Uamc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

2.6

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uamc (Tampa, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I received the email to invite me to the interview at their Tampa office for the position which applied one and half month ago. The interview took less than 30 minutes. It was a one on one interview. Because the Marketing Manager of Uamc, who the position has to report to is not working at the Tampa Office, I interviewed with the Marketing Manager of Lennar.

Interview Questions

• What do you do at your free time? What is your interest?   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uamc (Tampa, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a panel interview with branch manager and human resources manager. Interview took approximately 30 minutes and asked fairly standard interview questions. Be prepared to back up the answers you provide.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uamc (Clearwater, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with this company June 8th. I sent them a thank you email. I received a reply 5 days later saying that someone in one of the team mate's families passed away and that they are still considering me and to hang in there. Two weeks and 2 days go by and I haven't heard a thing. So, I did a follow up to see if they had made any hiring decisions yet. I was told that they brought on two interns and that was holding them back from interviewing more people, and that they would be interviewing more people the next week. I was sure that meant I wasn't chosen, so I asked for feedback. The Manager would not give me feedback because she said they are still interviewing and she will only tell me if I haven't been chosen. This company seems so disorganized and they don't have a clue what they are doing. It is ridiculous that they cannot make a hiring decision in a reasonable amount of time. I have given up and moved on.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like HR? What job would you choose if there was no HR?   Answer Question

Junior Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Uamc in June 2016.

Interview

I went in the office and interviewed with several department managers and supervisors. I was asked several questions and they were very pleased with my experience and personality. I also enjoyed the staff and agreed on the offer

Interview Questions

• What experience I had
      How many years of experience did I have
      Answer Question

Senior Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Uamc (Tempe, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Very lax, it is your typical interview. They are trying to gauge your personality more than your ability. At the end, they give you a written test. Make sure you study up, because the better you do on the test the more you can get paid.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions, but more personality based then skill based.   Answer Question

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Uamc (Tampa, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Contacted them directly in December 2013 since I did not see job postings but I knew a loan officer who worked there and made impressive money (north of $120k). They set me up with an interview with one of their managers, Julie Ruona (not the sales manager/VP). The interview went quite well and it became apparent that my skillset and lifestyle would fit perfectly. Julie seemed to be very interested in hiring me, but she did not ever send me an offer letter or request anything from me. I was working at the time and making good money so I was not terribly concerned. I followed up about two weeks later with both Julie Ruona and their office admin. I left voicemails for both and sent emails to both with no response ever received. In hindsight I discovered that the branch had slowed a bit and they were not considering hiring, but I still (then and now) find it to be unprofessional to completely ignore followup inquiries from a well-qualified candidate. Julie seemed incredibly knowledgable and professional in my interview so I was surprised to not hear back from her. I am sure she was very busy though, as everyone at this company always seems to be very, very hard at work. About 6 months elapsed and I saw a job posting for a UAMC Loan Officer. I decided to re-apply. This time, I was contacted much faster (within 3 days) and they set up an interview for their sales manager/VP Shaun Owens. Shaun seems like an awesome guy, very friendly and outgoing, but knowledgeable and confident. I got along with him well and did not feel the need to "adapt" at all like I do in most job interviews. I followed up consistently and professionally and received a verbal offer nearly 3 weeks after my interview. They requested proof of my college degree and then verified employment dates and the circumstances under which I left for EVERY SINGLE one of my previous employers. They also asked probing questions about compensation and if the company would hire me back. I was required by HR to submit an explanation for a minor discrepancy in dates verified for a job I held 8 years ago. I also had to take a urinalysis (drug test). After jumping all the hurdles I receive a written offer with a nearly immediate start date. I accepted the offer, and I have not heard of ANY other companies where you can make a solid $120k+ as a loan officer without generating any of your own business. Although it may seem excessive, I was impressed by the thoroughness of UAMC/Lennar's hiring process. In my experience as a branch manager, MOST resumes are falsified, often with academic credentials that are not accurate, or made up titles and/or salaries or dates. This company is not interested in liars or druggies, they want honest, hardworking, educated people handling their business. I have never been through a more rigorous screening process except for perhaps joining the military. I hope this review helps candidates seeking employment with this awesome company, or deters those unfit for employment with them.

Interview Questions

• They were not that interested in learning about my past training or job performance, and more about who I am as a person. They did not ask any cliche questions about my biggest success or biggest failures, the interview was very real and open. The VP interviewing me asked some general questions to get me talking about myself to learn who I am, then once he decided I was a good fit he opened himself up for questions, then discussed compensation, very point blank.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is a large homebuilder with a process set-up at a corporate level and hiring is handled by a dedicated HR department. There is no room for negotiation as their comp plan is universal for all loan officers, as well as their initial draw program and base salary+car allowance.

Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Uamc (Tempe, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

No comment- it is one on on and reqires a rigourous test at the end. They ask general questions about the industry and they are the primary lender for Lennar Homes

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UAMC   1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Uamc (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Interview with Assistant Underwriting Manager and Underwriting Manager in a combined interview. Problem was the Assistant Underwriting Manager and Underwriting Manager were across the room from each other instead of side by side. It made it hard to decide who to look at while responding to questions. That is the only real complaint I had about the interview.

Interview Questions

• A test case was given and it would have been nice to find how well you did overall on the test case.   1 Answer

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Uamc (Tampa, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Interviewed in 12/2013 with production manager Julie Ruona. She seemed to be impressed with me but did not call or return my calls. They did not hire anyone, but I followed up and got a second interview 06/2014. This was with the branch manager, Shaun Owens. We stayed in touch as he narrowed down the list of candidates. I got the job offer two weeks later, pending drug test and background/credit checks. Cleared all and Started 07/2014.

Interview Questions

• Q: They asked about working weekends.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, every loan officer gets the same base salary and commission plan.

Senior Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uamc (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Had initial interview, which included an extensive test to verify experience and knowledge in the field. Had 2nd interview to discuss job responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• This company requires you to go thru weeks of training, prior to giving you a pipeline and letting you work on files.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As a single mom, I did not negotiate for this job. I actepted their offer and did my best to prove myself as an asset to the company.