University of Rochester Medical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Rochester Medical Center

2.5

Patient Care Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

First you have to fill out application online. Then you have to interview with a nurse recruiter. Then finally with a nurse manager to the unit they need to assign you.

Interview Questions

• why do you work in nursing?   1 Answer

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in September 2018.

Interview

I had found the job on monster and applied I was called by a recruiter the next day for a phone interview with the recruiter in HR, applied online through their website,then Interviewed with nurse manager and did a shadow(about 30 minutes).

Interview Questions

• Discribe a time when you had to work together as a team and succeeded?   1 Answer

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Questions were straightforward, honest interview process. Asked me questions both individually and with a panel. Gave me tour of facility. Met some other therapists and doctors. Whole process was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Goals to become further certified (OCS, SCS). Background before hiring. School experiences. Ability to work weekends. Overall philosophy on treatment methods. Ability to work on other projects besides physical therapy. How I worked within a team, how I worked with doctors.   Answer Question

Junior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Straight forward. Started with a phone interview that looked mainly at how you processed information and the steps you would take in various situations. Second interview was in person and was similar in that it looked at how you think about various issues however it was a bit more technical than the phone screening.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation with an anger customer with a computer issue?   Answer Question

Staff Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Was fast and very smooth. HR recruiter and manager were knowledgable, freindly, and gave a lot of information about the orgaization, the mission and culture, and specific functions and duties I would be expected to perform. The hiring process probably would have been quicker, but it occured over the holidays

Interview Questions

• If I had a problem with another staff member, how I would handle it   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, as I felt their offer was more than adeqaute given my education and experience

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Great interview. Both interal and external applicants have the opportunity to shadow in their area of interest. This typically lasts four hours. This employer offers great benefits. Opportunities for growth and education are unparalled. Nurse manager very approachable and involved in unit daily activities.

Interview Questions

• Describe one situation where you were able to turn a bad event into a good outcome   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY).

Interview

I applied online in January and got a reply to schedule an interview the next day for the following week. Second interview was after 2 weeks. I was supprised to get to the final level because I had applied to four department with the same tittle and never gead anything back.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

I sent my resume and cover letter to the contact person for the position and was called within a couple of business days for an interview. Every team member from the research study interviewed me separately. The next day, I was called to complete an interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you like least about your current position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no reeom for negotiation as the research study was grant funded.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed about a first round video interview. After the first round I had a final round video interview with the head PI. The first round included three individuals interviewing me. The final was a 1 on 1.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience working in groups.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had a conflict and how you resolved it   Answer Question
    • What are three things about you that we couldn't get from your resume?   Answer Question
    • I was asked to provide two writing samples, a powerpoint sample, and 3 professional references.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Rochester Medical Center.

Interview

The interview process was light and positive. It included a phone interview then an in person interview with a call back. It was also a panel/group interview for the second round. Asked to describe myself, why I would be a good fit, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a coworker   Answer Question