UserTesting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UserTesting Interview Questions

Interviews at UserTesting

2.4

Contract Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UserTesting.

Interview

HR contacted me over the phone for round 1 of interview. It took her 3 days to schedule a phone interview.

When she called, she was in caltrain. Our call was getting disconnected repeatedly. I was wondering why she accepted a time when she is not free? I didn't find it to be professional at all. The very next day she mailed me that they are not offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Can you travel to SF from South Bay?   1 Answer

People Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UserTesting (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

Submitted my resume through Craigslist. I got an email a couple days from HR to setup a phone screening. We spoke about the position and why I was looking for a new role. She asked how much money I was making at my current job. She said they could do a little bit better than what I was making... A couple of days later another person from HR reached out to me to setup an onsite interview. Interviewed for an hour with the person who would be my boss, which I actually thought went well. Next interview was with HR director via zoom. Last interview was with a person who would I would work closely with but he worked out of the SF office. A week after the interview, HR called to follow up on questions about a previous job and asked for professional references. HR also mentioned during the follow up, the interview with my potential boss didn't go as well as I thought. She kept on asking about what I thought of her, and if I think we would make a good team... Overall, I think the process for their hiring takes a long time because they are a start up and they want to ensure they are hiring the right person.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UserTesting.

Interview

The interview include phone calls with a recruiter, a video call with an engineer with a basic coding test using Coder Pad, and on site interview with coding challenges and questions about past team experiences

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UserTesting.

Interview

I was referred from an internal employee. I received a phone screen with the recruiter, who was the most disingenuous person I have ever spoken to. She would ask about something, and keep interrupting with "up huh", "oh wow", "yeah", "got it" over and over again every other word I spoke. Super awkward since I spoke about a technology I had been working with and she used "oh wow", which prompted me to ask politely if she was aware of what it was (I love talking about it with others), only to receive a strict "no".

When it came time to ask questions about the company and culture, I couldn't get a single non-manufactured, genuine response. Her answers were right out of a company PR book filled with buzzwords, even though I feel that I attempted to engage her personally.

The next steps were a coding challenge and since this experience was pretty poor I passed.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UserTesting (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The process was long. I initially applied as a DevOps engineer and they decided I was more suited as a Software Engineer, so I went through both processes. I made it all the way to the end and spoke with the senior vice president and was very confident I got the job, but I was informed that I did not get the position due to lack of test driven development experience. I was very surprised, as I had done TDD during the interview and I thought I had made it clear that I was a huge advocate of TDD.

Overall, it seems like it would be a good place to work, but I would have liked for them to notify me earlier in the process rather than after my 5th interview.

Interview Questions

• We walked through a reservoir sampling problem, which I found fairly difficult as I had not worked with the algorithm before.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at UserTesting (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from a search firm who spoke to me about a couple of different sales roles at the company. After a few discussions around which role would be the best fit, he put me in touch with the hiring manager. I had a quick phone screen with the hiring manager but I think we both felt as though it wasnt a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at UserTesting?   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UserTesting (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Just did a phone interview and was then told to do a task to get to the next stage, even before you talk to anyone else. Why waste your time before you decide if the job is right for you? Two-way street. Also, even though the job is listed as SF, you are required to travel to San Jose too. The phone interview was very impersonal and robotic.

Interview Questions

• Have you experience working with other teams?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UserTesting in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and the process took about two weeks. 3 interviews and a phone screen were involved before I was asked if I would take a contract role rather than a permanent one. I followed up with questions about the contract option, and they never responded.

I noticed that most of the team seems to be working remote, so if you're looking to relocate to SF bay, I would probably avoid wasting time interviewing for this company.

Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UserTesting in November 2014.

Interview

Potential employees apply online using just your Email and a password. A couple hours later they sent me a video tutorial on how to test websites and how to use the recorder. Immediately after the training I took a recorded "test" where I reviewed a website for them and uploaded the video to be reviewed. Then they got back with me the next day to say it was accepted.

Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UserTesting in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then recorded a sample test experience. It was easy to do as long as you followed the instructions. After the sample test, I was unable to submit any more tests until it was approved. It took several days for someone to review my sample video, but once they did, I was able to take tests whenever one was available.