Upstart Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 177 of over 177 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Upstart

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Upstart

Interview

I had a fantastic experience interviewing at Upstart. I was doing a time-sensitive search due to the H1b grace period, which I communicated to the recruiter during the screening call. The recruiters and the interview panel agreed to expedite the interview process without compromising the quality of the interview structure. The lead technical recruiter set the expectations about the role, job description and defined what success means for this role. The expectations remained consistent throughout the interview process (I received the same explanation from the folks in the panel and the hiring manager). The manager interview process was very well constructed - The hiring manager round, three technical chats, cross-functional, leadership, background behavioral/culture fit rounds split over two days, and I had sufficient time to ask questions as well. There was a direct line of communication with the recruiter, and I received the feedback, offer, instructions for the next steps (HR Ops) within seven business days as desired. An engineering manager is evaluated both as a software engineer and as a leader, so preparation is critical. Overall, this was a very well constructed and transparent interview, and I enjoyed talking to the team about the vision, product, and opportunities one has in this role. As a result, I have accepted the offer and looking forward to making an impact.

Interview Questions
  • The hiring manager round, three technical chats, cross-functional, leadership, background behavioral/culture fit rounds.
    Answer Question

Upstart

Application

I interviewed at Upstart

Interview

1st phone call with recruiter for initial screening and to match skill set 2nd video call with an engineer on code pair for sql interview about data analysis. This lasted for 45 min.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Upstart

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Upstart

Application

I interviewed at Upstart

Interview

I applied on a Saturday afternoon. Not even one minute after Upstart opened for the day, I received a note that (Regrettably - we have decided to pursue other candidates). Extremely unprofessional, I have a Master's degree and over five years of experience in this field, and from what it looked like, they were hiring multiple candidates. Do some research on your candidates before writing them off completely.

Upstart

Application

I interviewed at Upstart

Interview

The interview was extremely efficient, Claudia was very kind and responsive through out the entire process. Yadwinder and Karan from Ops conducted the interview and explained the position thoroughly while asking me very detailed questions about my experience.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Upstart (Dallas, TX) in Nov 2021

Interview

My interview process was great claudia pouani was amazing and very helpful during the whole process. She was very knowledgeable of the company and answer all of my questions. I’m excited to get started with this company

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Upstart (Columbus, OH) in Nov 2021

Interview

Recruiter Call • Pretty basic stuff here. Was reached out to via LinkedIN initially Hiring Manager chat • I wasn't really looking, but thought it'd be useful to chat with the HM. Very friendly and answered my questions • Didn't really ask me questions Portfolio Review with Hiring Manager • Presented one project, chatted about process Likely declined due to the inability to speak to a hypothetical ideal UX process, which having worked with a lot of companies never conforms to a documented process Recommend asking to view product to get a sense of the work and have work examples with deeper user research activities. Skill at design is irrelevant.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Upstart

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Upstart in Nov 2021

Interview

The hiring process was very easy in my opinion. I had one 30 minute phone interview with Claudia, the recruiter, and she was very kind and professional. A week later, I had two interviews with two of the hiring managers. They both were very professional and the interviews went smoothly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Upstart (Columbus, OH) in Nov 2021

Interview

Claudia reached out in a timely manner to do the interview and informed of the timeframe in which I should hear back, I felt very comfortable speaking with every, they made it very easy and understanding during the process.

Interview Questions
  • Would I be ok with commuting to the Easton location?

Upstart

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Upstart in Nov 2021

Interview

The interview has three parts: recruiter phone call--> Hiring manager call--> final round. Past working experience, channel management experience like SEO, SEM, etc. I was not moved forward to the final interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Upstart (Columbus, OH) in Oct 2021

Interview

The interview process was great. I especially like the email portion of the reference checks as it can be a tad difficult to reach ppl via phone calls. I also enjoyed the balanced conversation with all 3 interviews .

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Upstart (Columbus, OH) in Oct 2021

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview with an awesome recruiter. The second interview was two separate 30 minute zoom sessions with two Operations managers per session, one interviewing and the other shadowing. I was able to do mine back to back which was great.

Interview Questions
  • What is your biggest weakness and how are you actively working on it?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 177 Interviews