Unigen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

I Prefer Not to Say Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unigen (Fremont, CA).

Interview

Interviewed by the wife of the owner who was the Exec. VP. Simple and easy questions. Job-related experience and skills. The wife gave me an offer on the spot and I negotiated for few dollars more. Wait a few days and the HR phoned me that they accepted my negotiated salary.

Interview Questions

• More about the job experience and skills related questions.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unigen (Fremont, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

You will have a preliminary interview with HR, then a phone interview with your immediate supervisor, then a face to face with a group of about four peers. Most of the questions were pretty basic. There were no trick questions like if you sit in a boat on a lake holding a rock and throw the rock overboard, does the water go up or down.

Interview Questions

• It was a design challenge type question...if you were designing x, what would be your approach.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unigen does not provide severance pay and they don't really negotiate on salary or benefits. About the only thing I negotiated was my start date

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unigen (Fremont, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First is the phone screening from the Staffing Program Specialist.
    Afterwards, there was a face to face interview with the Product Manager, SVP of Operations, Sr. Director of Product Marketing, and System Qualification Test Engineering Manager. The face to face interview took about 4 hours.
    Lastly, there was a final interview with the FAE hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• It's common where Unigen and other SSD vendors will use the same controller model (e.g. Marvell 88SS9187) for their SSD product (e.g. 2.5" SATA III SSD).
      Also, Unigen and other SSD vendors will release new FW (same controller model) at different intervals.
      There are instances where other SSD vendors will release a new FW version before Unigen.

Scenario:
      A customer is aware of the new FW version (from a different vendor but same SSD controller model) and asks if they can apply the new FW on the Unigen SSD.
      In addition, the customer has read the release notes and there is a FW fix, which the customer needs.

How would reply to the customer? Is this recommended?   Answer Question

Human Resources Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Unigen (Fremont, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Exhaustive, nearly 3 hour interview answering the same questions over and over again. Some of the questions were hypothetical and convoluted. I was left to wait for 20 minutes before my interview began. I sat in a hot room and waited for each interviewer to come in. There were 3, and all of them were late. It was a one on one interview for about an hour at a time with these people, all of which had essentially the same questions. This is after two phone interviews. I did not get the job and frankly, I think that's a good thing.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage up? Why was your most difficult boss difficult? What could they have changed? What is your weakness? What would you do on your first day here and no one was around to direct you? How do you deal with people of different ethnicities and backgrounds? and more and more and more.   1 Answer

Production Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Unigen.

Interview

I went in for multiple interviews. First there was the phone screening. Pretty straight forward, then met with HR, management, then upper management. Upper management then gave the offer and followed up with paperwork that needed to be signed.

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unigen (Fremont, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

You will get a phone screen. You will then go for a one on one. Then you will sit down with someone that will probably not be there in the next 2 months. You will be asked for a CA ID and SSC. Then you will take a tour of the facility.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unigen (Fresno, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone screen from HR, follow by onsite interview. Talk to the team members about your resume during resume. No technical questions. All about explaining your past experiences. Waite about two weeks after the onsite interview. Got offer letter from them.

Technician Interview

Interview

I was hired by my friends mom, it was easy. When I went in, a lady came to talk to me and 5 of my other friends. We were hired as soon as we stepped into the building, it was a case of whether or not we wanted the job, which we obviously did.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I could not negotiate, but the hours were flexible. I was allowed to go to work whenever I wanted and leave whenever, but there was a timecard and I was paid minimum wage.

Order Management Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Unigen (Fremont, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

interview was scheduled for 4 hours and to meet with HR Manager, Hiring Manager, VP of Finance and Sales Manager. interview with each person was scheduled for an hour, it took about 45 minutes with each individual. Questions including how to coach the team, how to motivate the team, how to discipline unacceptable behavior, what process change did i make.

Interview Questions

• any process change and how the team received it   1 Answer

Process Engineer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unigen (Fremont, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview began with a quick chat with a HR. The HR asked basic questions: Tell me a little bit about yourself, what was your most difficult situation and how you handled it, how much salary do you want? There were 4 interviewers: 1 Manager, 3 Engineers. The interview took 2.5 hours. Each interviewer asked different questions. Some asked about my background and work experience. Some tested my technical knowledge.