Undertone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Undertone Interview Questions

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Undertone (Chicago, IL).

Interview

1 phone interview
    2 face to face interviews
    presentation.

The process was really painless. If you don't feel comfortable presenting or are worried you'll get grilled during it, don't, the people at Undertone truly are some of the nicest people I've had the pleasure of interviewing with. Very painless.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Undertone (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews, detailed/complex PowerPoint presentation assignment, kept me waiting over a month, and then no offer. Started with a phone screen, then a 1:1 with the CRO, then came back to present my presentation, then met with the President. Entire process took about a month. Originally applied to work with the CRO, they told me that they gave that position to someone else but thought I would be a good fit to support the President, so I met with him, and it went well. Their final decision/statement to me was that they were not going to fill that position right now, which made me feel like it was a colossal waste of time. I would've felt better about it if they told me they chose someone else.

Interview Questions

• PowerPoint Questions:

How would you handle the following situations?

1. Mike has requested we host a Q1 Quota Crushing Celebration for the team at 340 Madison (outer offices are

celebrating separately). This will take place over lunch and will be open to all 190 of the employees sitting here

in the office. Please walk us through the steps you would take to plan this party including the deliverables that

you would present to Mike.

2. Mike has just returned from a tech conference in San Francisco and collected business cards of 75 potential high

profile clients. He wants to send a personalized note to each of them and prioritize meetings out of the

responses. Please walk us through how you would manage this process.

3. Mike is planning to travel to all major offices to deliver the Quarterly Business Review to employees in each

location. You are assigned the responsibility for all logistics for this trip, how do you handle the preparations?

Assume the following:

 Mike is starting this trip out of the NYC office

 The major office locations include NYC, Chicago, San Francisco and London

 He will need a minimum of one business day in each location   1 Answer

Creative Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Undertone (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on Linkedin. Got an email to arrange a phone call with the talent director.

Phone call went well we moved on to a take home test and then scheduled the interview. Simple Fullscreen Ad page. Nothing to crazy.

Went to the interview, where we discussed the take home test and felt the interview went very well.

Wrote a follow-up email and heard back from the talent director promising they'll get in touch the next week.

Waited next week, no phone call or email Followed up for a second time. The talent director wrote back stating things were very busy that week and if I'd like to hop on a phone call next week to discuss further. Arranged the phone call to find out that I didn't get the position.

It was disappointing to have waited almost 3-4 weeks, in close contact to find out about rejection.

It felt like good news was going to be discussed after the interview... at least thats how it sounded like.

Company looks like its a great place to grow and learn. Just wasn't happy with the hiring process.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Undertone (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Extremely organized, quick, and thorough. Very little, if none, delay in communication as to next steps, follow-ups, and invites. The interview portion quickly moved to a presentation format, with enough time to prepare for a meeting. HR provided all the info, PPT template, and who would be invited, so as not to be surprised. All attendees (from interview and presentation) were on-time, accounted for, and attentive.

Interview Questions

• Interviewed with key people in the organization that I would either be reporting to or working alongside. Not the typical "tell me about yourself" questions at all, nor did I have to go through my work history. Each colleague was well-prepared with a LinkedIn review and/or resume copy. We spent the time speaking about my current role, what I was missing in that role, and how Undertone would be a good fit. Remainder of the interview focused around the new role itself, challenges, future, etc.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Undertone (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by the HR representative on the phone, then in person by two hiring managers; very friendly and informal interview.

Time passed without any feedback. Dead silence from their side. For this reason, my feedback is negative.

Interview Questions

• What are you currently working on? What did you work on?   Answer Question

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Undertone.

Interview

Typical interview questions. Very informal and rather rude interviewer. Continually interrupted me, wouldn't let me finish what I was saying and talked over me. I never felt like I was able to actually talk about my capabilities in full or get my point across. Kept asking about my current job which was not related to the position I was interviewing for. She said I would get an email about the next steps at the beginning of the next week. When I did, the email itself stated that I was not a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• Q: What kind of roles have you taken on in your current position?   Answer Question

Director of Events Interview

Interview

I had an initial screen with HR which was pretty neutral, and then received a rejection form email a few days later, which seemed pretty impersonal given that I had directly communicated multiple times with them.

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Undertone (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied with Undertone at the end of February and received an email almost 20 days later asking if I would like to set up a phone interview. We scheduled it for the following week. I spoke with someone from Talent Acquisition and she told me more about the job and company, asked me questions about my background, why would I be a good fit? Tell me about your work. Questions like that. She thanked me and said she would get back to me by the end of the week (It was Monday or Tuesday when I spoke with her). Friday came and went and I figured I'd give it a few weeks since you never know what's going on at these companies. After 3 weeks I email her to tell her how I was still interested in the position, the next day I receive an email saying I'm, "no longer being considered for the role."

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Undertone (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Very basic question and answering. Interviewers are very warm and relaxed. The process is very competitive, but the interview is very laid back. Questions asked related to your resume and the position and the value you would be able to provide for the company. They then provided more of an overview of the position and Undertone as a company. Seems like a great company and I was really happy with the interview process!

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Undertone in February 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with the talent manager for the position, one in person interview with the office director, then a phone interview with the VP of Sales and a final presentation. The presentation was based off of a given assignment and pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?   1 Answer