UserTesting Reviews | Glassdoor

UserTesting Reviews

Found 131 reviews

3.8
Andy MacMillan
Pros
  • "Great product in a hot market, benefits (catered lunches, massages, yoga), career growth, great cultures(in 16 reviews)

• "Work from home or where ever you are(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "All of tests are available only on a first come first serve basis(in 28 reviews)

• "They are so specific that no one would ever qualify to actually test the website(in 7 reviews)

"Stellar place, getting better every day!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in New York, NY

I have been working at UserTesting full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

It's awesome to be with the leader in the UX space, and growing to Product, Marketing, etc., and to have 98% of your customers genuinely appreciating what you're doing for their business. New management is awesome, and the team keeps getting stronger and stronger. Great product continues to improve.

Cons

With great growth, comes change. If you can't handle change, that's a con.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. :)

UserTesting2019-03-05

April 17, 2019Chief People Officer

Thanks for the nice review. We've been a'changing for sure. Thanks for hanging in there with us!

2. "Website Testing From Home"

Current Employee - Work From Home User Acceptance Tester

I have been working at UserTesting part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

This is a very good way to gain some basic user acceptance experience while testing websites from home.

Cons

All of tests are available only on a first come first serve basis.

Advice to Management

N/a

UserTesting2019-05-01
    • "Potential could be good"

Current Employee - Tester

I have been working at UserTesting part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very flexible, $10 per test and the scenarios instructions are very clear and easy to understand.

Cons

* It’s hard to get a website to review, seems like the screening questions can go on and on to boot you out of being able to do it. * Sometimes it seems like you get the same ones because the screening questions are exactly the same.

Advice to Management

It would be easier to have the qualifications listed on each assignments, it’s very time consuming to keep answering question after question just to say I’m not qualified. There should be a system that can match up assignments with our qualifications.

UserTesting2019-04-23

"Dreadful and tiring"

I have been working at UserTesting full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Colleagues are great and we always try to lift eachother up

Cons

Morale is dropping and upper management keeps letting people go so now people are leaving on their own as well. I don't see a future here anymore and I don't know where the company is going. It seems like it's becoming more 'sales ' and no one cares about the professional service group anymore. Everyone just keeps working hard for nothing so its dreadful and tiring to go to work now. Some people on the PM team doesnt...

Advice to Management

Have a plan when you lay someone off and be transparent about it and guide the team if you're a leader. Don't just have us figure it out ourselves, although its challenging to do that but some guidance would be nice.

UserTesting2019-04-11

April 17, 2019Chief People Officer

Thank you for being open in your review. I've shared this with the best people on the team to work with you and look at what happened. We're sad that the changes made impacted you and your team this way.

"Offer feedback"

Current Employee - Stay At Home Mother in Rockville, MD

I have been working at UserTesting part-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Its good to check new or current websites and give my feedback. I love that others values my opinions, and suggestions. You can make$10 easily if you qualify for a test.

Cons

If you think you can count on this as a full or part time job, look somewhere else. Occasionally you come across a task that you are qualified for. Furthermore, you do not always get a task to screen of you are qualified or not. Even so, you try to honestly or what you think they are looking for and it says, " unfortunately you do not qualify." I just wish more task would show up on my screen.

Advice to Management

Try to give more tasks to stay at home moms because full time parenting prepares our mind to do any job description you can think of. Moreover, do not judge someone for not having any job experienced in a field because many people are fast learner and they can often times fullfil the job better than those who says that they have experienced. I have four degrees: two Masters and 2 Bachelors, but being a stay mother means...

UserTesting2019-02-27

April 17, 2019Chief People Officer

Thanks for the commentary. It's hard for us to gauge what our customers are looking for in a tester -- this isn't in control of the company. With the addition of our UserMuse acquisition, we hope that we will have dramatically more opportunities in the near future -- particularly ...

"This is the place to be"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at UserTesting full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great product, strong leadership, employee-first culture, management really cares about developing the team.

Cons

Not enough urgency in a few groups

Advice to Management

Stay on your path. Great moves so far.

UserTesting2019-02-23

"Fantastic engineering culture. Well executed product."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at UserTesting full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Fantastic engineering culture. Smart employees. Values growth, kindness, and customers. Great product. Very remote friendly.

Cons

Some tech debt. Outdated frameworks in use.

UserTesting2018-11-20

"No Money, No Tests, Not Worth IT"

Current Employee - Tester

I have been working at UserTesting part-time for more than a year

Pros

None. I have nothing positive to say. If the process worked as it claims, it might be okay.

Cons

There are rarely tests you qualify for. You will spend time taking screeners , but rarely qualify for an actaul test. Your hourly wage will be horrible considering all the time you waste taking screeners only to find out you don't qualify.

Advice to Management

Give users tests.

UserTesting2018-12-18

"All my friends wish they worked here"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Marietta, GA

I have been working at UserTesting full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Very flexible, and responsive to my scheduling needs. An unusually caring group of people that is strong on empathy and communication over hierarchy.

Cons

Structure keeps changing, and culture rewards the outspoken over the shy.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, I've been increasingly impressed with the choices made by the (changing) executive team over the past few years.

UserTesting2018-11-02

"Growing company - amazing perks"

I have been working at UserTesting full-time

Pros

UserTesting is a leader of the industry. The culture is more than enticing! Free lunch 2X a week, stocked break room, bi-weekly happy hours, weekly yoga sessions and massages. New executive team is exactly what UT needs to get to the next level. Big things are on th horizon and I am excited to be part of the journey!

Cons

Not a great work life balance. Many employees commutes take up to an hour +. Work from home 1-2x a month would alleviate a painful commute.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees and let them know they are being heard.

UserTesting2018-07-31

August 16, 2018Chief People Officer

Thanks for the feedback. As you know, we're looking at our offices and how we work. Please talk to your manager about working from home occasionally -- this is something we support if it is possible!

Found 131 reviews