Update Legal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 24, 2017

1.9

Client Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Update Legal (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Super easy. Recruiter reached out to me. I met with him and the sales manager on the same day. Had to come back the next day to meet with HR. Had and offer within 4 days of initial contact. Standard questions

Attorney Interview

Interview

very easy run of the mill sort of interview for a contract attorney. basically asked about legal conflicts of interest, legal background and practice, and availability. the important thing is they spoke to you respectfully and asked you questions as a professional.

Interview Questions

• generally go through a list of clients to see if you conflict out because you have done plaintiff/defendent work.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Update Legal (New York, NY).

Interview

I was there for half a day. Met with a few people and they like to get personal. If they like you, they will proceed with an offer letter. There is also a background check (3 references).

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Update Legal.

Interview

Submit materials. Get called for interview. Standard interview to speak about your previous work experiences. It is fairly streamlined. More interested in getting to know you and less interested about throwing curve balls. As long as you maintain standard professionalism your resume and bar license is the main aspect of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal position and why or why not have you been able to attain it?   1 Answer

Contract Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Update Legal (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

Mostly done over the phone, short in person meeting. Fairly casual, but enjoyable. In person meeting was to sign paperwork and go over any questions I had about the temporary employee process. Overall, not very demanding. I think the client's role at this point is more important than that of Update Legal.

Interview Questions

• What kind of position I am interested in; my upcoming timeline; possible time conflicts; etc.   Answer Question

Temp Positions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Update Legal.

Interview

Met with recruiter who was very nice, the meeting was a laid back experience. We mostly went over my background and resume, and discussed areas I would like to pursue.

Interview Questions

• How long can you commit to one project, How do we know you will stay on a project you are assigned even if you don't like it?   Answer Question

Document Review for Licensed Attorneys Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Update Legal (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I interviewed and I'm quite qualified. I was somewhat perplexed, however when I received an email advising they would pay me a referral fee for qualified candidates I could refer. I advised them "I" was available, but was informed they were just seeking applicants.

It's very, very unprofessional and I don't appreciate them wasting professionals time with the numerous documents requesting highly confidential person information such as social security numbers, drivers license, etc. and the expense we incur to just "fill up" their database to give the impression upon the law firms that they have a large applicant pool, all the while using the same preferred temps. I also suspect that since I'm a minority, they don't hire my kind. I won't be recommending this company to any law firms or lawyers to use, I suspect they discriminate and don't really hire anyone else, just a few insiders.

Interview Questions

Update Legal Response

Jan 27, 2016 – Legal Recruiter

Dear Candidate, Please let me apologize for the experience that you had while working with us back in May. Typically we send out referral emails so that candidates who may not be currently working ... More

Contract Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Update Legal.

Interview

I went in and had a chat with the Director. It was laid back and fun. I followed up with her the following day in in a few weeks, I was on a project.

Interview Questions

• The basics: Where did I go to school -- When did I graduate -- My background in document review, etc.   Answer Question

Document Revier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Update Legal (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was quick after filling out some paperwork. The woman I spoke with was very pleasant. I had interviewed with 2 other document review agencies prior to that, and she seemed the most likely to actually find me temporary work.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview was questions about my past experiences and explaining them in further detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are none. The company hiring for the project sets the per hr rate.

Document Review Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Update Legal (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

It's pretty standard and without pressure: You must go and register with the agency by filling out all of the standard employment forms, an interviewer asks about your experience and what you are looking for, and then you will be added tot the database, and you'll be emailed if/when a review project comes up.

Interview Questions

• The questions were related to my experience, what I was looking for in terms of salary and position, and my availability.   Answer Question