University of Rochester Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.4

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY).

Interview

I applied online in January and got a reply to schedule an interview the next day for the following week. Second interview was after 2 weeks. I was supprised to get to the final level because I had applied to four department with the same tittle and never gead anything back.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed about a first round video interview. After the first round I had a final round video interview with the head PI. The first round included three individuals interviewing me. The final was a 1 on 1.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience working in groups.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had a conflict and how you resolved it   Answer Question
    • What are three things about you that we couldn't get from your resume?   Answer Question
    • I was asked to provide two writing samples, a powerpoint sample, and 3 professional references.   Answer Question

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Pretty simple had a one-on-one interview first gave the sort of elevator speech then I was able to get a more formal interview the following day. we emailed back and forth and I applied for the position from their website and we discussed my hourly wage and start time and time things of that nature

Interview Questions

• If you had to describe and IP address to your grandmother how would you do that?   1 Answer

Administrator Interview

Interview

I was sent away for being four minutes late. The hiring manager could not even get up out of her chair to tell me she couldn't see me. She yelled from inside her office that I was late so she is no longer available. Four minutes! Mind you, I was in the main lobby waiting to ask for directions to this woman's office because you are forced to navigate the building on your own. She wouldn't even give me the time to explain or option to reschedule. I have never been treated so poorly by an interviewer/potential employer. I have turned down several interviews at URMC because this ridiculously rude individual has made such a terrible impression on me.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions asked.   2 Answers

Manager, Administrative Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Good interview although the hiring administrator only spent about 15 minutes with me and was running late. Then two other staff were brought in. Seemed to be hurried and then due to the administrator running late, the next meeting participants were knocking on the conference room door. I guess that I may have been too relaxed as they did not offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• What behavior to find it most difficult to manage?   1 Answer

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The process was really straight forward and comfortable. The Medical Center was open a new center and had an opening for a IT Technician. This was an opportunity to have someone pioneer the position roles and tasks. They appreciated my flexibility and skill sets.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Story Line?   1 Answer

X-Ray Technician Interview

Interview

The interview is an opportunity to demonstrate to an employer why you are the best fit for the
    position. Essentially, it is your marketing pitch. It is important to use this opportunity to stress
    how you will contribute to the company while highlighting your skills and accomplishments. The
    employer also uses interviews to get a sense of your personality and how you will fit in the
    workplace. However, the interview is also your opportunity to evaluate the company, the people
    you would be working for and with, and get a sense of whether or not you are interested and
    comfortable with the job expectations. Make sure that you take advantage of the opportunity
    to learn more about the position

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had difficulty working with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Health Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was stiff and I felt unwelcomed to ask questions about the position. I prefer to understand a position from a wide lens and when I asked questions to understand the interviewer was noticeably annoyed and appeared offended.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me of a time you dealt with a difficult issue in the work place?   Answer Question

Analyst/Programmer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

1) E-mail was sent regarding job application. Asked to come in for interview within 1 week from e-mail.
    2) During interview process, met with group of people the trainee will be working: 2 lead HIM (Health Information Management Department ) Data Integrity Analysts with Data Integrity Director as the main manager giving the interview.
    3) HRMS displays different information under Careers tab for analyst/programmer trainee position than is presented for the actual position since HR has a generic position summary for it. This might to be the case for all jobs within the University of Rochester.
    4) Director of department gives you an overview of the position and what it entails. Then proceeds to ask the applicant about their resume or more so "Tell me about your work experiences".

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weakness working in a group setting?
      How easily do you adapt to changing environments and settings?
      How you go about producing accurate results?
      1 Answer

Patient Care Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

First you have to fill out application online. Then you have to interview with a nurse recruiter. Then finally with a nurse manager to the unit they need to assign you.

Interview Questions

• why do you work in nursing?   1 Answer