United Nations Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Nations Foundation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2017

Programs Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Nations Foundation (Washington, DC).

Interview

First call from recruiter. Very friendly and provided useful information about the organisation. Then had 4 other separate interviews with other team members. Process took 18 days to get offer. All 5 interviews were informative of the organisation and made me relate to my experience and how it fits in to the role.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Nations Foundation (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

First I had an in person interview with two people in the department, which went well and was pretty standard. After they asked me to do a second round, I had two phone interviews (for logistical reasons) with another person in the department and one that oversees multiple departments. I was offered the position the next day. The whole process (from the time I applied) took about a week.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you think need improvement and what are you doing to work on them?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Nations Foundation (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and about one month later was called for a phone interview. The call was with two people but done separately. My second interview was the following week at their offices. Received rejection email five weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Questions were standard. The first interview was more technical and second more about organizational culture.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Nations Foundation (New York, NY).

Interview

standard interview. three people from the team I applied to interviewed me. we talked about my knowledge and experience with international relations. asked me to expand on parts of my resume. talked about the sustainable development goals and what my obligations would be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Nations Foundation (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone Screening interview. I talked with three people on the phone. It was challenging and difficult to listen clearly to them . However, they were very nice and accommodated. Only asked like 2-3 basic questions about my background and resume. I asked them a lot in return and it seemed to really get the conversation going.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United Nations Foundation.

Interview

Took about 4 weeks from initial interview to offer. Screening interview with HR, then in-person with the Director and Exec. Director (about 1.5 hours), and a final interview with more people from the team

Interview Questions

• what type of projects are you looking to more of/less of; how do your current responsibilities align with the position; what are your long-term career goals   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Nations Foundation in December 2015.

Interview

Applied through the Foundation online; I was contacted for a "interview" a few days later; Other friends who applied for the position in following years were not asked questions regarding UN history.

Intern Interview

Interview

Very casual and laid-back. No super-hard questions and the interviewers seemed genuinely interested in me and my experiences. Did not get an offer but they were very nice about it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United Nations Foundation.

Interview

I applied through their website and was contacted about two weeks later asking to have an initial phone screening. The call lasted about 20 minutes, and was mostly him giving more detail about the job. He did has a few questions about my experience. About two weeks after that I was contacted for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about how I see myself in the position, and how my experience would benefit UNF.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Nations Foundation (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The process was quick and efficient. I applied, and received a response promptly. We then scheduled a phone interview, and I received an offer for an in person interview a few days later. The next week, I came in for an in person interview, and to meet the communications/events team at the UN foundation.

Interview Questions

• They asked specific questions about my resume, they asked what attracted me to the internship opportunity, and why I was seeking an internship as a post grad/graduate student.   1 Answer