Unishippers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Unishippers Interview Questions

Interviews at Unishippers

2.8

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unishippers.

Interview

Started off with a job fair and short interview. From there I got a call to meet with managers. Had a little hw assignment. Went on a ride along. One other interview then got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Give three reasons why Unishippers is a good fit for you and 3 reasons why you are a good fit for Unishippers.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unishippers (Auburn Hills, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

Send resume to branch manager/owner, contact via telephone to set-up interview time and date. First interview was with the owner, the second interview was with the owner again and then his head of logistics and the sales manager all separately. Then there was an offer placed for a salary base and commission structure, along with a non-compete agreement. Management is looking for an aggressive, go-getter type so be certain to emphasize this during your interview. They like "hunters" and former high school and/or college athletes abound in this company overall. A competitive type of person is what they are seeking out for their sales staff additions to the team, so be sure to highlight past achievements in sales (or sports or other competitive type of environment you might have excelled within if not having sales experience). You want to highlight that you are not an account manager but more of a new business developer and willing to bring new business on board on a consistent and ongoing basis.

Interview Questions

• Probably most important, hence the most difficult, would be describing a situation in which you had to perform to a certain level/achieve a certain quota in sales and whether you reached that goal, why or why not (I would go with WHY rather than why not in this scenario, by the way)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is an entry level sales position for the most part, so pretty competitive pay as far as they go in my experience. If you have a book of business you are bringing on board with you, I would definitely negotiate a larger percentage in commission (rather than the standard 10% they offer new sales employees) and/or higher base salary - although higher percentage in commission will look better (means you are confident in your ability to bring in business and are willing to get paid for performance rather than receive a fat salary and smaller commission pay out. A written offer will be sent to you with the standard $32,500 salary plus 10% of profit in commission monthly for your accounts you bring business in from.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unishippers.

Interview

Very clean and crisp interview process. The HR department is very helpful all the way through the process. The field day was a great way to feel out the job and see if it was the right fit for both sides.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unishippers (Boston, MA) in October 2018.

Interview

I drove down to interview on the last Monday of October at 10:00am, which to beat Monday morning rush hour traffic to Boston required me to leave at 6:30am (to make a normally one hour drive). Overall, the drive took me three hours due to weather and traffic. When I arrived, my entire interview was all of 35 minutes and I had to pay $40 to park in the garage on site (which I was not reimbursed for). I was offered a second interview for a ride along the following Tuesday, which I accepted. A couple days later, the guy who interviewed me called and asked if I could reschedule my second interview from Tuesday to Thursday, which to try and be agreeable I said yes. Then on Wednesday, the day before my second interview was originally rescheduled to, the guy texted me to request that we move the interview from Thursday to Friday, which I reluctantly accepted. Neither of these reschedulings of my second interview came with any apology for, or explanation as to why he needed to reschedule. Having not heard anything on Thursday and assuming everything was all set, I paid for a bus ticket and traveled down the night before and stayed at a friends' house in the greater Boston area to avoid Friday morning rush hour traffic, as my interview was scheduled for 9:30am. At 8:30am Friday morning, exactly one hour before my interview was to take place and as I was walking out of the door, I received a call claiming that there was a family emergency the guy needed to attend to, and thus cancelled my interview for the third time, and that he would contact me either "later that day or the Monday after the weekend to reschedule the interview." I would not have thought twice about the so-called "family emergency", but the combination of two reschedulings, the timing of the phone call coming at exactly 8:30am, and the lack of actual emotion in the interviewer's voice on the call surrounding his "emergency situation" made me feel that it was all too clean to actually be true.

My suspicion was confirmed when I did not hear from the guy that day, the following Monday, or any of the eleven days after the third cancellation. During this time, I interviewed at a different company and was offered a position, which I accepted. After accepting the position at the other company, I sent an email saying that "once I realized there was zero intent of actually rescheduling the interview, I accepted another job and was removing myself from consideration for the position at Unishippers." Only then did the interviewer try to frantically contact me to apologize for his mishandling of the interview process and trying to essentially get me to forgive him for the way he handled everything, to which I did not respond to any of his repeated attempts at contacting me.

The entire handling of the process by this individual was extremely unprofessional, and his qualifications as the one in charge of personnel decisions should be reviewed, as he is seemingly not experienced enough in the field to be in charge of such important decisions. He showed zero remorse for having inconvenienced me by changing the interview multiple times, forcing me to take three days off of work (which I could not afford to do), or driving down the night before and waiting to call me as I was on my way to the interview. After having gone through this ordeal, I believe that the entire process is a microcosm of the overall culture in existence at Unishippers, and I am extremely glad I did not accept the position.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unishippers.

Interview

I went in for an interview and met with the hiring manager. The interview was very unprofessional and all he did was ask me about what I did in school and what sports I like. I did not get an offer. He called me back for a second interview and The interview was only 20 minutes this time. Again I did not get an offer. Interviewing with a company that does not want to bring me on but waste my time twice to tell me that I don't have the job is pointless. The company needs a new interviewing process. I am glad I don't work for the company. I would have failed for not answering enough questions about my school days.

Interview Questions

• What sports did you play in high school? What was your stat line?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unishippers (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Chaotic. Lots of recruiters--red flag. I got conflicting messages from them. They are desperate to hire. Two new employees in my training class wore ankle monitors.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unishippers.

Interview

It starts with a phone interview, then they ask you to come interview at their office. The interview was not what I was expecting because it was a group interview with 13 other people all fighting for the one position. It went against everything that I learned from business school.

Interview Questions

• They ask questions in front of other interviewees like, “why would you be a better fit than the person sitting next to you?”   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Unishippers (Boston, MA) in November 2018.

Interview

Had an in-person interview with Kyle in the Boston office which went well and I was invited back for a ride along day. After the ride along day I was told to take the night to decide if this job was something I would consider doing since my commute was pretty far, but I informed them I was planning on relocating anyways. I called Kyle back the next day and told him I was excited and ready for the next step in the interview process. To which I waited 4 days and received no response, I had to hear from the recruiter that he felt I wasn’t interested in the job. It seems like a good company to work for I’m just surprised the hiring manager couldn’t reach out to me and be a little more professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unishippers (Midvale, UT) in July 2018.

Interview

Phone screen, group interview, one on one interview, shadowing, additional one on one interview.

This had to be one of the shadiest interviews I've been to. At the end of the group interview the recruiters tell us that the interview is over and that they will contact us within 48 hours. Afterwards, both interviewers go out to the hallway, come back and say that some of us need to stay because we have incomplete applications. That they need to get additional information. The other two candidates leave. Then we ask what information they need. They say they don't need any, that's just a way to get rid of the other applicants. Then four interviewers come out and start doing one on one interviews. Then a personality test. I came back the next day for a shadow, at the end of that I have a one on one interview. I am told they will discuss the decision with the people I shadowed, etc. I leave the building and literally one minute later I get an email notification saying that I wasn't selected. I didn't mind all the interviews but be honest and transparent. If you can't be honest during the interview processare you going to be honest with your employees???

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Unishippers (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2018.

Interview

They start with a 15 min phone interview and then invite you for a group interview day they call 'exploration' day. After the group interview/questions, you can then do a one on one interview with a manager and then a personality test.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the table that puts you ahead of others?   1 Answer