United Blood Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

United Blood Services Interview Questions

Interviews at United Blood Services

2.7

Lab Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Blood Services (San Luis Obispo, CA).

Interview

Currently undergoing the interview process. First I had a phone interview with the HR manager. A few days later I received a call back for a personal interview at the blood center to interview in person with the HR manager and the Lab Director. I am in the process for a third interview that is another personal interview with the HR manager and other individuals that I am not sure who I will interview with. They had told me that if I passed this interview process I would have a last fourth interview that is a peer interview with employees that would there and that I would have to work with.

Has anyone gone through this process as well?

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of when something in your work place was inefficient for you and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Recruitment Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Blood Services.

Interview

Met with recruitment director first and then met with area center manager. Then took a personality assessment and drug test. Got phone call with offer. Which was more than anticipated and accepted.

Interview Questions

• How are your Communication skills   1 Answer

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Blood Services.

Interview

You are first interviewed by a temp agency, then they set you up with an interview at UBS. If they like you they usually hire you on the spot. They show you the schedule area etc.
    Then once you are hired you are technically hired with the temp agency, trained for 3 months then sent out to the field. After 30 days and you "prove" yourself theyd ecide if they want to hire you permanently

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Blood Services.

Interview

Applied and was contacted to attend a meeting describing the position. In the meeting we were told that the 10 persons who had made it that far would receive an interview the following week. If we were not contacted, we were told to phone the Supervisor. Interview scheduling never happened. Calls went unreturned

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at United Blood Services in September 2007.

Interview

The process consisted of two parts. Firstly, I met one of the nurses who worked for UBS who talked to me about the job and told me of the benefits of the job and working for UBS. He explained that I would need to put in a written application to human resources, and they would do all the necessary background checks. When they had a hard time getting a hold of my referrals, I had to get more referrals for them to check. This got me scared. Finally they got a hold of everyone, ran my police report and credit report and they then gave my application to my medical director who called me personally for an interview. The interview with the medical director was very pleasant. She only described the job and asked if I was interested. I then spoke with her and the current group supervisor together, which also went very well. She called me back the next day with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Which patients did you have the most trouble with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating, which made it easier for me, since I don't negotiate well. The entry level salary was predetermined. It was explained that there was no set schedule for work days, and that one day a week would be an on call day.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Blood Services (Ventura, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

4 interviews. First one is a phone interview from HR. 2nd and 2rd with management and HR. 4th is a peer interview,which is awesome. Peer interview was the best part. A panel of random potential Co workers interviewEd me with previous approved questions. I then was allowed to ask them questions about the company as well. Excellent way to interview potentials to see if will be a good fit both ways.

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Blood Services (El Paso, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Series of written questions are asked as they write. The process itself is very impersonal. Be prepared with knowledge of the company and role of job and how you would fulfill the duties of the job. Although the job description does not say you will be traveling the majority of the time and the territory you will be covering.

Interview Questions

• Ask scenario questions as to what you would do in that role   Answer Question

Medical Affairs Interview

Application

Interview

Very smooth! I had 3 face to face interviews and was asked various questions about my character and work ethic

Donor Recruitment Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Blood Services (McAllen, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Panel interview. Included Regional Director. Department hiring manager did most of the talking. Prepare to give details of success stories from previous employment. Multiple phone interviews with HR manager before panel interview.

Donor Recruitment Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billings, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Blood Services (Billings, MT) in July 2017.

Interview

They move slow, the process took a month. It was a panel discussion with Adam from HR in Billings and two managers calling in remote from Fargo. I wont bore you with the details. Spoiler alert: I did not get the job. Did I nail the interview? I could have done better. Still I have 6 years in blood banking, 4 of which were in the role; with great success I might add. I find it difficult to believe that they had a more qualified candidate; I did not even get a second interview! This leads me to believe that it is true what I have heard about UBS: 1. They only hire family and friends (what a terrible way to run a company) 2. They will not hire you for your initial position if you are over 50. They, like many companies seem to have a fetish for
    millennials. Hmmmm....this all could be the root of their overall dis-function. What a waste of time. I should have taken it as a sign when Adam said the following during a phone interview: "I do not know what is up with these people, I see them pass on the most qualified candidate all the time".