University of Rochester Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Rochester Medical Center Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Rochester Medical Center

2.5

Interface Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center.

Interview

Consisted of an interview with the team director .
    Mostly a discussion about qualifications initially. Programming experience and concepts .
    Followed up with a team interview with the existing team fielding any questions they had

Cardiologist Interview

Interview

The staff was very friendly and very open. Met with several doctors who explained program and pros and cons. It seemed like a place on the rise. It has everything one would want.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a difficult experience you had in residency   Answer Question

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

Very in-depth tour of the lab that was very helpful and informative. However, actual interview questions were very short and no notes were taken. I felt like a few questions were asked that were surface level and didn't need more than a sentence or two to answer, and then I was hurried out the door.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing to remember when operating a centrifuge?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center in May 2019.

Interview

I followed the researchers to their office. They described the position, asked if I had any questions and then asked me questions based on my resume. They told me they had more hiring to do but would let me know in a month.

Interview Questions

• This position requires a 2 year time commitment, can you do that?   Answer Question

Junior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Straight forward. Started with a phone interview that looked mainly at how you processed information and the steps you would take in various situations. Second interview was in person and was similar in that it looked at how you think about various issues however it was a bit more technical than the phone screening.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation with an anger customer with a computer issue?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY).

Interview

The school paid for hotel, flights, and transportation. Interviewed with 5 faculty of my choice. The interviews themselves felt fairly informal were mostly spent discussing previous research experience and any questions I had about the program or specific faculty's research. Was escorted by current graduate students and given a tour of Rochester, including a housing tour. Went to dinner with just the students one night and a faculty/student dinner the next.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything that is not on your resume that you would like us to know?   Answer Question

Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

It was a very quick process, I completed a phone screen and one in person interview with a group of individuals on the team. They were understanding of my background and asked good questions relating to the position.

Interview Questions

• Give me a scenario in how you had two different managers and how you approached the situation?   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

I had found the job on monster and applied I was called by a recruiter the next day for a phone interview with the recruiter in HR, applied online through their website,then Interviewed with nurse manager and did a shadow(about 30 minutes).

Interview Questions

• Discribe a time when you had to work together as a team and succeeded?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center.

Interview

The interview process was light and positive. It included a phone interview then an in person interview with a call back. It was also a panel/group interview for the second round. Asked to describe myself, why I would be a good fit, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a coworker   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I met with the person who would be my supervisor along with two other people from the group. The overall process was them asking me how I would solve different technical problems, my experiences with different programming languages, and how familiar I was with different file formats.

In typical University of Rochester fashion, it took months from application to getting an interview. It has been several more months since the interview and they still have not made a decision on whether or not to hire me.

If this is any indication of how long anything takes to get done at U of R I will probably decline the position if offered.

Interview Questions

• How would you replace all occurrences of a string in a large text document?   1 Answer