University Research Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University Research Co. Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.9

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University Research Co..

Interview

It was a great experience. Interviewer was professional and polite. It lasted for about 45 minutes and I was asked about 12 questions total. It didn't have many behavioral questions and focused more on my skillset.

Interview Questions

• How I would be a good fit for the job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University Research Co. (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

Met with manager and the person for whose position I was interviewing. The manager asked me the basic questions (Tell me about yourself, why are you interested in this position? etc). They also interviewed me in a foreign language which I had mentioned in my resume. I heard back in about 3 weeks with an offer.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University Research Co. (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

After applying online and submitting first to a phone screening, I had a fantastic in-person interview with a VP at their Bethesda offices. We spoke for well over 2 hours. Another senior staff member was brought in as well and we had a good conversation about where they wanted to head, and how this position would help drive that strategy. At the end of the interview, I was given a warm thank you for staying so long and agreeing to answer so many questions.
       After all this, I never heard from them again (no offer, no denial, no explanation). I've never experienced that before... very strange. Go figure.

Communications Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University Research Co..

Interview

Asked for an interview very quickly after sending application. Set up an in person interview (no phone interview) by the next week. Interview went smoothly, and the people I interviewed with were very responsive afterwards. Addressed all of my concerns. Even though I didn't get the job, the process was a lot more pleasant compared to other interviews I've been through.

Improvement Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University Research Co. (Bethesda, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

You have to send a resume and cover letter. The response from them for interview was fairly quick. Took less than a week to get a response for an interview

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how would you measure health inequity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University Research Co. (Bethesda, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

After applying online I was called to set up an in person interview at their offices in Bethesda, MD. I meant with three people from the International Development Group. They were very friendly and made me feel at ease. The interview began to feel more conversational. They asked a lot of questions about my resume and I had the opportunity to ask a lot of questions about working at URC. I left feeling great about the interview and the people i had met. It took over 6 weeks for me to finally hear back about the position (with me occasionally check in over the weeks). I'm not sure I would have heard back if I didn't have the email of my interviewers in order to reach out.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with financial management and tracking budgets?   Answer Question

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University Research Co. (Bethesda, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

3 people in initial interview, called me without notifying me of interview plan change. Didn't speak about my role in the program or program design at all, just asked me several basic work-style questions.

Contracts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University Research Co. (Bethesda, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted through Linkedin, followed up with phone calls and emails, then in-person interview. Interview process was pleasant overall, with staff very friendly. Recruiter staff were quite diligent in pursuing me.

Interview Questions

• No particular memorable questions...describe the job I currently do as well as the type of person/skills they're looking for and what they hope for the position/department.   Answer Question

Technical Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University Research Co. in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within just a few days. The first round was a phone interview which was supposed to last an hour and ended up only being about 15 minutes. They wanted to bring me in immediately for an in person interview, but since there was a conference going on that week, they interviewed me at a hotel instead where the conference was being held.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any "typical" interview questions. In fact, I was surprised by how unorthodox the interview was. It was more like a conversation, and they basically just went over projects that I could get involved with which aligned with my past experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After checking references, I was made an offer and they asked for my salary history at my previous jobs. I was honest, although in hind sight, I could've made anything up as they didn't even bother to check. The HR person I spoke with said that it's company policy to only offer 5% more than your highest salary. However, the reason why they do this is because when they actually offer you 10% more, it makes them seem generous as if they're doing you a favor. Nonetheless, I still declined the 10% offer as it was very clear that they were basing my salary strictly on what I made before, and not actually because of my qualifications and skills. We eventually settled on a salary that was about 15% more than what I made previously

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University Research Co. (Bethesda, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for two project coordinator positions around December 2014. In February 2014, I was contacted about one. The first step was an immediate interview with the project team, as well as a representative from the team whose other listing I also applied to. The interview went extremely well. I got on well with the team, thought that they were impressed with my experience and my knowledge. The next day I followed up with thank you emails. Then, nothing. I never heard from them again. No thank you for coming in, no notification that they'd given the job to someone else, nothing. Then, in July of 2015 (over 6 months since I had applied to the original two listings), I got an email from them asking to come in for an interview the next day for the other job listing. Needless to say, I did not accept the offer for an interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage projects that have multiple contractors, describe a time when a contractor was not fulfilling his/her obligations and what you did, how comfortable are you with XYZ, etc.   Answer Question