University College Cork Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University College Cork Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2017

2.5

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College Cork in August 2017.

Interview

Process relatively long , and all initial contact up until interview itself was conducted via email. Interview itself was approximately an hour and rather hypothetical questions were posed. Was a positive experience but challenging.

Interview Questions

• How would you do things differently regarding your past studies?   Answer Question

Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University College Cork (Cork (Ireland)) in April 2016.

Interview

Dismissive, I felt the job was already earmarked for someone else and that they simply went through the process, or appeared to, so as to comply with the law. I did not feel they were interested in me. I really don't have anything else helpful to say

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University College Cork (Cork (Ireland)) in February 2016.

Interview

I received an email from the principal investigator to say that I had passed the initial screening process and to organise a suitable time to interview. They were very flexible to arrange a time that suited me.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at University College Cork (Cork (Ireland)) in April 2015.

Interview

The process took 7 weeks. I was interviewed by a three-person panel, one other postdoctoral researcher, the project manager and the PI on the project. They were all very friendly, and assisted me with any questions that may have posed difficulties. Overall I found it to be a very positive experience.

Research Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University College Cork (Cork (Ireland)) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by three researchers on the project. Was pretty nervous but they set me at ease and just walked through my CV highlights. The worst part about the whole process was the time between application and interview (3-4 months) Overall as pleasant an interview as could have been possible.

Senior Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University College Cork (Cork (Ireland)) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. I applied online and was called for the interview after 3 weeks. The interview went smooth; I was asked some technical questions related to the position I applied for and a few behavioural questions. We went through my CV and everything was relaxing and cool.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University College Cork (Cork (Ireland)) in October 2012.

Interview

It was not an interview, it was simply an open written application. Provide your cover letter, your experience, reasons why you wanted to do the job. There were a number of roles available and they let you know at a later date if you were chosen for the job.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University College Cork in June 2012.

Interview

It was a great interview. Questions were all related to research interest and learning interest. As a first job I agreed with all the offers. Overall it was a very nice experience. Within 2 hours of interview over phone I was unexpectedly offered a job. In other universities it took at least 2 weeks to get any interview feedback.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University College Cork (Cork (Ireland)) in September 2011.

Interview

There was no interview process. If there was an interview process - obviously this is purely a guess, as there was no interview process - one would imagine that it may have covered such areas as an overall interest in education, why focus on chosen field, what learned to date in chosen field within formal education and what learned outside of formal education, what aims are for next five years, what would like to achieve in academic field - if academia is the long-term plan, why you, what will you bring to the job that others cannot, etc etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotation

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University College Cork (Cork (Ireland)) in July 2011.

Interview

Standard academic interview: presentation on teaching plan to students and faculty followed by panel interview and meetings with students. Suggested curriculum supplied in advance to inform teaching presentation. All panel questions were very standard and fairly predictable.