Usablenet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Usablenet Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Usablenet (New York, NY).

Interview

Four stages. Phone interview, then in-person with several managers. Then in-person with Director of Project Management, then skype with Head of Delivery. Questions about your PM process, preferred process/framework for project management, project you're most proud of, etc.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Usablenet.

Interview

Very disorganized. Originally scheduled to have a phone interview which the recruiter never called and had to reschedule. After the phone interview, I followed up with the recruiter twice but never heard back.

User Experience Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Usablenet.

Interview

Applied and got an e-mail from the recruiter two months later for a phone interview. There's an office in LA and the recruiter then offered for an "on-site" at the LA office. Weather on the East Coast prevented the team from flying in. Got reverted back to a phone interview. Waiting for the call at the scheduled time and nobody called. I e-mailed the recruiter and scheduled another appointment for a phone interview. Waited around for 30 minutes and nobody called. I e-mailed the recruiter again and said to forget about it since I've been just told to wait and not get a response. Thanked them and moved on with my job search.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Usablenet (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I recently had 2 interviews for a senior PM position at usablenet.
    - One 30 min interview with the Director of Project Management
    - One 45 min interview with 2 service lines directors

The first interview helped me understand what they were looking for, how the company is organized, and the same day I got a positive reply to go ahead with a second step.

The second interview was planned 3 days after, initially with one service line director and one sales lead, but ended being with 2 service lines directors.

Both interviews were nice with a clear presentation of the company and the expected profile.

There was supposed to be a third optional interview but it never happened. Despite very good feedback after both interviews, I was not selected. The reason given being that they changed their mind and promoted someone internally.

Interview Questions

• Maybe I was too well prepared but I would say there were no difficult or unexpected question   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Usablenet (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Met with hiring manager and team lead for a day and then took a tour around the office. Nothing out of the ordinary in the process, only met with two people

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your recent project management experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Usablenet (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with them for an 45 minutes. It seemed rushed, but it was clearly not a fit.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about the hardest projects you had to manage.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Usablenet (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Strictly behavioral, no case questions. You meet with several people on your hiring team -- colleagues and managers. Generally unstructured. You do a resume walk through, and answer some basic behavioral interview questions. It seems like "culture fit" is a big thing when evaluating new hires.

Interview Questions

• Resume walk through, what do you know / like about the company, etc.   Answer Question

BA Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Usablenet (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Found the opportunity via 2nd connection on LinkedIn. Had simple phone screening and was invited to interview. After 1st interview, was asked back for a 2nd. During the 2nd interview, I met with a team lead, who I assume guaranteed my employment. I accepted the job and began working 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Where did you go to school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple. I had no previous experience and accepted the low salary offered.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Usablenet (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Let me start by saying I didn't get the job.

This confused me because I was there for nearly two hours. I spoke to three people.

When I first got there it is clear they screen for QA Lead and QA Engineer positions at once. First I spoke to a woman briefly and we had small chatter. It was an easy interview focused mostly on process. I waited only a few seconds before I was introduced to a QA Lead and we spoke briefly before the head of QA stepped in and joined the interview. The QA Lead didn't have very many questions - but those he did have were simple mobile/QA Process related questions; this is a web to mobile place which should inform you about the type of questions I got. The head of QA asked many questions about my history and specifically about what I wanted to do in the future.

Again, the interview lasted two hours and they needed someone so I expected to get an offer. Apparently I made the wrong decision when asked where I wanted to be in five years I said, "Lead QA or a Project Manager." They didn't like that I said PM - and flat out rejected me on that basis.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Usablenet (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

I looked forward to the interview with the company and had read as much as possible about their products and management. At that time, the company was growing (and I believe continues to grow) very rapidly. Most companies struggle during rapid growth, particularly if not managed by seasoned people. The 2 men who interviewed me were professional and I had confidence in their abilities. I have over 15 years of experience and was not quite the right fit for the roles they had available. I was not specifically offered a role, as my salary requirements were more than what they could offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were neither unexpected nor especially difficult, but I was asked to describe a project I had managed.   Answer Question