Uniworld River Cruises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Uniworld River Cruises

Digital Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Uniworld River Cruises (Encino, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

First they will call you to set up a screening interview. Then they'll ask you to come in and actually work for few day. They might even pay you for your work. But don't expect them to explain your work and what to do, you'll be on your own.

Digital Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Uniworld River Cruises (Encino, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR/talent manager initially and had two phone screens and two in person interviews in Encino. The first interview I was asked intelligent questions and was able to have a two-way dialogue that helped me gauge my interest, highlight my qualifications and personal work style. The second interview was a panel and included someone who would be reporting to the position I was interviewing for. It was the worst interview I have been on. This person was looking to discredit me and was very aggressive. There was confusion as to what the job entailed--i.e. I have some coding skills and know what the various languages are and do, however, I am not a developer nor should a Director of Digital Marketing be a developer--those are two different jobs entirely. I was also asked to recite the latest Google algorithm update that happened two days before I interviewed. I am very digitally savvy, however, I had not been in the SEO world for a few months so I could not recite the exact nature of the update. The gotcha questions tainted the interview--I almost stood up and walked out. Unfortunately, I was forced to defend myself most of the 45 minutes I was there and the other two professionals that were on the panel did not get the "best" me.

I later put two and two together and it was later confirmed that the aggressive person in the interview wanted that job. I'm was absolutely sabotaged. My final thoughts, just because I have my own consulting business for the past three years, does not mean I'm unemployed or not employable, it's the exact opposite. It takes experience and guts to land your own clients and projects, especially in this climate.

Unless your favorite part of history was the Spanish Inquisition and you want to reenact it, I don't recommend working in that dept.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult questions, the hostile delivery and attitude was off putting.   2 Answers

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Uniworld River Cruises in October 2010.

Interview

One interview; interviewer clearly thought I was overqualified. All questions seemed to pertain to that.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been on a team where someone was not pulling their own weight? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Program Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basel (Switzerland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Uniworld River Cruises (Basel (Switzerland)) in January 2016.

Interview

Warm welcome
    Open discusion
    Friendly atmosphere
    Interview with 1 to 1
    test day to discover the task of the position
    No skype or phone interview,
    only face to face
    Positive interview and nice spirit

first presentation of the compagny then presentation of the job then presentation of my self

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pas de négociation nécessaire