn about the experience I had. The process was very basic and I was surprised that I got a call back that quickly. I would recommend going through the process.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at USRA (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

- Misunderstanding between HR and the project leaders during the interview process.

- Lack of communication within the interview group.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, but not consistent with the job description!   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. Most promises during the interview were not honored afterward. My advice would be: keep looking for other jobs.

Research Scientist/Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USRA (Idaho Falls, ID) in January 2010.

Interview

I had already done a fellowship with them and they already knew me so the interview was straight forward. I would recommend doing an internship or fellowship with them and then your work speaks for you.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the normal questions why I wanted to work there so nothing to surprising.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was my first job and the pay was what I expected so I accepted

Adminisratrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moffett Field, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USRA (Moffett Field, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

One on one and group interviews.

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. Either accept their terms or not accept.